October 22, 2014 | 1353 users online

Powders - Mattify! Cosmetics - Mattify! Loose Powder for Oily Skin

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2014 10:29:00 PM More reviews by Chizara123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

AH-MAZING!

I received this product but it was the ultra version. This powder does exactly as it claims.. it soaks up the access oil and it leaves me matte for hours! After I apply my foundation and primer I put this on top and I'm matte the entire day. I never have to touch up my makeup when I have this on. This is a really great powder for oily skin! it is transparent and does its job. I recommend this to anyone looking for something to set their makeup or to control shine! I love this company-- their shipping is extremely fast!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2013 1:51:00 PM More reviews by ally176

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have re-purchased this a couple of times, shipping is fast and not outrageous (I am in Canada). The product itself is the best I have tried in decades of trying to find the perfect mattifier that doesn't make my face itch like crazy at the first sign of sweat. I have transferred it into an empty Peter Thomas Roth powder/brush applicator to make it portable for my purse or locker. I work 12 hour shifts and usually blot with clean and clear sheets and then lightly dust with this once or twice in a shift. Definitely a staple for me now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2013 9:57:00 AM More reviews by elusivelotus

I bought the Ultra mattifying powder and it really works! The best I can get is 3-4hrs shine free but it really does soak everything up and is transparent. No clogging of pores whatsoever and no smell either. I find it works best for me if I use my finger to dab on the powder, concentrating on the problem areas, instead of using a brush.

I will definitely stock up on these.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/30/2013 3:34:00 PM More reviews by EllieAnne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Based on the gushing reviews of this product, I thought it was going to amazing but unfortunately it didn't live up to the praise.

I have incredibly oily skin (it starts to shine an hour after I've applied make up and is really oily by midday). I applied this powder before foundation and after foundation as instructed and added extra before I left the house. It didn't make any difference to the oil and shine on my face. So disappointed!

It was great at absorbing oil when I applied it, but my skin got oily again just as quickly as usual.

Pros
- absorbed oil immediately
- not too expensive

Cons
- didn't prevent oil building up
- you end up wasting lots of the product when you buff it into your skin- it blows up in a white cloud and goes all over your clothes. I think I must have inadvertently wasted half the pot!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2013 8:10:00 PM More reviews by jowqi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This powder is great at controlling my oil. My skin didn't used to be very oily but I recently started some new medication which made my skin so oily it was seeping through my foundation within an hour or 2. I found this powder and decided to order the Ultra version and it's one of the best makeup purchases I've ever made. My foundation now lasts at least 3-5 without the oil being noticeable for me to have to blot and reapply. I apply a bit to my bare skin first, apply my foundation and then reapply the powder to keep me matte. Also, it doesn't look cakey at all on me which is a huge plus.

I highly recommend this powder. For me, it did what it said it would, is reasonably priced and now I no longer have to worry if my face looks like an oil slick throughout the day!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2013 1:38:00 PM More reviews by beeeez

I purchased the Mattify! Ultra Translucent Powder for Oily Skin a few months ago. I am almost out of my 30g sized one (still quite a bit to last me a couple more months) and just purchased some more. I absolutely LOVE this product. I have combination skin (oily t-zone and normal-dry cheeks) but sometimes my t-zone is SUPER oily and at times I can get flaky dry skin. I use a flat top brush by Sonia Kashuk (any brand will do) to TAP it onto my t-zone ONLY after any foundation I use. I don't use a normal fluffy powder brush as I think it doesn't help much for me that way. So by tapping onto my face, it really helped to control my oily t-zone ALL DAY. I apply my make-up around 7:00am and by night time 8:00pm, I only get a nice healthy glow to my face which I don't mind. If I had plans after work I normally would go home and wash my face and re-do my make-up anyway =). OH and it has not clogged my pores or broke me out. Not yet at least....it HAS been a few months now.....

I was debating on whether I should get the larger tub, but ended up buying the same size AND a set. The set included the 30g tinted one, the 30g translucent (ULTRA) one, a concealer and a little kabuki brush. So I get two of the translucent one anyway. I can't wait to try the tinted version! Perhaps I could use the tinted and then the translucent over it, but I'm scared that might dry out my skin =S. But anyway, I recommend people with oily skin to try tapping onto their skin rather than lightly dusting the powder on your face!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2013 7:45:00 AM More reviews by lavelle365

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

This was an inexpensive powder but I am sorry to report that it was generally ineffective on my very, very oily t-zone once oil breakthrough was present in the afternoons. Being a loose powder it's also not easily portable. I keep it in my desk at work but normally I will turn to MAC Blot for dealing with afternoon oil breakthrough, as it works better than this product and it is a lot more portable, being pressed. A shame as I did want this product to be a success.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/19/2012 4:48:00 PM More reviews by at77339

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After reading so many reviews about how much this powder would help to control oil I decided to get this. Unfortunately it didn't work for me despite the fact that I tried many different ways, under the foundation, over the foundation, under and over the foundation, over the primer and under the foundation...nothing works. I still see the shiny nose after an hr or so... I really want this powder to work but...guess my quest is continue :(

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2012 1:12:00 AM More reviews by Pandora7

I use the sensitive version of this after I apply my sunscreen but before I touch up with concealer and my pressed powder. Keeps me matte, evens out any redness and most importantly, it doesn't break me out. In fact I think using it as a first step with makeup prevents some breakouts due to the zinc and kaolin. I am a fair olive girl so this doesn't look pasty on me though I imagine darker tones probably won't have issue either. Also have to rave about the customer service. I ordered my 2nd full size of this and due to a postal error I did not receive it. So I emailed this company and got a prompt reply and she's sending me another with a free smaller size as well at no charge. Can't wait for my order to arrive as I've also got their loose concealer/foundation powder on the way. Will review that after I've used it for a month. My initial small size sifter jar of this mattifier lasted me a good 4 to 5 months of daily use and kept me from being too shiny this summer.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/18/2012 1:50:00 AM More reviews by MelonaCoulais

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted this product to work for me as I am tired of looking for something that would keep my face shine free. I live in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia where the temperature is about 32 degree Celsius and it's humid all the time. I have oily skin and mild acne. I ordered this product a few weeks ago and received it about a week ago after reading the (mostly) great reviews about it. I ordered the Mattfy! Ultra powder.
I used it before and after my mineral/powder foundation before work, but by the time I arrived in the office, my face was all shiny. So I blotted my face and re-applied again. After an hour, I checked in the mirror only to find out that my face was shiny all over. As I didn't want to give up easily, I tried this on for about a week, but to no avail. I would still have to blot my face almost every hour and reapply at least twice a day. In addition, after using the product for a week, I woke up one day with 2 huge zits on my cheecks and 4 (yes, four!) smaller ones on my chin. I was devastated as I had so much hope for this product.
The good thing about the product is that it is cheap, even after converting to Ringgit and the company ships internationally.
Other than that, I am sad to say, I have no good things to say about the product.
I guess the search continues for me..... :(