July 28, 2014 | 2081 users online

Skincare - Face - Serious Skin Care - Olive Oil Kit

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2009 11:16:00 AM More reviews by KRaya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Been using this about a week. So far, so good. No breakouts and I have seen a slight difference in the crepiness and lines on my decolletage. No miracles, but good moisturization and any improvement in the skin on my neck and chest is great. I'm only 39, but I am somewhat obsessed about the aging on my neck/chest area. I wish I had know when I was younger that I needed to pay attention to that area as well as my hands! My face is younger looking than my age, but neck/hands are beginning to show age.....sniff sniff.

We are our own worst critics, but either way, I like this kit and will repurchase. Only beef I have is the eye balm pump doesn't work. I have to remove the cap to get to the product.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2009 10:28:00 AM More reviews by Ruth120

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Overall, a decent kit, good sizes, packaging. Most products are effective. Not miracles, but no harmful effects.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2008 9:45:00 AM More reviews by CarolStarr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my second time trying it. I'm still not fond of the scent (smells like Italian salad dressing), but the moisturization you get from these products are worth it. The cleanser is an emulsifier and does a pretty decent job taking off make-up, then I follow with the face balm (as a serum), the eye balm, the moisturizer cream, and then as suggested I "blanket in" the Omega 3 serum on top of it all. This is my night time weekend skin care regime and it has been working very well. It allows me to do more peels and/or retinol products. If you need a good line that delivers great moisturization results, you can't go wrong with SSC's Olive Oil line. You can purchase a kit on HSN.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2008 1:19:00 AM More reviews by caligal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have combo skin...but ordered this because of the great reviews on hsn. I'm 40 and my skin isn't drying yet. My boyfriend has dry skin and LOVES this! Especially the O3 and moisturizer. I use the products on my neck/chest and saw dramatic reductions in the wrinkles on my chest area. The eye balm is so-so. I use it on my hands and neck/chest and like it. We will definitely repurchase!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2007 9:39:00 PM More reviews by mshoneybuns

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the OO cleanser, it takes off all of the makeup and leaves my skin silky smooth. I didn't care for the body oil as much but it still does the trick

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2007 6:50:00 PM More reviews by SeriesseGal

I was very "on the fence" about trying this because of my acne prone skin but I was amazed at the results. Really helped clear my blackheads and leaves my skin super soft.......nice even skin tone too......I switch between glycolic and olive oil line!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2007 1:50:00 AM More reviews by krrilo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I recently purchased this kit. Will never order again in the summer.
Everything was double sealed but because of the oil the cleanser & a few products were leaking bad. Anyway I wanted to try the DHC cleanser but because it was so expensive decided to try this one.
I really do like the cleanser and the moisturizer is ok at night. The other items are too heavy for summer so like others will save them for winter. Jennifer lives in So Cal so I'm surprised she doesn't mention this.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2007 3:34:00 PM More reviews by briena

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love the Olive Oil line, but it's a bit too heavy for the summer. I do purchase the kit when it's on sale and save it for the winter/fall months. There are many valuable products in this kit and will keep your skin hydrated thoughout the winter months. My favorie is the facial moisturizer in the tube, it's thick consistancy goes on smoothes and absorbs well into the skin..doesn't do this during the summer though..it's too heavy. I also like the Olive Oil stick, I keep it in my makeup bag for that dry spot anywhere, face, heels, arms, legs, etc. It's a handy product to have in your arsenol.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2007 5:30:00 PM More reviews by Pjackso2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

There are pro's and con's to the Olive Oil Kits. First of all SSC needs to include a daytime moisturizer, and in most kits, they don't. The Omegea 3 serum is great, but using it with the Olive oil for the eye area and the Olive oil at night is way too much "oil" fo my skin. I love the face scrub, and I love the body butter. The body scrub is excellent. A little goes a long way.
Price isn't bad for what you get. Packaging is decent. The tote bag I received with my kit was awful, cheap plastic, and so over-sized I could have put a small child in it.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2006 11:38:00 PM More reviews by gb281

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I find these products to be very emollient, but I have a problem with the scent. I would like to layer the products, but am afraid that I would smell like them, kind of musty. If not for the scent, I think that I would really like this line.