December 22, 2014 | 1163 users online

Eye Shadow - Laura Mercier - Creme Eye Colour to Go

rated 3 of 5 on 10/10/2007 9:59:00 PM More reviews by cwendt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this to help create a subtle eye to contrast well with my more dramatic lips. It works very well. The shadow comes in a tube that is better than a MAC paint tube. MAC paints seem to continue to ooze out of the tube and waste product. LM eyeshadow squeezed out only what I wanted to squeeze out.

Only down fall is that I don't think it lasts all day without creasing. However, I have very oily skin and eyelids so if it lasts longer for those who are less oily, I think they will love the product.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/9/2005 5:01:00 PM More reviews by syielmun

This did nothing for me. It wasn't anything I couldn't get cheaper elsewhere. The application was goopy and the product just didn't last.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2004 3:54:00 PM More reviews by m4r14n

I had the NEW Metallic cream eyeshadows for my trip to Kauai. They worked GREAT. Held up to the humidity and the colors were very natural. I used rose gold and copper together. I didn't swim with them however as i didn't expect them to hold up to sea water. Yes i'd buy again. very nice texture, no creases or anything. My man thought they looked real good on me and like how they lasted all day in the humidity.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2004 6:30:00 PM More reviews by StephB

I bought this in Posy, a beautiful light pink shimmer. It's a gorgeous shade for spring/summer. I really like this product. However, you DO have to use your fingers. I take the wand and just dot or streak it on the eye area, then blend/spread it out with my fingers. It gives a beautiful smooth application. My first thought was that they could have put these in a squeeze tube instead of the wand tube. I have very oily eyelids and have had no problems with these shadows creasing...even after a full day of wear.

StephB

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2004 7:38:00 PM More reviews by gristerz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My favorite e/s! I generally favor cream eyeshadows more, since they're easier to apply, but I have to admit, this one is certainly beautiful! I love the color, the shimmer, the ease of the application, the wand, and the packaging.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2004 5:31:00 PM More reviews by blyss

If I could, I'd give it a 3.5 rather than a 3 or a 4. It's a good product if you use it for the intended reason but not great to enough to be a 4. I have oily combination skin and this is a good solid product for washes but it's a lousy eye shadow base. It's essentially like the Linda Cantello Eye washes or a more powdered and less slick version of the MAC CCB. It's a light liquid gel that dries to a powdery finish.

I have this in two colours. Shell and Shimmer Sand. I use them in the summer for a quick punch of quiet colour to made me look natural and yet polished. They do last a long time without creasing IF you do not layer it on thickly or use it as a base. I'll be the first to admit that they're a crease-a-thon if you layer it on thick.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2004 10:30:00 PM More reviews by HeatherH

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use the shimmer sand and the shell. I wear this with Antique Gold. It is beautiful. When I use it w/ the antique gold i put the antique gold all over the lid (up to the crease) and in the crease I use temptation. Then I mix shimmer sand creme eye color and shell (both Laura mercier creme eye color) together on my hand and then use the camoflauge brush to apply it over the antique gold. I then line my eyes in the special brown eyeliner. Also, use the starlight at the top under browbone for highlighter. This is an awesome technique that the makeup artist did for my makeover! I love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2004 12:10:00 AM More reviews by Thrifty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have this in shimmer sand and really dislike it. I am a HUGE fan of most LM products...but this one is a disappointment. The color is beautiful, but the applicator wand is an awful idea. It hurts to put it on my lids because its kinda stiff and doesn't glide across the lid. In the end, the only way to apply this is dabbing it on your finger and apply. But the lasting power is good. It stays on well past 8 hours.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2003 4:55:00 AM More reviews by divinevi

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Interaction over this product with the MUA left me quite frustrated. Shell is a lovely e/s wash - with the slightest luminescent sparkles - as an abalone shell. The application in the store was smooth, creamy and a dry-wet application.
I came home and worried my product had gone bad after it clumped and skidded so much when I applied the product on my lid. I
returned to the store and the LM MUA explained the product (that came with a self-applying wand) comes out too thick when new and only when a product is old like the tester in the store (a month of continuous use!) does the smooth application occur.
So I watched the assistant smear my product on her hand to test as she handed the tube back to me, in a smug manner. It certainly didn't feel like such an attractive eyeshadow after she'd tested the wand on herself. LM should not give out a product with such a sketchy, road-test record. This could be a professional product, but it's very fine. Application is too finicky and goopy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2003 12:18:00 AM More reviews by amyaub

I have this in Heather and I really liked it. It did fade a bit as the day went on but no creasing. The product was easy to blend and was a very beautiful color.