April 17, 2014 | 1638 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - 266 Thin Small Angle (natural hair)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2014 6:19:00 AM More reviews by Victoriajane89

I use this brush to define and draw on my eyebrows with a brown eyeshadow! Great for definition and I always get comments on how full my brows look and that is all down to this brush. The angle helps to sweep over the natural shape of any brow.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2014 6:37:00 PM More reviews by Eastend_Snob

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Like many here, I bought this brush to go with MAC's Fluidline Gel Eyeliner. Being a novice with eyeliner, I simply attempted to just draw a line from left to right. The line was very thick, and although it made for a great cat's eye or winged eye, It was too bold for everyday use. After YouTubing some makeup tutorials, I learned that to accomplish a natural daytime look, this brush is best used by pushing directly onto the lashes. Ah...I felt so stupid. But it's so much easier as I don't have steady hands and the final result is very polished. I'm sure there are other brushes out there that are cheaper and can do the same job,but I love the sleekness and durability of MAC brushes. I'm not one to constantly replace my brushes, so just having "the one" will do for me!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2014 12:08:00 AM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love MAC makeup brushes, and this was the second one I bought about eight years ago. It is an angled brush. I originally bought it with MAC's Fluidline gel liner, and I admit it's not the easiest to apply that. I think it's too big, I would use a 208 instead. It's still a good brush, but because I bought it for that specific reason, I don't use it much anymore.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2013 9:48:00 AM More reviews by alexandra0107

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This brush is AH-MAZING for application of shadow to the brows. I was previously using the 219 eye pencil brush after the girl in selfridges said that the 219 was a must have to apply shadow to the brows. My brows were undefined and looked muddy and gross, they now look perfect!!!!! I would 100% rebuy this if my one ever got ruined. I was contemplating this for a while after seeing Tanya Burr use it for her brows all the time but was giving the 219 a shot first, I had some cash left over in my purse and as I got to the till to buy a lip pencil I ended up just asking the girl for the 266 on a whim. Best decision ever! Packaging is non existent so have marked down for that, would be nice to be given a box at least for brushes.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/16/2013 11:34:00 AM More reviews by rosademarzo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

How this brush works to apply gel eyeliner:
too thick/wide to draw a decent, smooth and precise line on my small lids or to make a cat eye flick.
The 2-dollars Essence eyeliner brush performs way better for this task.

How this brush works to apply and blend eyeshadow to the lower and upper lash lines:
unprecise, scratchy.

How this brush works to fil my brows with eyeshadow/brow powder: too wide, unprecise, no fine line possible at the outer corners of the brows.
Again, the Essence eyeliner brush performs better.

Twice I've asked friends to buy me the 263 at MAC stores, and twice they were given the 266 :-( !
Now I own 2 of the MAC 266 and, honestly, they aren't worth the hefty price tag
This brush retails for US$ 41 at Brazilian MAC shops and on sephora.com.br these days.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2013 8:30:00 AM More reviews by Natashaaxo

This brush was really expensive and to be honest, wasn't completely worth it to me. I use it as an eyeliner brush to create a simple cat-eye look but it never works for me. I have the Sigma angled brush and it is perfect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2013 7:50:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I use this brush every single day to do my brows. It is the only brush I reach for for that purpose.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2013 8:25:00 PM More reviews by nailpolishdebby

The first experience I had with a version of this brush was from a (really well done) 2001 Nordstrom Anniversary set of 5 SE brushes : 129SE, 224SE, 316SE, 213SE and the 266SE. I still have 4 of the five brushes, with the exception of the 266SE which my mom took and never gave back. I didn't think of getting a replacement for years, until the 2nd set of MAC SE Nordstrom AnniversayBrushes came out a year or 2 later.

The 1st set 266SE had thinner bristles and a not too fluffy brush head. So it made fine,thin lines when used with gel or powder. It looked more like the 208/263.The 2nd set 266SE had much much thicker bristles, so a much fuller brush head. Which is why it didn't work so well @ fine lines with gel liner or powder. I didn't get the full size one because I baught a cheap but good one from Beauty Buffett.

Sorry this is a bit long winded but there is a point. I went to CCO and was thrilled when I saw that they had a full size MAC angled liner brush that was thin. Imagine my surprise when I realized it was the full size 266! What threw me off was that it was half the thickness of the 266SE from the 2nd set and looked more like the one from the first set. It makes good lines with powder and gel liner. Not super finee ones but good if you don't have a steady hand or new to lineing with a brush. Or want a thicker line.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that this brush is hit or miss. You either get one that's fine or thick. And they vary from SE short handles as much as with the regular size ones.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2013 12:07:00 PM More reviews by seroled

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I received the 266SE with the red handle in a swap. I like it very much. I use it for my brows. I have used to apply gel, wax and powder. It makes a fine line above and below your brows and is great for filling in. I plan to buy the regular 266 soon. I haven't tried to use it for eyeliner. For me, I personally think the bristles are too thick.
update: I purchased the regular 266. It's too flimsy to use for my brows. I will try it for eyeliner.
I will continue to use the SE for my brows.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2013 1:32:00 PM More reviews by yoshiii

Love this brush! I have used as an eyeliner brush with three of the MAC fliudline gels (Dipdown, Blacktrack, and Blitz and Glitz), and all worked well with this brush. I bought the elf angled eyeliner brush for $3, and while the elf brush is cheaper, I still turn to this MAC brush and will repurchase again. I probably will have to soon, since I have had this brush for four years, and the bristles are starting to feel more rough and are starting to separate. I also admittedly didn't take the greatest care of this brush though.

I noticed that some reviewers think that the line is too thick, but I actually love this brush, bc it makes eyeliner application so much faster and easier specifically because it makes a more pigmented line -- liquid liner takes me forever.

I would highly recommend asking the MAC sales associate to test out this brush with MAC Fluidline gel on your eyes to make sure that you actually like it on yourself prior to purchasing, so you are not surprised later at home about its application.