September 2, 2014 | 1389 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - Liquid Metal Eyes in Plutonium

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2005 5:22:00 PM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

this is a nice silvery-rosey-taupe...flattering against my MMM w/ yellow undertones skin..finely milled & definitely metallic!!..and i agree with every1..i cant stand the packaging...wuts up with the double end thing?? one side is a doefoot wand (loox exactly 4 for l/g) and the other end is a powdery pigment....it looked really nice when i matched it with a burgundy,such as milani maroon...for reference,im C5/C40

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2005 5:47:00 AM More reviews by Supa

This single eye shadow can create so many different looks. I like to dab a little with my fingers and wash the dry shadow over my entire lid and then use the wand to put wet shadow over the crease and blend. Excellent for a night out. Only problem with this product is the packaging... no matter how careful I am, I always end up making a mess. I think the result is worth the trouble tho. I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2005 6:06:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

If you want SHINY, SHINY eyeshadow, this is your product!
It really does look like molten metal.
I have to confess, though, that I like it.
The color is hard to describe: The base color is a medium-intensity taupe with slight pink undertones, but it shines sort of coppery on the skin.
The wear is wonderful; it will look fresh for hours on end.
The only complaints I have concern the bewildering packaging. Which end do you open first, and how do you keep the powder from spewing out all over?
I would buy this again, and may try some of the other colors, too.
I don't like shiny eyeshadows, as a rule, but this one is fun.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2004 10:42:00 PM More reviews by kookykitty

The UD Liquid Metal Eyes are awesome! I am sooo glad that I decided to try these finally! I thought they were *liquid--liquid* before so I always passed on them, but the raves here on mua drove me to get one in Plutonium. Plutonium shows up a gorgeous silvery pinky taupey champagne color on my lids and MMM Stila D/E yellow undertoned skin. The concept of this products is great! It is double sided w/ a sponge tipped applicator on one side and the loose pigment powder color on the other side. You dip the applicator into the product and then you put it on your lids and sorta just swipe the color to blend w/ your fingers--totally easy peasy and very travel convenient! The color reminds me of a more shimmery silvery taupey version of MAC Tan pigment. I love the staying power of the Liquid Metal eyes and it doesn't crease either. Great price at $15! I want to collect them all! I have Xenon(metallicy blue) coming to me in a swap and I have my eye on Palladium(pretty lavendar). :D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2004 9:58:00 PM More reviews by retro_vertigo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ok, so am I the only one whose sole mental picture of 'plutonium' is derived from the 1986 classic anti-nuke kid's movie, ‘The Manhattan Project’. Sure you know the one. Where some guy runs around with pre-Sex in the City Cynthia Nixon building an atomic bomb for a science fair, not to mention stealing plutonium from a military base and replacing it with a mixture Palmolive dishwashing liquid and glitter as not to alarm the scientist of the missing element. Still not ringing any bells? I guess that that doesn’t matter because this color looks nothing like that. It's a beautiful shimmery pink when dry and looks like silvery pink foil when applied wet. I put this on wet over Clinique Touch Base for Eyes and went to a knock-you-out-of-your-seat Darkness concert where I jumped around like it was 1986 for 4 hours. Unbelievably, by the time I got home 9 hours after I applied the eye shadow, this stuff was not only still on, but it looked like I JUST applied it. Truly amazing. Well worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2003 10:00:00 PM More reviews by forensics96

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Definitely *not* a day color/product!! ;) I wore this with a formal (@ night) and it looked awesome!! I prefer applying it wet (you can do either wet or dry)- it's much more metallic & dramatic shade that way (BOLD metallic silvery-pink). I completely agree w/ the review below- it does make blue eyes POP! The bottle is a little annoying- a little tough to get out dry & when you use the wand applicator wet, the stuff likes to clump up on the top opening part when you pull the wand out- but I figure, for a color like this- it's worth a few minor irritations.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2003 6:00:00 PM More reviews by GreeneyedGal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great product, and will make green and blue eyes POP! You can also wet the sponge while applying to get a deeper taupy color. A fun color to wear!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2003 5:08:00 PM More reviews by Merina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

If you're looking for a shadow that will give you that glossy/wet eye look without the gloss then this is it! Truly does make your eyelids look like liquid metal. Plutonium is a pinky taupe color, nice and neutral. To get even more dramatic results, build in layers. The packaging is kind of annoying, but well worth the product that's inside.