August 29, 2014 | 1199 users online

Skincare - Body - Philosophy - Remember Bath and Shower Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2006 12:25:00 AM More reviews by SMMY

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am posting in response to the unfortunate alarmist posting below. My bathroom has a dozen different Philosophy 3-in-1 gels, along with a myriad of other Philosophy products in it. I think that qualifies me to review these products, as opposed to just cutting and pasting spam-like messages in leu of a review, regarding Philosophy products. This is just a sad attempt to try to scare people. I believe there are plenty of message boards for this type of thing, so I would hope in the future, she would take this to a place designed for discussion and not a place designed for reviews.
I heartily recommend this product and hope no one takes the posting about Philosophy 3-in-1 products causing cancer seriously. Trust me, I'm an analytical chemist and there is no scientific evidence linking these products (parabens) to cancer. This is just a bit of ill-informed propaganda posted below. I <3 Philosophy and will continue to support this company through product purchases. I hope everyone else who loves Philosophy does the same, as we need to support companies with a strong set of ethics and great products.
And to keep on topic, I love Philosophy 3-in-1s. These shower gels clean without drying out my skin and smell great.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2006 10:31:00 AM More reviews by SensualSusanna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's ironic and sad that this item contains cancer causing additives. It's great that the proceeds go to Breast Cancer Reseach -- but it's shameful that this product has ingredients that have been banned in Europe as harmful ingredients that actually can contribute to breast cancer!! Specifically -- Methylchloroisothiazolinone and Methylisothiazolinone (in all Philosophy 3 in 1 shower gels). I called Philosophy and asked them a simple question -- "Why?" They gave me a simple, yet unacceptable answer ----"that these two ingredients are at safe amounts in the product and considered 'GRAS' which stands for ~generally recognized as safe~ additives according to the FDA". I say --- "EEERRTTT' Wrong answer!! Why bother having them in there at all --- especially when it's in a product that is economically contributing to just the cause you are trying to erradicate! It's nuts! Crazy!! Mind boggling!! And just plain sad and disappointing. What's more -- Philosophy is a company whose name comes from a thoughtful mind process ~Philosophy~. As a company Philosophy's thought process is a mind, body, spirit connection and when you make this connection you are what they call a "Philosophy Girl". Having that empowerment to be smart, beautiful and informed. It's embarrasing to be a "Philosophy Girl," when you actually find out that their products can contribute to a America's uphill , devestating battle with breast cancer. It affects us all! It's like a cat chasing it's tail --- but human lives are at stake. ~~~~~

I remember the day I found out that Philosophy's products contained these awful chemicals. I was bathing in a bubble bath -- relaxing, rejuevenating, embracing my quiet time; when I looked over at the bottle of 3-1 and the names of the chemicals jumped out at me. I jumped out of the bath and showered immediately! I was really pissed off! I had been soaking in poison!! I felt BETRAYED and OUTRAGED by Philosophy! Never again. I read labels.... I share knowledge with my friends and loved ones. It will be women that erradicate Breast cancer by doing our part, as educators. United we can stand to erradicate Breast cancer for future generations. Be an educated consumer --- be an empowered woman! Be empowered with knowledge of what ingredients are being used in your health and beauty items -- and don't buy items that contain these things. In this day and age, we know what to eat to stay healthy -- we know that exercise is good -- and there is a mind, body connection to staying fit and healthy. So we indulge in beauty treatments that soothe our souls while cleansing our bodies; thinking all the while -- I am doing good for my body. Using this product -- you're just doing damage. And if you are like me and come from a long line of women who endured breast cancer you don't want to take any risks that are unnecessary. I cannot believe this product is still formulated with those cancer causing ingredients. DON'T buy just because it's for a good cause. Just write a check to the American Cancer Society instead. And do all women a favor and call Philosophy and tell them to remove those additives. It's not safe ---- otherwise why would they be banned in Europe? Thanks for reading this and be well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2004 9:20:00 PM More reviews by bunny207

This is one of my favorites in the Philosphy line. I generally love their body products, and this is no different. This smells so elegant. It has a slight vanilla undertone. This is very hard to describe, so check it out first. It is an excellent and creamy shower gel and shampoo. A total keeper!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2003 1:32:00 PM More reviews by LaraConn

I purchased this because all proceeds go to breast cancer. As my maternal grandmother died of the disease, and I've already undergone one scare and biopsy (everything's fine!), I look for products that help fund cancer research. What a treat that this product is so awesome! It smells wonderful - very clean and citrusy, kind of a grapefruit smell. It cleans well and works great as a shower gel or shampoo. I'm trying to use up my current stash of products, but this will definitely be a re-purchase. I'd love to see a matching cologne and body lotion....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2003 8:39:00 PM More reviews by CarolStarr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite bath and body gel from Philosophy so far. It has a fresh lemon scent and isn't woodsy like Holiday Blues, 100% of the proceeds also go to charity. In this case for the fight against breast cancer. The poem on the bottle is beautiful and will make you cry. If you know someone who is battling the disease it would make a lovely present.