September 16, 2014 | 1673 users online

Pressed Powders - Shiseido - The Makeup Luminizing Color Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2013 8:02:00 AM More reviews by octazooka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This powder is fantastic ! The packaging is very practical, i take it everywhere with me because i know i can touch up whenever i want. I use it as a powder AND as a blush : i have the L2 and i use the pink color only on my cheeks, it looks natural and beautiful.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2010 6:56:00 PM More reviews by Dinghy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I have this in L2 (white, apricot, brown) and use it either alone or on top of my Givenchy primer.
I don't have much experience with powders, so I can't really compare it with anything, but here's what I can say: it's pretty light and natural and mattifies well enough. It's not sparkly, but doesn't make the skin look too dull. I've had it for about a year, I think, and am only now starting to see the bottom of it; the compact is pretty clever, with a mirror and a brush which I really, really like- I actually use it for other things as well.
I'll probably rebuy.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2010 3:00:00 PM More reviews by elena85

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been on the hunt for a pressed powder that will set my makeup, does not exacerbate the dryness that has taken over my face, and looks natural. I was in high hopes that this powder would do the trick based on the reviews here but I guess its true that what works for one does not work for all. I do have to say that this powder does not make my dry skin look worse but as a pressed powder I need it to take away shine and it made my pores look huge when they are small at best. I'm bummed because now I've wasted $35 and I have to look for a new powder. Oh wells, maybe my mom will want this compact.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2009 6:43:00 AM More reviews by olenenok

This powder suits me perfectly. I have got L1 and L2. L1 is more shimmering then L2. I would say L2 is almost matt. Powder forms lightweight transparent cover. It makes my face to be radiant. My skin doesn't become cluttered with this powder. And Brush... It is a brilliant device. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2009 9:57:00 PM More reviews by Laaadidaaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ingredients below for anyone interested. Great luminizing powder, imparts a soft healthy glow. For reference i wear L3 Golden Beige and i vary between Nc 30-35.

Talc, Mica, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Trioctanoin, Diisostearyl Malate, Zinc Myristate, Ethylparaben, Phytosteryl/Octyldodecyl Lauroyl Glutamate, fragrance, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Aluminium Hydroxide, Aluminium Distearate, CI 77482, CI 77491, CI 77891, CI 77499, CI 77947

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2009 9:10:00 PM More reviews by midorisour

This powder is amazing! It doesn't look like you have powder on, just naturally beautiful skin. You do not see the shimmer nor overly glowy skin. I don't know how this powder does it, but it just blurs all the imperfections, hides the pores, and even out your skin tone. Even though it's summer time and my skin can get really oily, it still controls oil without looking cakey and dry. Unfortunately, it breaks my heart that I can't use this powder because it causes my skin to break out. I would use this for life if it didn't break me out. It has the nicest finish in a powder I've ever tried.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2009 3:59:00 AM More reviews by piyopiyo127

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this is definitely a very natural looking, very lightweight powder. it does not look cakey at all and it goes on very very smoothly. i thought it'd be weird b/c of the three colors but it works great when i want to use my small puff to just get the darker one for my cheeks and the whiter for under eyes. i swirl around all three for my whole face.
the coverage is light-medium. i would've given this five lippies if it wasn't for the fact that this has such a small color selection and it's a bit light for me. other than that, it's the perfect powder compact! feels so great on my skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2009 11:34:00 PM More reviews by baronesszara

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm very fond of this powder, using L1 in the winter & L3 in the summer.
Refills are a decent price & can easy be swapped into the one compact.

It's a great setting powder & a good touch-up/anti-shine for the latter hours of the day.
I don't like heavy powders, it would be very hard to cake this stuff on.
The down-side is that it is not easy to spot use one third of it without just using a finger.

The sable brush it comes with it beautiful. I tend to swirl over the whole cake.
(I have smashed one or two of the compacts over the years, but still have all the brushes, which I use for blush).

I had left this powder alone for a few years, but always come back to it.
Try it you'll like it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2009 9:02:00 PM More reviews by JessyxLin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this powder so much! After my foundation application, I use this to set my makeup. It gives me a healthy glow that stays. I also love the scent of it. I use mostly the 2 lightest shades in the compact, but I've realized that the 3 colors are all very sheer and barely have a difference between them! Definitely will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2009 10:56:00 PM More reviews by irinabj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolutely LOVE IT. Today I took Guerlains luminizing powder back to the store because of this guy. I'm very very fair skin girl and usually any powders make me look too dark or made up even the lightest shades, so when I went to the store I was looking to try L1 shade but it looked too white on my skin( for the first time something lighter then me..!!) and SA convinced me to try L2 shade. Well, this is great powder, sooo silk and feels light on the skin. The darkest shades I use as blush and it's just perfect. I never a fan of all in one compacts( I like my blush and powder separetly, because I"m cluts and always mix things up), however, this just perfect for me. Brush that comes with compact is amazing. I'm taking MAC 116 back to the store tomorrow( I gave it a great review but after trying this.... just can't compare). I know everyone is different an looking for different stuff, but I just found mine. I might going back to get a back up.