December 19, 2014 | 1516 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Paula's Choice - Oil-Blotting Papers

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2014 9:25:00 AM More reviews by Eire1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I GOT THIS IN THE REFILL SIZE.
(First I'll talk about the product,and then I'll share my experience.)
These oil blotting papers cost$7.00 for 100 plys per paper,and $3.00 for a refill of 50 plys of paper. This claims to not interfere with makeup,and absorb excess oil. To an extent that is true for those with minimal- moderate oilyness this will help,but if you have severe oily skin you will need something else. Both sides can absorb oil pretty good and these are pretty large.
I was happy with the size of these,and that they were so cheap. I condider myself to have really oily skin ,and I had previously tried 'exuviance'; the good news is that they are better than 'exuviance' for me, but based on a lot of other reviews many people with my same skin type didn't have such luck as I did.
I had read that the packaging is horrendous,and based on my experience with the refilled packaging it is a poor experience. There is tape at the top where you open the package,and it's difficult to take a ply of paper out without it sticking together.
Two things this product boasts is 1. It wont interfere with makeup,and 2. It does not add powder. Unfortanutely,only ' point' 2 is true and valid. In ' point 1' makeup can be problematic to layer on its own ( as I know oh too well,) secondly this can stick to any liquid or cream form of makeup especially freshly applied makeup,so ignore that claim.
This product does not have many other details, so it is harder to give it a better rating. It would help to know if the papers are non- bleached,or if they contain food ingredients (like corn) which could infect acne and excaborate a breakout.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2013 4:50:00 AM More reviews by 33Lisa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Didn't realise these came free with the CLEAR system when I bought from the USA. Have been keeping a little packet in my bag and using them part-way through the day on the oily areas of my skin when I remember. Works really well and is quite satisfying to watch them go dark in the places they've lifted off the grease. I wouldn't buy anything like this normally though, would probably be just as effective to cut tissue paper into little squares to take around with you.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2012 9:47:00 PM More reviews by smootsa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

i love these blotting papers:
- they're not flimsy or small and one sheet does my whole t zone (i'm not super oily)
- they soak up a load of oil which you can easily see on the tissue
- they don't leave any powder or product
- they don't have any mineral oil or fragrance
- they don't remove makeup
- the clear plastic pouch is very handy and durable (and ditch the mylar envelopes if opening them each time is a problem!)
- they're not too spendy and you can get refills
- they're not blue ;-)

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2012 9:53:00 AM More reviews by Burma76

These are terrible! I like a lot of Paula's products and assumed I'd like these too. Wrong! This is the only product of hers that I hate.
It's hard to explain how non absorbent these are. I have to use 4 or 5 for my face which is not super oily. I've found the best way is to double them over but this makes the extra large size a joke. The packaging is awful too not convenient at all. I have had better results blotting with 1 ply of a tissue. Save your money and don't buy this!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2012 5:23:00 AM More reviews by tangomaya

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like these because they are larger than a lot of itty-bitty blotter sheets by other brands, so I only need one or two to do my whole face. They absorb oil well and don't have any powder in them, so they leave your face oil-free but still natural looking, not all dull and powdery. I don't consider them pricey, as my package seems to last forever, and I blot nearly once every day. Not sure why others are complaining about the packaging... they do come "double wrapped", but you just remove them from the thin plastic innermost wrapping and then place them back in the (outer) mylar pouch, and then slide them out one by one as needed, I don't see a problem. Call me nuts, but I also like how the nice clear pouch looks and functions in my makeup bag, much nicer than those paper blotter containers that quicky tear apart. What I like best about these is that they are made without inks or dyes, so they are a nice natural discreet color, not a "looky here, I use blotter papers" bright blue, like some drugstore brands. Try them, you'll like!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2011 2:31:00 PM More reviews by librarian_girl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm sorry to say that I like nothing about Paula's Choice Oil Blotting Papers. I use, love and would not be without many Paula's Choice products, but the Oil Blotting Papers are not among that group.

The texture of these papers is so tissue-paper thin that absorbancy is problematic. My t-zone is oily and the real test of any blot paper for me is 1-2 hours after applying sunscreen. Paula's Choice did not pass the test: I need a minimum of 6-8 papers to blot my forehead, nose, cheeks and chin, which doesn't always result in a job well done. I've started layering them up and using 2-3 at a time, which works out well because ...

The packaging stinks. Removing one paper at a time is practically a magic trick. The papers themselves are in a clear mylar bag, which tucks inside a clear plastic case. First you open the clear plastic case, then remove the mylar bag from the case, open the mylar bag and, finally, pull out a blotting paper. As far as I'm concerned, this is three steps too many.

I wish I'd read the MakeupAlley reviews before I bought Paula's Choice Oil Blotting Papers. I could have saved myself time and money as these turned out to be a waste of both! I'll stick with Palladio from here on out.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2011 12:17:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is such a lackluster product. First of all, the packaging is not good. These come in a plain, clear, non-branded, cellophane self-sealing pouch. I can see why she didn't want to put any branding on it because it's not a good product. It's difficult to get just one of the papers out. And every time you pull out a sheet, it gets stuck to the adhesive strip on the top of the bag. Didn't anyone catch this problem? The sheets themselves don't absorb very much oil at all - I have to use two sheets and I only do the T-zone. The paper is exactly the same as the toilet seat covers in a public restroom, except even thinner. They don't leave any residue, which is good. My HG blotting papers are the Clean and Clear ones. They are the same price as these and much more effective without leaving any residue. I will not be repurchasing this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2011 9:48:00 PM More reviews by LizWords

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

These are nothing special. Yes, they work, but you can get the the same amount of perfectly good blotting papers from ELF for a fraction of the price at any local target. Why pay more for something so basic?

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2009 5:16:00 PM More reviews by Kuuipogal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not quite as good as the asian brands nor as good as NARS or Shiseido. Very inexpensive though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2009 7:16:00 PM More reviews by goofyhusky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Size is generous, does its job. I like Clean & Clear's plastic sheets better, but this one is cheaper.