October 23, 2014 | 1832 users online

Gels/Soaps - Bath and Body Works - Antibacterial Hand Soap

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2014 8:13:00 AM More reviews by renia22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

They seem to be constantly updating these; introducing new scents and updating the packaging. The prices have also gone up ($6.50 regular price for one). I do like to try new scents, especially the "summery" ones. The foaming soap I rarely buy because I go through them too quickly, but I do like the moisturizing. I think that one is getting discontinued, you can only buy about 3 scents online at the moment. The deep cleansing apparently was reformulated and it looks like it is taking the place of both, but I find that it's still a little drying. I preferred the moisturizing. However, if you say that on the website, your review will disappear, even if you give a good rating, so apparently you can only be honest elsewhere. :/

p.s. I just looked at one of my newer updated bottles, and noticed it no longer says "anti-bacterial" and no longer contains triclosan, so this ingredient must be getting phased out

rated 2 of 5 on 8/6/2013 4:36:00 AM More reviews by thirdsword

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Every time I enter a Bath and Body Works I have my fair share of browsing the soaps, longing for them so. They have an amazing variety of scents, and they often have great deals. In fact, there's a bottle of Kitchen Apple and Fresh Mint that my mother had been given as part of a gift, sitting by the kitchen sink, and I love using it every now and then to smell it (terrible, I know) instead of running to the bathroom to use something different. But until BBW banishes triclosan from their hand soaps, I'll never buy one myself. Not only does excessively using antibacterial products facilitate resistance, antibacterial soaps are extremely drying (even BBW's gentle formula, which is the version the soap in the kitchen is in--I haven't tried their moisturizing ones though). I have eczema, and all soaps I've tried leave my hands dry. If I use antibacterial soap regularly enough, however, I'll start getting flakes, blisters, and itchiness! Again, whether your hands are sensitive or not, triclosan-laced soap for daily and regular use is not the way to go! It's such a shame because their soaps smell divine....

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2013 10:28:00 AM More reviews by curlycolor

Oh, how I really, really want to keep purchasing these soaps---but I can't.

I just bought a few for $3 each at the BBW SAS. Overall, the soap is great. You only need a little dab to create a rich lather, so each bottle will probably last a good while. My hands feel squeaky after I wash, which I like......and though my hands tend to be dry, I just slather on some lotion after washing, and no overdrying takes place. Most of all, though, I loooooove having the wonderful green scent of Rainkissed Leaves billowing up into my face as I wash.

But antibacterial? Really, BBW? Come on, get the memo. It's well established that antibacterial hand soaps are not only unnecessary but harmful. Continued use will create resistant bacteria.

BBW really needs to get rid of the triclosan and just make regular soap; if this happens, I'll be a regular hand soap customer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2012 1:02:00 AM More reviews by MyBeehive

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've become an addict to BBW hand soaps, I have like 8 stockpiled in my linen closet. I never really shopped at this store, I don't know why, always just passed it up as cheesy, generic mall products but now I'm in. I buy them 6 or sometimes even 7 for $20 plus other incentives like a free product, or $10 off $30, et al.
I keep the kitcheny ones at the kitchen sink and I've gone through several in my bathroom now as well. I like the options, deep cleansing ( little scrubbing beads ), instant foaming and moisturizing. Fun seasonal offerings & in general these soaps are super.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2012 1:46:00 AM More reviews by sensiblenails

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love their soaps. I usually wait for their anti-bac sales and grab a great big bunch. They last a long time- this is because you never need too much to get lathered up and clean- which makes the sale feel even better. I also like that you can get the plain liquid, the foam, or the extra moisturizing kind. The great bonus is that they smell amazing. I'm always dissatisfied with other hand soaps in the interim between my bath and body soaps running out and the next sale. Definitely a 5 star rating for these lovelies.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/28/2012 5:49:00 PM More reviews by HappyCat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

As much as I have tried to love these soaps because so many smell fantastic, I can't do it. All formulas of the anti-bac dry my hand out like crazy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2012 9:33:00 PM More reviews by misslu990

I don't purchase the foam hand soaps I think I go through them faster so I prefer just the liquid ones. I love the smell of most of the hand soaps even if it's quite expensive for hand soap. I usually only use one pump and thats enough to lather. Makes my hands smell good well after washing them.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2012 8:54:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

It seemed like a good deal to buy 5 and get 7 or 8 (can't remember).
These stuff (as well as the foam version) really dries my skin out. the first thing I usually do upon coming home is to wash my hands first, and then unload my shopping or open the letters etc. As I was doing that, my hands felt dry & itchy, also the artificial smell may seem nice in their open store, but in the washroom, it is nauseating. Honestly, just open up the bottle & it can be used as air-freshener. I gave some away & tossed 3 bottles out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2012 9:41:00 PM More reviews by Therealslayergrrl

This is the only hand soap I will use in my home. Yes they are a bit pricey but I always get them on sale. I stock up and I love that they always have fun scents. I just bought some last week in the new "Exotic rainforest" scent. I wish they would release this as a lotion! I am in looooooove with this scent!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2011 4:42:00 PM More reviews by Nitala

I seem to be addicted to these, haha. I love the HUGE variety of scents and that they're always on sale.