July 28, 2014 | 2084 users online

Skincare - Face - Olay - Sensitive Skin Lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2014 3:26:00 PM More reviews by BlackHoleDiver

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Time for a ranting tirade!
Certain celebrities/older models whose fame have long since died but is trying to come back to life are asking us to buy $100+ lotions from remote areas of Europe, dug up by mad scientists claiming they've discovered the Fountain of Youth. Or the Geiser of Beauty. Or whatever.
Bullcrap.
First of all, if you need to unearth a rare fruit from faraway lands, package it, mix it with fragrant occlusives and smear it on your face, well...you might not be that cute to begin with. IMO.
What they don't want you to know is a healthy diet does more for skin than anything. And if you take care by not lying for hours under the burning sun, you don't need anything other than Olay or whatever lotion is your favorite.
It's like the whole Wen fad. Stop using soap to get clean? Really? When did soap become the enemy?
Anyway, Olay is great. It can be found pretty much everywhere, is hypoallergenic, lightweight, hydrating and works perfectly under makeup. And you don't have to go searching for it across the ocean, under a rock, or harvest it for hundreds of dollars because a famous person told you to.
Screw that. Seriously. This lotion is greaseless and never irrirates. It doesn't kill your wallet and the bottles are small enough to carry around. I find myself with smooth, velvety skin--no wrinkles by the way, none, ever--and I layer it with Cetaphil in winter. I've never used a designer cream and don't really see the need. I'm not persuaded by infomercials touting meaningful miracles--or hair gel that cleans!--because I go with what works for me.
If you prefer basic, gentle hydration, this is for you. Olay is consistent and my favorite warm weather lotion.:)
Remember, go with what YOUR skin loves! If it's not Olay, cool, but honestly this brand is easy to find, reliable and effective. And it's for sensitive skin. What could be better, except maybe nightly Vaseline treatment? Petroleum jelly is my other HG product for overnight or when I'm staying home for the day. Yep, cheap stuff does work.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2013 More reviews by strawberryfeildsforever

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff rocks. I have used nivea soft, aveeno with spf and live clean sooth. Aveeno and nivea broke me out and made my face red. My store was out of live clean so i got olay to try. Have been using for 2 weeks twice a day and it has not broke me out. Its really light but moisturizes well and makes skin soft. I have really easily irritated skin and this has not had any negitive reaction. If you want something that wont irritate acne or redness i would reccomend.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2013 2:50:00 PM More reviews by ElleDuncan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Would I buy this again? Can I count how many times I have already?
It's my go -to nothing fancy won't break me out or break the bank or surprise me
use it anywhere, no issues lotion.

I use pricier stuff for treatments and this to just bolster the moisture (on dryer areas from retinol for instance or just drier days in the winter).

I've used the cheaper knock off and this is better, a few key ingredients are different.

Having used basic lotions for the above purpose from everything from Neutrogena and Loreal and LRP and VIchy to Biotherm and Clarins and Dior and LAncome, you name it, I can say this stuff way over delivers.

There is VERY little of the Olay line I can say much positive about, but the sensitive skin lotion is amazing. I put 4 for packaging because it's easy to get out, store, not hideous, not breakable, just fine.
The price, on sale is sometimes as low as 10 bucks for 177 ml. How can you go wrong? it's a good elbow cream for that price!!

Oh yeah: almost forgot - it's superb under makeup, primer, sunscreen, etc.
It has never ever caused issues in that department. And you can "build it", as it absorbs very well and leaves no superficial residue.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2012 2:11:00 AM More reviews by stace06

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the perfect light weight lotion for my sensitive skin. It was my goto product during summer as it is grease-free and a great moisturiser under any foundation - never makes my foundation ball. There is a SPF version and a non-SPF version. I found that the SPF version broke me out so I use the non-SPF version.

PROS: lovely texture - light but not watery, great value about $15 for a 150ml. Simple bottle - squeeze and use. Great to use under the foundation as it dries well (matte) and allows the foundation to absorb better into the skin. Fab for sensitive skin, the non-SPF version never breaks me out and I have very hormonal / post-Yasmin acne prone skin.

CONS: not hydrating enough for dry skin - so I only use it as a base under foundations or BB creams with moisturising effects e.g. Skin79 Hot Pink BB Cream and not hydrating enough for an overnight cream as I have dry combination skin. There is a cream version of this product but I don't find it hydrating enough and it doesn't absorb as well as the lotion version.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2012 11:45:00 PM More reviews by x3Enjeru

Finally a moisturizor that does leave me with a greasy skin. I'm in love with this product, its perfect for my combination skin and i think it also helps with oil control especially around the nose. I was surprised as to how easily it absorbs into my skin, also leaving it brighter and softer. Although i am a little disappointed with the packaging, the new models comes ia tub rather then a pump or a squeezing bottle. So i also have to put my finger in the product. But over all i love it!!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/13/2012 12:14:00 AM More reviews by Berbecca

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this because I ran out of my old moisturizer. After two days I started to break out and it did not help my dry skin. It is the first Olay moisturizer I have used.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/31/2011 12:35:00 PM More reviews by Danielaxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I purchased this product (Olay Sensitive Skin Moisturizing Lotion) about half a year ago and I stopped using it after a week of my first initial use because I felt it wasn't properly hydrating and possibly breaking me out. Recently I ran out of my moisturizer and so I came back to this one, hoping I would have different experience since it is summertime and my skin has been slightly better (light to moderate, from moderate to severe acne). I have been using this and after 2 days my acne is getting moderate to severe again and I am breaking out in cystic acne and my eyelids!?! yes my eyelids have broken out a little as well which is completely out of the ordinary and now I know I must never use this product again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2011 7:35:00 AM More reviews by kayteek

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

A brilliant all-year moisturiser. It's light, absorbs quickly into my skin, and most importantly, doesn't irritate. It's non-greasy and perfect for summer. Surprisingly, it works just as well in winter - doesn't dry out and my skin stays supple all day. It's cheap and a bottle will last me about 3 months.

I used to use Shiseido products for my face, but I've found Olays' moisturiser works better (not to mention 10x cheaper). I don't think I will ever switch, and will be using this for many years to come.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2010 10:49:00 PM More reviews by utprincess

Love this moisturizer for daytime use! Excellent for sensitive, acne-prone skin. The lotion feels light, moisturizing, and non-greasy. This is by far the best Olay product on the market.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2010 3:14:00 PM More reviews by whitelace6

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Classic Moisturizing Lotion for Sensitive Skin: I have mature skin on the dry side. I was looking for an economical basic day moisturizer, and this is great. It is fragrance, color, and oil-free. Do note that it doesn't offer any sun protection, if you're looking for that. I also like the way the bottle dispenses a little amount of lotion at a time rather than having a lot pour out on you. It leaves my skin soft without feeling greasy. I cannot stand to have my face feel greasy, so I'm happy with this. It penetrates well too. I didn't want to spend a fortune, so I recommend this as a fine no-frills moisturizer. I'll definitely repurchase.