April 17, 2014 | 1017 users online

Shampoo - Matrix - Biolage - Fortifying Shampoo

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2012 12:10:00 AM More reviews by cameil87

To start this off i will admit i loved this shampoo the first time i used it at my sisters house so she brought me a packet of this stuff,but then when i used it at home and washed my hair in the bath i noticed that my hair was falling out ALOT and that is no exaggeration i have to literally pick my hair out of the bath and this shampoo is definitely the cause of it cause my hair was fine until i started using this shampoo and conditioner i have washed it about 5 times or so with this stuff and every time it falls out more so i am now stopping, the only thing i did like was the smell of it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2011 2:22:00 PM More reviews by radiantflux

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I think Biolage is one of the better mass-market shampoos. I'm pretty hooked on Lush haircare products, but if can't get Lush I usually get Biolage. The fortifying shampoo is not their best product, I like the conditioner of the same line. The hydrating stuff is where it is at, but I figured I'd test this to see if I liked it as well. It was okay, just kind of not worth the price.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/8/2011 1:55:00 AM More reviews by jlcam314

I have colour treated fine blond hair & this product (shampoo & conditioner) were awful. Felt very non-lathering & drying to use & after wards, my hair was frizzy & fragile. I ended up throwing these products out.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2009 4:30:00 PM More reviews by JCuevas04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wasn't fond of the whole Biolage Fortetherapie Strengthening line that I tried which was the shampoo, conditioner and mask. Although it felt moisturizing in the shower, once my hair air dried, my hair felt like straw. I tried this twice and it was the same effect each time. I do not know if it was the shampoo, conditioner, mask or a combination of the 3 but I decided to return them all. However, this is not to say that Biolage does not have great products. Their Hydratherapie Ultra-Hydrating shampoo and balm are one of my HG's. I just like to switch up my shampoos and conditioners when they run out.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/21/2008 4:54:00 AM More reviews by fiunit

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I decided to buy this just to give it a go as I thought my Kerastase addiction may have been getting out of hand and wanted to see if there was in fact other shampoos on the market that did as good a job as Kerastase. Well firstly I'll admit to loving the smell of this shampoo, and the packaging is good, plus its not too expensive for 500mls. It did make my hair stronger. Now the downside: it very quickly caused that awful (ahem) "pube" appearance, particularly on new growth. This caused my hair to look much frizzier than it is, and I spent ages trying to blowdry my hair smooth to get rid of them, then I tried my serum, then hairspray on the hands... Basically it frizzed my hair. Yes, it strengthened my hair, but I think it over-proteined it. I don't think that it did much towards making my hair shinier either; on the other hand my hair has the chlorine shine so not much really does. Basically I don't think this is a bad product, its just not for me. Also made my scalp itch and flake. Eww. I don't have dandruff but I do have sensitive-ish skin that is prone to eczema, I talked to my hair stylist about this flaking and she said its probably the perfumes in the shampoo, so maybe this isn't good if you have sensitive skin? I use it every so often because it feels like a waste of money not to use it, and because my hair does occasionally need the strength boost, but when its gone I'll return to Bain de Force.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/6/2008 6:32:00 AM More reviews by picklegirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this because I can get it free from my father, who works as a hair stylist. I've tried this shampoo on and off for years, but it simply doesn't work for me. I have healthy asian hair. My hair feels sticky and coated no matter how hard I try to rinse it out and despite feeling heavy, my hair looks dry and frizzy. I don't see how salon shampoos are supposed to be better for you, because this one seems to have every sulfate under the sun and can't even perform basic cleaning. This also makes my scalp itchy and flaky and causes more hair to fall out than usual when I comb it.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2008 12:39:00 AM More reviews by ladiie1ce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have black thick hair with blonde highlights.

ADVICE: Use this line if your hair fits it's qualification. Just like skincare, the shampoo you should use really depends on what type of hair you have.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2008 1:39:00 PM More reviews by ng76

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have coarse hair. I'm half East Indian half white. When I finish straightening my hair with a hot iron it looks like someone just got a hair cut. Dead ends everywhere. My hair breaks off so easily. This stuff along with the conditioner and vairous other leave in styling products has really helped to reduce the breakage. It is great to use as an all-occasion shampoo.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2008 1:45:00 AM More reviews by xmikimagoo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

At first, I HATED this. It made my hair frizzy, dry and unmanageable. This happened for about two washes until I figured that it wasn't worth using.

A few weeks later, I used it again. This time I was amazed by what it did for my hair! My hair felt clean and soft while it was wet. When it dried, my hair was shiny and manageable. This "love affair" didn't last for a long time. My hair just doesn't respond to this shampoo anymore.

I'll continue to use this shampoo until I'm finished the liter bottle, but I'm sick of it. It was pretty stupid to buy such a huge supply.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2008 9:01:00 PM More reviews by joeykeen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hair type: fine, asian, usually very slippery and slightly wavy

The first time I used it I loved it, gave my hair good volume and it wasn't as slippery and difficult to style as usual.

After 2 weeks or so, I found my hair got tangled much more easily, huge balls of tangles and it felt quite coarse.

I use it occasionally if I want my hair to look extra voluminous, but I definitely don't think this is a good everyday shampoo.