Smashbox Lipgloss - Smashing Pout

3.8

on 2/17/2015 2:26:00 PM

I will agree with everything everyone's else says: love the creamy, smooth, moisturizing texture; but hate the color. It is kind of streaky, too. Oh, and the smell! Awful! No words to put to scent - maybe old glue or stale fennel? At least it has kind of dissipated now. Either that, or I have become used to it. :p I use it home as a balm, though I look ridiculous: clownish, pouty, pale and sickly. I have no other use for it, so silly-looking home use it is. Maybe this color will look better on more fair, cool-toned skin. It does not work for my fair-to-medium, warm-toned skin. The doe-foot applicator is nice.

on 1/19/2014 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Such an awful color!!! I know its bluish pink isn't for everyone. But it just looked awful on me. It very nicely textured though, it's not sticky. It's soft and smooth, kinda of creamy. Yes to the gloss and no to the color!

on 7/4/2011 10:10:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

pout is not a colour for every body it's a very pale baby pink i think this would look great on fair skin tones. i love that this gloss is so pigmented and non sticky how ever i feel it applys very streaky. the staying power is just the same as any other lip gloss. i think its a fun summery colour but i honestly don't feel it's worth the money

on 6/13/2011 1:22:00 PM

Bought this about 2 years ago in the Smashbox Wish for a Perfect Pout kit around the holiday season. I was really excited to try this color since it was in a full size. I have tried to work with it for the past 2 years and I have not successfully found a way for it to work. I am NC25-30 with yellow undertones. Swatched and in the tube it is the most gorgeous milky bubblegum baby pink but on my lips something goes horribly wrong. It turns them bluish purple and makes me look sickly. Sadly this one goes into the trash.

on 3/7/2011 12:05:00 PM

Lovely color...if you can get over the HORRIBLE smell, eeeeewwww!

on 2/27/2011 11:14:00 PM

This was also included in a Smashbox set that I redeemed as a 500 point perk at Sephora. The consistency was very sticky and the color I hated. It made my lips look like I had pink paint on it. Maybe with a different color, I would repurchase, but this color was just definitely not for me.

on 12/9/2010 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I'm positive this is just the same as 'Pout', and seeing as they just changed their packaging (I had a gloss in the old packaging but forgot the name.. and I actually liked that shade)

Depending on the person's skin tone, this color may or may not work with you. I find that warmer toned people may have more of an issue than cooler toned persons.

I am NC25, and I guess it just enhances everything yellow. (My teeth. My skin) and the gloss stands out in a poor way. On my friend, She's NC15-20, it looks amazing on her, yet shes asian too :( Guess it just doesnt work for me.

The formula's still lovely. I have another gloss in another shade that looks better on me.

Not sticky, more like a liquid lipstick!

on 11/21/2010 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I LOVE this lipgloss.

I'm more of a lipstick person and I have pigmented lips so it's hard for me to find light lip colours that actually work for me. On top of that I have a very warm complexion with reddish hair and green eyes so it's hard for me to pull of the cool toned makeup look I want to acheive.

I love the colour of this lipgloss, it's a beautiful light blue toned pink. It feels creamy and moisturising, never sticky. I hope this never gets discontinued.

on 11/10/2010 7:12:00 AM

As described by others, this is a white-based pink..there are no gold or silver undertones, no shimmer. It's quite opaque and pale. For someone as fair as me, this color is very hard to pull off. I might use it as a lipstick topper but alone, even with my HG liner from Estee Lauder..it's not my HG lipgloss. I will stick with my Loreal Gentle Pink Gloss for everyday wear. I can pull this off with just liner. Pout might work very well for someone with a deeper skin tone. And I give Smashbox credit for going out on a color limb with this shade. Bold, opaque shades are hard to find.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is a pale shade that looks amazing with smoky eyes. It's a very light, milky bubblegum pink. Will it wash you out? Perhaps. Honestly it's not a color everyone's going to enjoy but it is pretty. The packaging is good, no leakage. The price is maybe a little high for what you're getting, but if pink glosses are your thing, you can't go wrong here.

Recommended for Medium Skin