Yves Saint Laurent M7

4.3

on 10/11/2010 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

What a wonderful fragrance! Love at first sniff. Woody, musky, earthy, dark and medicinal everything that I wanted it to be. Total fulfillment for me. Great!

on 8/8/2009 2:34:00 PM

I was looking for a men's fragrance for myself (I'm a woman) and while this is not it (it's too masculine for me) I'm really happy I happened upon this masterpiece. It's definitely unique. It made me feel like I'm relaxing in a dark smokey jazz cafe on comfy lether seats.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this for my 17 year old son, but I find myself using the shower gel once in a while myself! M7 had loads of vetiver, which I usually can't stand, but somehow it works in this formula. Very masculine, sharp opening dries down to a smokey, tobacco, slightly sweet scent. Very nice.

on 1/10/2007 9:06:00 PM

Great smelling fragrance. Very different, very unique, and very rare. Expect to be the star of the show with this one as I doubt anyone else will have it!

on 9/24/2006 3:09:00 PM

It is Christmas Eve and you are getting things ready for Christmas day. It is 10 degrees outside and the clouds are very dark, massive and billowy. Snow is coming down in torrents and 2 feet have already acuumulated. You go downstairs to admire the christmas tree and keep warm by the fire. You have a newly cut blue spruce tree and it smells wonderful. The logs in the fireplace are freshly cut too and they were just brought in from the forrest. The logs are releasing a beautiful, sweet aroma as they burn and the smoke that is formed adds to the sweetness. Also, the blue spruce christmas tree compliments the burning logs and smoke very nicely. You are curled up in your favorite, butter soft leather chair and you are given a steaming hot, spiced apple-cider drink with its own cinammon stick too. This is M7.

Seriously, though, this is a beautiful scent. It takes alot to impress me as far as mens scents go since many of them are so crappy, but this is the real deal. No "cologney", alcoholish smelling garbage here. I wear alot of "womens" frags because they are so much better made than most mens scents on the market. M7, though, has many of the same qualities and characteristics that make womens scents so nice. Definitely one of the best scents for men available.

on 6/2/2006 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

One of the best orientals ever made. It has a high concentration of Agarwood which is quite rare to find these days, and it posseses this relaxing quality to it, really creates a soothing atmosphere in the surrounding. This is probably my favorite YSL so far.

on 4/17/2006 1:48:00 AM

I'm sure i've reviewed this before?? But anywho.. medicinal YES smokey YES leathery YES weird YES
It just reminds me of bushfires in australia.. where you get that smokey breeze blowing around on a hot day.. sweet oils, charcoal, warmth and air.
This fragrance is very much alive in itself.. i steal squirts of this from my fathers bottle. If you want something a little different.. for yourself and ya man/dad/brother/son... try it. It's gonna take a little getting used to, but it won't be too difficult.

on 1/22/2006 5:02:00 PM

Having read some of the other reviews I find it hard to believe I'm reviewing the same fragrance. I would not want to smell this on a man - it is way too sweet and strong. On me however it's a different story. I get a very strong cherry tobacco from this with a slightly medicinal over note. Iris? Nope. Vetiver? Nope? Musk? Nope. It reminds me of POTL with less amber. I like it.

on 12/26/2005 8:49:00 PM

nice enough and distinctive, but there is camphor or menthol or somehow medicinal note in there...what is it?

update; the medicinal note is agar wood

on 5/29/2005 8:53:00 AM

Very sexy fragrance. Modern, sweet...I like it but sometimes I think that it is maybe too sweet for a man. I almost bought it for my DH but at the last moment I changed my mind and repurchase Rochas Man for him, which I definitely prefer: it is sweet, too, but somehow softer and not so loud.

Popular Fragrances (for Men)

Black Code