April 16, 2014 | 1128 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #150 Large Powder Brush

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2014 6:13:00 AM More reviews by Victoriajane89

At first I loved this brush, it was soft, applied powder/bronzer evenly, but after a few months the hairs from the brush started malting, and it was annoying picking them all off my face, then the bristles got scratchy and just think it is a waste of money (good if you repurchase brushes every 3 months)... will not be buying again

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2014 12:33:00 PM More reviews by jlushh

Love this brush, yes it is big, but that's why I like it!

I use it to apply my powder, which it does well.

The brush is so soft & doesn't really shed (I have owned it for over a year).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2014 5:28:00 AM More reviews by LushGamer

I am not sure if I just got some magic #150 brush or something but I love this brush! I have found mine to be super soft and it is yet to shed at all.

Whilst it is a very pricey brush I have found that it was totally worth it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2014 1:49:00 AM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love my MAC brushes, but I didn't like this. I needed an all over powder brush so I decided to go with this one. I didn't realize how huge it is! It's way too big to be used for much, so I returned it. It's still a really good brush, it's just too big for my taste. I returned for the 129. If you like big brushes than you need this.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2013 3:58:00 PM More reviews by lushblush

love this!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/3/2013 11:25:00 AM More reviews by Hotpookas

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I just threw mine away (after spending 15 min washing it) because it SHEDS every time I use it. :(
It's so funny how the SA's never mention their gift with purchase program! "Buy any blush or powder brush and get facial hair freeeeeeee"

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2013 8:33:00 AM More reviews by flylikeacg

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i don't understand the negative reviews on this brush, i bought it and i absolutely LOVE IT! infact it was my very first mac brush ever. i never thought i would buy mac brushes because of how expensive they are. BUT of course this brush SHEDS LIKE CRAZY! Yes i mean what brush wouldn't shed at all? i don't mind the shedding at all because its not like as if the bristles would stick to my face or anything and it doesn't shed a lot at all, this is honestly one of the best powder brushes i've ever used, i decided to splurge my money and spend $70+ ( in singapore its this expensive) because i know its gonna last me a very long time, i love this because unlike some powder brushes the bristles are so fluffy and big but in the same time i can't get any product like pressed powder onto the brush! this has nicely packed bristles together that makes it easy to get my pressed powder products onto the brush and i also use this to bronze my face sometimes.

this brush doesn't have the softest bristles and can be a bit scratchy sometimes but that totally isn't a big problem for me, regardless, this is definitely one of the brushes i would recommend to people who are starting out their mac brush collection!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2013 4:49:00 PM More reviews by TiaDGB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

This one of my first MAC brushes, and I am thoroughly disappointed. In expected that the hefty price tag and brand name would mean superior performance, but not in this case! I have had better luck with my cheapy E.L.F. and EcoTools powder brushes!

First of all, the bristles seem to be loosely packed and flimsy, which makes it difficult to pick up product and control the application.

Second of all, this brush sheds like crazy. Every time I use it I have to pick a few little black hairs off of my face!

Third of all, this brush feels very scratchy and not soft at all! It feels like I am scratching my face with a broom.

Finally, this just does not seem to distribute or blend powders nicely at all. The application sucks.

Long story short? I will use it because I have it, but I would NOT buy again or suggest to anyone else. Total miss.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2013 8:43:00 PM More reviews by qtsara615

The Mac 150 was the first makeup brush I ever bought. I used to hate this brush- It would shed like crazy every time it touched my face. Now I have learned to wash it and condition it with regular hair conditioner, and this has left my Mac 150 unbelievably soft. No it is not a MUST have brush from Mac, but because I have it I do use it. I can apple powder all over the face, I pinch the tip to apply blush, or contour my cheekbones when I am feeling lazy. It picks up a nice amount of product. If I lost this brush would I re-buy it? No. But because I have it, I do enjoy using it, and I use it so I can feel like I got my money's worth for the product.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2013 11:48:00 PM More reviews by redlucy07

I have had this brush for years. I don't find it at all scratchy like some other reviewers have noted, nor does it shed, but it's just not the most versatile brush. It is definitely good for applying loose and pressed powder all over the face but is much too large for blush or anything that requires more precision, like contouring. There are definitely more versatile brushes out there for the price. However, like all MAC brushes I've had, it's top notch quality, and with a little care is still in excellent condition after all these years,