November 25, 2014 | 1844 users online

Pressed Powders - Za - Groovy Smoovy Oil Blotting Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2011 10:14:00 PM More reviews by angietyw

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Its my first time trying this Za blot powder. And it works well for me. I am a happy user for sure..
Usually after I came back from my breakfast about an hour back, I can see oil shine on my forehead and cheeks. Now I don see the same oil shine anymore, it's bcos I used my blusher brush to brush all over before I head out to work. Now my face feels mattifying and fresh, just like I just freshly put on my makeup at home. Plus, I also applied the Za pore minimizer too.. Maybe this do works a little too...
I also realised after by end of the day, only little oil shine appeared on my face. How good that was! And I noticed my face looks more radient and fairer too...

For the price : Its affordable. (definitely getting it again after I finish using)
Bad points: No mirror attached.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2011 2:27:00 AM More reviews by Aniger86

I use this oil blotting powder as foundation when I first got it. Of late though, I have been using it as what it is and say I'm liking it. After lunch, I normally touch up by blotting my face with a tissue to absorb oil, and use this when I am going out in the evenings after work. I blot my face with a tissue as per the instructions, and then apply the powder on. It looks pretty nice actually, no caking at all, absorbs oil and makeup looks refreshed, even suited for undereye area without highlighting any fine lines. I have re-purchased recently.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2010 2:11:00 PM More reviews by starrystarzzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I break out after using this. But quite oil controlling.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2009 7:04:00 PM More reviews by Adaya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is by far the BEST oil-blotting powder I've used. better than the urban decay de-slick. I also bought it in Asia (Taiwan), and I can't believe how expensive it is on ebay!! 21 dollars?? I remember spending like 10. someone needs to start selling it in the US =(
I think the powder is good because it's made for Asian oily skin and tropical/humid climate. anyway, it's the best I've ever used

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2009 10:26:00 PM More reviews by advantagelucy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I'm so sad this isn't available in the United States. I picked it up while in China and now I'm begging my friends who are making trips over there to buy it for me. It's a white color so it suits my pale skin tone, absorbs oil, and evens out my complexion. I used to wear a mattifying base, blush, and cover up every day but now I just slap this on. It's great! No gaping pores or oil slicks.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2008 3:21:00 AM More reviews by SayoonaraSadness

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this blot powder! It doesn't give that caked on feel like some other powders do and its in a cute and small convenient case with a nice full and soft pad. The only downside is there is no mirror. They've discontinued this brand here so I had to opt for Mac Blot. :[ But this powder was a great product for me, no color so it matched my skin tone and made the texture of my skin silky smooth. It was only about $12 here so I would buy this continuously. :[ I really liked ZA New York.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2007 7:53:00 AM More reviews by sugarhighness

firstly, i wish there was a mirror in the compact.
but overall it's shine absorbing power is good. will probably not repurchase because i think there're cheaper powders which can do a better job.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/4/2007 11:03:00 AM More reviews by lollipopsicledo

Love this for helping to keep shine off my face. However, the effect doesn't last long and my face gets shiny after an hour or so. It gets a tad irritating and inconvenient because the compact doesn't come with a mirror. Price is rather reasonable in my opinion.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2005 4:25:00 AM More reviews by greenmungi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

so far, I bought this twice. I like to use it with a big round brush in the morning. Brushing on looks more natural and feels lighter. my skin has been clearer!! but I agree, I wish there was a mirror and more of the product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2005 3:08:00 AM More reviews by marsqurine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this powder :) This retails for SGD$16.90 for a 5g compact :) I hate it when i come home at the end of an outing looking like i had just slapped oil on my face. It comes in a blue cmopact. It controls shine very nice, and keeps your skin matte for the day :) It has an edge over the other powders because you don't feel like you have just applied goo on your face. I couldn't feel it but it was there. The sponge is cute and the packaging is attractive. But the price is a bit expensive as compared to the other powders in the market. Will not repurchase this when there are cheaper face powders in the market since I go through each one so quickly :)