August 28, 2014 | 1429 users online

Mascara - Almay - One Coat Mascara (lengthening)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2014 6:47:00 PM More reviews by VeruskaRai

Will totally buy again. Long, pretty sexy lashes! I'm a bigger fan of longer thicker lashes than volumized and separate lashes. The product has clumping and isn't perfect, but it gives me the look I want. Very easy to wash off and no flaking. Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2014 12:45:00 AM More reviews by val622

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

What I like most about this product is that it isn't waterproof and yet it doesn't flake off on me after hours and hours of wear - and I live in a very humid climate. Surprisingly, it's super easy to remove with soap and water. It also barely ever clumps. I usually only have to apply a few coats to get the length I need to really enhance my eyes for a natural, day-time look. I'm a contact lens wearer and this mascara has never given me any bad reactions, and I've been using it for several years now.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/20/2013 9:54:00 PM More reviews by briannaalisette

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really liked that this mascara makes my eyelashes black. It works really good on my bottom lashes and separates them. The only thing I don't like about it is that the formula is too wet, in between coats wait because it gets clumpy if you don't wait.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2013 9:25:00 PM More reviews by Jilly914

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This mascara isn't bad, but it's not great. It certainly isn't "one coat" unless you want an extremely natural look. I put several coats of this on, and it still didn't give my lashes enough definition. It lengthens and volumizes in a understated way - I don't think you can get dramatic lashes out of this tube no matter how hard you try.

On a positive note, it didn't clump or flake. It's not a bad mascara, but it's not the right one for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2013 4:12:00 PM More reviews by crazybeautiful8

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

If you're looking for a very dramatic mascara, don't bother going out to get this mascara. It gives a very very natural look. It adds good volume and good length. By good, I mean OKAY. I only wear this when I want to wear makeup for school. like I said it gives a very natural look, not dramatic. I love the simple packaging and the price is just a tad too much considering it doesn't do that much for your eyelashes. I would give it 4 stars if it gave better volume and lengthening.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/24/2013 11:27:00 AM More reviews by discoredhd

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Not a fan at all whatsoever. Other Almay mascaras are so much better. This might have been conditioning but it sure wasn't lengthening!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/14/2013 11:24:00 AM More reviews by ClaireF24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This got a BEST on Beautipedia, so I decided to try it. It should have gotten a POOR. I am not impressed with this mascara at all, it doesn't flake or smudge, but it doesn't build any impressive length or volume, either. Mascaras like this are the reason I take everything on Beautipedia with a grain of salt. I won't be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/13/2012 3:16:00 PM More reviews by sanduhra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is very average. The only benefit is that it looks extremely natural, almost like you're not wearing anything. But that's also the problem... It almost looks like you're not wearing anything. I see minimal - if any - lengthening and no volumizing at all. Due to the thin formula, it doesn't flake or clump, but it still irritates your eyes if you're sensitive to mascaras, as I am. I would say this is a good mascara for those with long but light eyelashes. I would rather go without mascara than buy this again, since its effects are so diminutive.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2012 10:25:00 PM More reviews by Matillyrose

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I very much like this mascara.

I like my eyelashes to be separated with no clumps, natural looking with length and this mascara gives me all that.

I have sensitive eyes which get super itchy and red and I have to be really careful what eye products I use.

I am happy to say that this mascara gives me no bad reactions at all.

Mascara lasts all day, lengthens my lashes beautifully and does not flake.

Great mascara and I would recommend it to everyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2012 4:38:00 PM More reviews by kelliballa

I'm 16, and I have medium length eyelashes. I purchased this mascara at Target for around $4-$5. I wanted to get a mascara that I could wear when I wanted a natural look. This mascara DEFINITILY gives a healthy, natural look. This mascara gives you more length than volume. The only problem I have with this mascara is I have to apply several coats. I probably won't repurchase this item, not because it's bad, but I think for the money I will buy something different!