July 26, 2014 | 1046 users online

Makeup Brushes - Japonesque - Travel Brushes-ALL

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2009 11:04:00 AM More reviews by Beilee86

The brushes are excellent and come with a nice case

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2008 12:08:00 AM More reviews by HappyPretty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have the KIMONO BRUSH SET, it works pretty well. I love the packing of it but not the furs on the brush as much. But i would definitely give it a buy if i need new brushes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2008 10:25:00 AM More reviews by bobsy

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I echo everybody else's positive comments. These are beautiful quality, a reasonable price, don't shed, and I love the fact that they have a short-handle and decent sized bristles.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2007 10:06:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

The other reviewers are correct. The only brush (that's why I bought this) which is not up to Japonesque quality, is the blush brush. While it is not the worst, it doesn't feel quite as soft and silky as the others for some reason. Overall, though I don't notice any shedding, but will have to see what happens with daily use. Does apply blush very nicely, just wish it was better quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2006 2:35:00 AM More reviews by stefleaf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Japonesque brushes are of excellent quality. Don't be fooled by the packaging. Even if these brushes come in simply designed, sealed plastic packets that are usually displayed in hanging racks of department stores, they are worth every penny... and more. I'm actually glad that the packaging is simple, because I can be sure that I'm not paying extra money for a nice box that I'm just going to throw away anyway. And the paper inlay is actually quite classy even if it's wrapped in plastic.

Japonesque brushes don't cost as much as the Shu Uemura brushes, but they work just as well. (Sorry, Shu Uemura fans). I don't think Shu Uemura makes brushes in the travel size like these Japonesque ones, or at least not as many of them.

I like working with smaller brushes because I work close to a mirror, to see the texture of the makeup. If I use long-handled brushes, the handles will just hit the mirror or obstruct my view. The Japonesque travel brushes come with 4" silver handles, which I actually like better than the matte black handles of the pro size brushes. They feel very sturdy, and the silver finish looks rich. It doesn't look like it'll crack or chip easily---I've had mine for half a year and they still look brand-new. The 4-inch handles are long enough to be held comfortably, but short enough for me to work close enough to my mirror.

What I like about Japonesque is that they use exactly the same brush tufts for their travel brushes as they do for their pro size brushes. They don't make the brush head smaller or of a lesser quality. (This is usually the problem with other travel brushes). The bristles are actually of great quality, since they don't fall off or get dry and crispy after a few washings. They hold their shape very nicely. My ultimate favorite is the travel powder brush (#933). It's got a huge head of squirrel blend bristles which feel gorgeously soft on the face. I think it's the most expensive of the travel brushes, since I got mine for about $30 in Nordstrom. But it's well worth it. Japonesque deserves a cult following... I don't know why more people don't know about them! continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2006 7:30:00 AM More reviews by nakeeyark

i bought the travel-sized version of the eyeliner flat brush, and love how it looks -- its quite short, with white bristles and a silver handle. i bought this to use with gel eyeliners, and while the application is good, its not the best. i find that using it with certain eyeliners makes the application imprecise and smeared, while with other eyeliners, it works perfectly fine. considering i paid about 10 times less for a basic art paintbrush at an art store that works beautifully with all the gel eyeliners ive tried, i wont be repurchasing this.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2006 12:54:00 PM More reviews by IMAdaptable

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

some i'd buy again and some not. i love the short handles on some like my powder and eye detailer, but somehow a short handled blush brush and me just don't get along, i need more weight in my hand when using blush. anayway, not the very best top quality line, but very good on anyway. and the prices are right. i'll buy more, but i'll be picky about which ones. i'm so in love with my mini eye liner detailer! might have to get two of these.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2005 8:33:00 AM More reviews by Star5181

Japonesque brushes are incredible - I recently splurged and bought a bunch to replace my Sonia Kashuk brushes. What a difference! The brushes make a huge difference in the way my mineral foundation applies, blush, eye shadow, powder - everything looks smoother, softer, and well-blended on my face. Not to mention they are super-soft and great quality. I purchased the travel-handle brushes because they are a bit cheaper, and I find the shorter handle easier to work with than the full-handle brushes. They are absolutely worth every penny!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2005 10:16:00 PM More reviews by Jakquetta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I decided to get a travel version of their medium detailer so I can tote it around. It's very nice. It's made of sable and it has the right firmness and softness for eye makeup brushes. I was supposed to get the regular eye brush but since I know I won't be blending that much I bought this. I am Asian which makes this small eye detailer perfect. It's good for basic color application and detail for the outer corners.

The handle is very classy and appears sturdy. The SA told me they even have it wielded within the bar handle. It also weighs just right. Hopefully my brush won't shed and will last a long time. As for now, I won't look at another brand for makeup brushes. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2005 10:30:00 PM More reviews by pulidobl

BIG Rave for the Japonesque line of make up brushes. The travel ones are not too big or too small. Quality is excellent. I own two shadow and the blush brush and when Ulta has them on sale again, I am stocking up. Check out their accessories, too. Nordstrom also carries Japonesque.