November 23, 2014 | 1991 users online

Mascara - Almay - One Coat Mascara (lengthening)

rated 2 of 5 on 11/19/2014 2:02:00 AM More reviews by SmokeySings

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

A VERY NATURAL MASCARA WITH AN OBSCENELY HUGE BRUSH!!!!
That is my general synopsis of this mascara.
Now for the nitty-gritty:
I have been on the hunt for a thickening BROWN mascara, not too concerned with lengthening. I know this is the LENGTHENING one, and I purposely bought it over the thickening one based on what the picture of the brush looked like. The brush on the thickening one looked like it would clump and looked huge..(little did I know the brush on this bad boy ended up being crazy-awkward-huge....Which is why I like the mascaras now that you can see the actual brush..).

Anyhoo....This mascara does not last. Within an hour or so it will all but virtually disappear. This is okay if you are just going out to lunch with girlfriends or doing some light shopping. But if you are looking for a mascara to last all day, or even from breakfast to lunch, then this probably is not for you.

Also the brush..Holy-Moly, this brush is HUGE!! and it is a LONG brush..I have never seen such a long brush..as in, the bristle part are made for eyes that are apparently 3 inches wide. Very awkward, and it is very easy to have mascara end up on your eyelids or somewhere on your skin because of the huge and long brush. Did anybody test this thing......?

Now, that all said, it was okay for what I wanted, which is a natural-looking mascara. I can work with the ginormous brush and for all the little I will wear this mascara, I will work with it. I did purchase this with the basic intent of wearing it just out to lunch with the girls, short little excursions, etc. So it fits the bill for that. Not sure it will last longer than an hour though. I was going to give it three stars but given it does not do what it says, and it disappears so dang fast, no. I almost gave it only one star, but it DID do what I had been looking for. But in thinking of how the mascara performs, no. Had this been named 'natural' and 'easy to remove' and not given the impression that it is long-wearing, maybe. But then that hideously huge brush. OY....

The mascara did not flake or smudge (guess it just wore off before it had the chance to do any of those things...?) and it was pretty clump-free.

All in all, this is okay for quick little trips to the store or other similar instances. But if you are looking for something to last more than an hour, look elsewhere. Removed just fine, but, again, there was very little to remove when it came time to remove it, lol. I guess it disappears because it is dry..? Although it did not feel dry..*shrug*

Would not recommend.
This might be good for a young girl getting into makeup, or someone wanting a light/natural mascara, but that brush....you can poke an eye out if you are not careful...! So, no, I would not recommend and will not re-purchase...

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2014 6:51:00 PM More reviews by lotusxflowerxbomb

I was very satisfied with this product, it made my lashes very long, they touch my eyebrows with this stuff one. It says one coat but I do like 3 or 4 to get the look I want. If you like the natural "no makeup look" then one or two is enough for you. I like dramatic lashes so I wear this with my Great Lash BIG by Maybelline and I love the way my lashes look. I wear this mascara by itself as well, and I love it so much. I will definitely keep buying this. One of the best drugstore mascaras I have found!! It doesn't smudge or flake.. no clumping either so far. 5 out of 5... can't beat that!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2014 10:50:00 PM More reviews by CosmoFan12

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great mascara as it's comfortable,easy to apply,the applicator is not messy and it does what it means -Lengthen.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2014 12:23:00 PM More reviews by ashleym04

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I decided to try this based on Paula Begouinís BEST products rating. I do love the old school brush and no clump application. Although, I had to apply 3 coats of this one to get my normal look while my CG Super Thick Lash delivers better results with only 2 coats. Hopefully it wonít transfer or flake by the end of the day which is what normally happens with all others I have tried. Still looking for that perfect mascara for $10 or less!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2014 6:47:00 PM More reviews by VeruskaRai

Will totally buy again. Long, pretty sexy lashes! I'm a bigger fan of longer thicker lashes than volumized and separate lashes. The product has clumping and isn't perfect, but it gives me the look I want. Very easy to wash off and no flaking. Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2014 12:45:00 AM More reviews by val622

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

What I like most about this product is that it isn't waterproof and yet it doesn't flake off on me after hours and hours of wear - and I live in a very humid climate. Surprisingly, it's super easy to remove with soap and water. It also barely ever clumps. I usually only have to apply a few coats to get the length I need to really enhance my eyes for a natural, day-time look. I'm a contact lens wearer and this mascara has never given me any bad reactions, and I've been using it for several years now.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/20/2013 9:54:00 PM More reviews by briannaalisette

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really liked that this mascara makes my eyelashes black. It works really good on my bottom lashes and separates them. The only thing I don't like about it is that the formula is too wet, in between coats wait because it gets clumpy if you don't wait.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2013 9:25:00 PM More reviews by Jilly914

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This mascara isn't bad, but it's not great. It certainly isn't "one coat" unless you want an extremely natural look. I put several coats of this on, and it still didn't give my lashes enough definition. It lengthens and volumizes in a understated way - I don't think you can get dramatic lashes out of this tube no matter how hard you try.

On a positive note, it didn't clump or flake. It's not a bad mascara, but it's not the right one for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2013 4:12:00 PM More reviews by crazybeautiful8

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

If you're looking for a very dramatic mascara, don't bother going out to get this mascara. It gives a very very natural look. It adds good volume and good length. By good, I mean OKAY. I only wear this when I want to wear makeup for school. like I said it gives a very natural look, not dramatic. I love the simple packaging and the price is just a tad too much considering it doesn't do that much for your eyelashes. I would give it 4 stars if it gave better volume and lengthening.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/24/2013 11:27:00 AM More reviews by discoredhd

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Not a fan at all whatsoever. Other Almay mascaras are so much better. This might have been conditioning but it sure wasn't lengthening!