October 31, 2014 | 1503 users online

Skincare - Face - Boots - Mediterranean Olive, Sage and Almond Wonderbalm

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2012 6:41:00 PM More reviews by Pi89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

In winter times like now, my lips get rly dry and the corner of my mouth tends to flake which doesnt look that nice. I bought this balm with the hope that it would take the flakes away and smoothe it out, and it did! Its a part of my skin care routine now as I put it on in the morning and before I go to bed. Also works good before putting on lipstick so the colour smoothes and makes it look more homogeneous. A minus is the jar, altough its very cute but since I have long nails its not that sanitary. Either I dip in my knuckle in the jar or use a cotton bud to dig out some balm.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2010 8:22:00 PM More reviews by nrahman1993

This stuff is really rather pricey. That said, it smells wonderful and does a very nice job of moisturizing (although not significantly better than vaseline). I like it a lot, but it's too pricey for me to justify buying it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2010 8:21:00 AM More reviews by imsdal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

OMG! this lip-balm is the best and also the only one I can use for my big, dry lips. I feel I have tried everything from rosebud, carmex, nesoporin etc.. those did not work! The best thing about it is that it is trancelucent so it dosent show off the dryness on your lips like the majority (all!?) of the other lip balms do! The formula is quite thin, but it works wonderfully as well as the lovely smell! It lasts a long time. I did use my previous bottle about 8 times a day, and it lasted over a year which is not bad for paying only $12. My ONLY complain is the packaging. I wish they could put it in a tube or something which would make it more sanitary.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2010 11:23:00 AM More reviews by taylorwest

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this product for elbows, heels, any rough areas. However, I moved my rating down to a 4 because it appears that Boots has altered the fragrance of this product. It used to have a wonderful herb smell--now the fragrance is more fruity, reminded me of a kool-aid smell. I hope this is not a permanent change. There are already too many cosmetic products that smell like they are targeting a pre-teen girl; please don't let this great product be one of them!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2010 12:57:00 PM More reviews by CAZUAE

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I personally love the cute jar this product comes, it's has a nice vintage feel to it. As for the product itself, I don't like it on my lips at all, however, it is a brilliant foot and hand balm and when travelling I use it all over - a little goes a long way. I would not really compare it to vaseline as vaseline is much thicker and much greasier; the consistency of this balm is far lighter and absorbs quite quickly. The smell is nice and price-wise I think it is reasonable. Is it a 'wonder' balm? No more than any other 'balm' out there, but it is good value for money IMHO.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2009 10:15:00 PM More reviews by StarCielle

I don't understand why some people are disapointed about this product. I myself love it because it has a great smell and I can use it for anything! I use it for nails, lips, cuts, burns, whatever I may encounter! It's great to carry in your purse too!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2009 12:07:00 AM More reviews by ghoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The scent is divine on this little thing. But to me it just feels more or less like a water based petroleum jelly. I use it with hand cream on cuticles overnight but for more heavy duty moisturizing I much prefer the Weleda skin food.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2009 6:29:00 PM More reviews by UrbanHibiscus

ahhh, the scent. sometimes I just open the cute little jar to get a whiff of the calming, herbal scent. Not much good for anything else though ;\. i at times use it as a cuticle balm but that's it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2008 2:18:00 AM More reviews by mariannaoust

For some reason I had really high hopes for this product (probably bcs of the name), but I was disappointed.
I used it as a lip balm and it didnít do much Ė not really moisturizing and wore off very quickly. I read some reviews that compared to Vaseline, but in my opinion Vaseline is better, at least it stays on for more than 20 minutes.
I gave it a try on my cuticles and again nothing really happened.
And then (yeah, Iím kinda dense) tried it on random dry spots, and guess what? Nada.
Also, the packaging is retarded, I would always get some of it under my nail and it was just too much trouble to try to get into that stupid jar for such a lame product.
Too bad.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2008 9:12:00 PM More reviews by snow_white_suicide

I can't really review a product just for its scent.. can i? Well, i can only say this is just what others have said - its scented petroleum jelly. It didn't really do much for me at all but to be fair, it wasn't completely awful and despite the name, there really isn't anything wonderful about this wonder balm.