Dior Plastic Shine in Red Cheer

4.7

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Heavens, this was BRIGHT. An unabashedly over-the-top screamin' red almost verging on the garish—though certainly, applying it made one look instantly party-ready (plus I was young enough at the time to get away with it... or so I hope). A very festive looking, brilliantly high-shine and extremely well-pigmented red gloss, that worked very well both on its own or layered over a complementary lipstick for exra oomph! I do rather miss this now discontinued range. I loved the sleek phallic packaging with its rounded gilt top. And I didn't even mind the slightly plastic-y taste.

on 2/20/2006 9:27:00 PM

This gold glitter-enhanced gloss was bright red with a tinge of orange on me. Very attention-grabbing, but a little too orange once I could notice how it looked against my skin.

cons: strong floral/plastic smell
either pro or con: thick, sticky texture
pro: the shine, the luxurious feel, how little you have to use to have laquer-looking lips

on 10/8/2004 2:06:00 PM

This is the Glamour girl red! Some have said it is too much for daywear, but it's absoloutely stunning day or night. All comments are accurate. It is a true red. There are no blue or orange tones to this one. It works beautifully with my light(w) complexion, golden blonde hair and brown eyes. It is fine on its own with a little liner or over lipstick. At last, my HG RED!!!!!

on 6/12/2004 7:45:00 PM

This is the best true red lipcolor I have ever encountered. The texture is thick, and it will last all night, without question. It looks amazing with a fair, flawless complexion, and simply-kohled eyes for a chic evening look. I wore this out with a bunch of friends once and a guy walked across the bar just to tell me 'Hey, cool lips--you've got your A game on tonight!' He was referring to my lipstick. Any lipcolor that can make a clueless Marina Boy (cultural reference for the San Franciscans out there) stand up and take notice is something special indeed! Red red red and SHINE shine shine.

on 5/6/2004 9:54:00 AM

So sexy and shiny I simply love it. I'm really proud of my full and well defined pout, and I love to wear red lipstick when I want to feel sexier. And this gloss (which as full coloured as a lipstick, but gives more shine) really works!

on 5/3/2004 1:14:00 PM

These glosses are a pain to get because they're discontinued. Like others in the line, this color is completely non-transparent, similar to a liquid lipstick. Minimal stickiness considering the staying power. The micro-glitter doesn't show up, it only gives the plastic shine that fades considerably with each blotting. A baby-powder-meets-cotton-candy scent. These glosses sometimes bleed on me just a bit, so I'd usually use a lipliner beforehand.

#757 is an amazing, bright neutral red (on the warmer side though) - a Xmas red, a Marilyn Monroe red - which should work for all skin tones. But it can look scary. It requires near perfect complexion, or the illusion of it, and is best suited for evening wear. As my lips are rather full, the eyes need to be toned down when I wear it. On me, it looks very seductive against a pale yellow, turquoise, or emerald green top, but also navy blue, teal, frosty pink, monochrome and most browns; wavy or curly hair. It gives my lips a life of their own, which is not necessarily a good thing. I rarely reach for it and, even then, I sometimes blot or spread the gloss with a cotton swab. I've been lemming Amorous Red, yet acquired Red Cheer in the process and probably won't be buying this color again. (A PPP here, neutral undertones, dark blue eyes, light auburn brown hair.) continued >>

THIS IS THE HOLIDAY RED...IT IS PERFECT.
The texture on Plastic Shine is awsome. I love it and buy them all the time.
The price is pretty good too $18-$19 is a great price and I love the packaging. It is so classy.

If you are looking for the pefect red for the holidays - this is it.
Red witha bit of gold. how can you go wrong.

on 10/4/2003 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

This is a pretty true red color, which Is not for every day use on my tan skin. Typical for night life or parties only!

on 8/16/2003 12:07:00 AM

This is my favorite red lipgloss in the world, hands down. Red Cheer is the truest of true reds without a hint of any other undertone to it. Plastic Shine glosses are the best glosses I have ever used, and I'd definitely buy more of this shade.. as well as others.

on 1/11/2003 6:52:00 AM

What a festive red! This is lighter and brighter than Amorous Red, but just as decadent. Red Cheer is a true Christmas red- vibrant and luscious. A wonderful, classic red lip.

Popular Lip Glosses