August 1, 2014 | 2051 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Mascara Blackest Black

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 7/17/2014 1:00:00 AM More reviews by TheGingerSnap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product has great reputation and a huge following, and after hearing so many rants and raves about it I decided to give it a try. But it did not perform as I expected.
The wand clumped my lashes together, rather than providing a clean separated look. The pigmentation provided a nice jet black color as expected.
For the price, I prefer Cover Girl Last Blast (my go to mascara). It provides better volume, separation, and the wand is, in my opinion, of better quality.
This mascara provides a more natural sense of volume, so if you are expecting big lashes I suggest you look else where. While it may be the go to mascara for some, I think I'll stick to my ol' favorite.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/16/2014 9:10:00 PM More reviews by kristyb114

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have no clue why so many magazines recommend this garbage or why it has so many faithfuls. I am not anti drugstore makeup I must say first. There are plenty of fantastic choices there. I'm just saying this is not it.

This mascara never really dries completely. It will end up half way down your face by then end of the day. And FORGET it if it's humid out. You're definitely SOL then. I once opened the oven and my lashes immediately stuck together.

To top it off this stuff smells nasty. It may not be expensive but seriously don't waste your money.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/20/2014 10:26:00 AM More reviews by Stark77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I got a HUGE allergic reaction to this. It's made me unable to wear eye makeup or contact lenses, and my eyelids have been itching, burning, and puffy for days now. This has NEVER happened to me before, so I'm still somewhat shocked. (FYI, it was the "Blackest of Black Noir" kind, or whatever.)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2014 2:16:00 AM More reviews by DEbeachgirl74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've tried other mascaras but I always come back to this one bc all of the others, including other Maybelline mascaras, clump and look like crap. I like separated defined lashes and Great Lash does that. I use several coats and have no clumping problems except for when it's time to replace the tube. I get the Big Brush kind bc that wand seems to work the best. It's affordable which is definitely a plus.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2014 5:56:00 PM More reviews by Coantoinette

It is an inexpensive mascara that works well when a few coats are applied, and it truly is the blackest black I have found when it comes to mascara. I buy the waterproof version, which usually works well to it's word, but I do notice that sometimes by the end of the day, I have black beneath my eyes that I constantly have to wipe away.

For the past six years, this is the only mascara I would buy. I always make sure I have another when the tube I am currently using runs out because it works well for me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2014 10:22:00 PM More reviews by graceybaby8

I can't believe this is a cult fave... It was a big fail for me.

The brush is way to spaced out to separate my lashes. After applying the mascara on, it made it look like I had 5 spikes of eyelashes. It didn't lengthen or volumize. It just clumped my eyelashes into these spikes.

I tried applying it in so many different ways ... But it still failed Miserably. In Canada the regular price for this is $7.99 which is a rip off for such a bad mascara. I prefer the heart shaped brush from the same line (it's the one with the plastic bristles) better than this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2014 7:17:00 PM More reviews by Jessica24601

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara. I've been using it since about 2008 after my friend introduced it to me after I had a bad experience w/ a Shu Emora mascara (which cost me about $40)...I couldn't get over how something sooo cheap could be so amazing! Coat after coat of NO clumping. I bought the "Blackest Black" for first time just this past September & it truly is the blackest formula. No crunchy dry brittle lashes that flake all over the place & no feeling of weighed down eye lids. Lastly, a very important factor in my loving or even liking a mascara, easy removal. The last time I bought this was in Sept 2013 & it was on sale for $2.99 so I stocked up on the last 3 in the store & even gave one to a friend who fell in love with it as well. I only remove a lippie b/c it truly does need to be replaced every month or few wks, so it's good the cost's low.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/31/2013 1:42:00 PM More reviews by lushblush

Great mascara! Holds my curl, lengthens and blackens my lashes! Just kidding... This is a really bad mascara. I don't like the brush and the formula is just... shit. How can anybody think this does wonders? For me it well and truthfully lacks.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2013 4:48:00 PM More reviews by mayaonfiya

I've worn this mascara every day for years and I love love love it. No clumping, nice deep black, good wand, and so cheap that I can toss it at the first sign of drying and not think twice about it. I kind of hate the pink and green packaging, but other than that what's not to love? Occasionally I stray and try a different brand, but this is always the one I go back to.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2013 3:56:00 PM More reviews by joanaBananaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This shit satisfied me because it doesn't clump or flake or dry quick and its light weight