October 24, 2014 | 1462 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Mascara Blackest Black

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 10/10/2014 7:43:00 AM More reviews by Pinksk8wax

I'm a complete sucker for cute packaging, and there's something nostalgic about this mascara that always catches my eye. I have tried literally every version (big lash, lots-o-lashes, intense, doll eye....) and without fail, they all fail. Every time. If I put one coat on they seem to work better. I'm sure in the 70s when this first came out it was a great product, but now there are so many other better options out there ! As much as this mascara sucks , I still gave it 2 stars for the packaging alone . And I'll probably continue to give it "one more try" for that very reason lol.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/6/2014 10:35:00 AM More reviews by shelby22b

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Worst. Mascara. Ever.

I bought this on a whim because I needed a new mascara, so I picked this up. My mom said it worked well for her, and since I was blessed with her ultra-fine and short lashes, I listened to her and bought this stuff.

The wand is this weird, coiled-looking thing. When I first saw that, I didn't know what I had gotten myself into. I ignored my objecting thoughts against this mascara and began applying it to my curled lashes. IT IS THE WORST BRUSH EVER, CAN I JUST SAY THAT. It literally brought my lashes TOGETHER, clumping them as if they were supposed to be brought together by fate or something. I swear I seen them hugging each other. By the end of the application, I looked like Spongebob where he only has 3 eyelashes on each eye. Not cool, Maybelline.
Oh, and on top of that, it gave me raccoon eyes and smudged everywhere under my eyes and somehow on my browbone. Yeah...

This mascara is literally the definition for crushed hopes and dreams. I had high expectations for this product and they were demounted within seconds of application.
Thank you, Maybelline. I will not be purchasing again.

But on the bright side, the packaging makes it look like a mascara that works. That's how they sucked me in.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2014 4:37:00 PM More reviews by cocoadolly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is for the one with the black top. I love this mascara! I have naturally long lashes and this makes them black, full, and separated. It's not for crying occasions because it is certainly not waterproof, it's not claiming to be. I love it. No complaints.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/17/2014 1:00:00 AM More reviews by TheGingerSnap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product has great reputation and a huge following, and after hearing so many rants and raves about it I decided to give it a try. But it did not perform as I expected.
The wand clumped my lashes together, rather than providing a clean separated look. The pigmentation provided a nice jet black color as expected.
For the price, I prefer Cover Girl Last Blast (my go to mascara). It provides better volume, separation, and the wand is, in my opinion, of better quality.
This mascara provides a more natural sense of volume, so if you are expecting big lashes I suggest you look else where. While it may be the go to mascara for some, I think I'll stick to my ol' favorite.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/16/2014 9:10:00 PM More reviews by kristyb114

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have no clue why so many magazines recommend this garbage or why it has so many faithfuls. I am not anti drugstore makeup I must say first. There are plenty of fantastic choices there. I'm just saying this is not it.

This mascara never really dries completely. It will end up half way down your face by then end of the day. And FORGET it if it's humid out. You're definitely SOL then. I once opened the oven and my lashes immediately stuck together.

To top it off this stuff smells nasty. It may not be expensive but seriously don't waste your money.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/20/2014 10:26:00 AM More reviews by Stark77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I got a HUGE allergic reaction to this. It's made me unable to wear eye makeup or contact lenses, and my eyelids have been itching, burning, and puffy for days now. This has NEVER happened to me before, so I'm still somewhat shocked. (FYI, it was the "Blackest of Black Noir" kind, or whatever.)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2014 5:24:00 PM More reviews by Rowannkatrine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love it so much!! I have really short lashes and eyelash curlers dont work very well for me, and I finally found a mascara that keeps my eyelashes from pointing downwards and gives them an eyelash curler effect! It's not super expensive either and the brush is AMAZING. I very highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2014 2:16:00 AM More reviews by DEbeachgirl74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've tried other mascaras but I always come back to this one bc all of the others, including other Maybelline mascaras, clump and look like crap. I like separated defined lashes and Great Lash does that. I use several coats and have no clumping problems except for when it's time to replace the tube. I get the Big Brush kind bc that wand seems to work the best. It's affordable which is definitely a plus.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/28/2014 8:58:00 PM More reviews by mia315

this product was super cheap. i got it for around $3 and tbh i wasnt expecting anything great out of this mascara. when i applied it, it was really easy and it didnt do much but darken my already dark lashes. it did not give me length, it did not give me good volume, but it gave me decent separation. since i didnt want to waste it, i now keep it in my makeup bag that i carry to school just in case im not wearing makeup that day and i need to look a little bit better afterwards. its really fast to apply and i think its a really good mascara for beginners. hope this helped! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2014 6:19:00 AM More reviews by lissieloo

best mascara i have ever owned. does not clump at all, seperates lashes perfectly. also very affordable.