April 16, 2014 | 962 users online

Moisturizers - Avalon Organics Botanicals - Lavender Daily Moisturizer

rated 1 of 5 on 11/23/2013 3:18:00 PM More reviews by BlackHoleDiver

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I tried this a few years ago. Never again. My skin needed an exorcist. Broke out, got red, looked like the skin of a 13-year-old on a diet of grease. Seriously, this is not for people with sensitive skin. I never had such tragedy unfold on my face before. WOW. Bad. I remember it took days of washing to see myself again. Save yourself!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2012 8:16:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was given a sample of this & other than the smell (my allergies) i like it. I only needed a tiny amount to moisturize my whole face & it didn't leave me greasy or under-moisturized. My t-zone was oily after a few hrs but thats normal no matter what lotion i use. Luckily the scent fades, which i like the smell but my allergies go nuts with anything scented sadly. So this may be a purchase for me in the future.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/14/2012 12:00:00 PM More reviews by melostrom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Disgusting is all I can say. The smell is alright, but doesn't have that typical lavender smell. After this product "sunk in" on my skin, it felt like I has a mask on, and that feeling does NOT go away through out the day. Hate it hate it hate it. The packaging is okay, I don't mind the jar but it can be a hassle. Won't be repurchasing!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/29/2012 8:43:00 AM More reviews by Bunnylayke

I love this moisturizer. I have combination/sensitive skin and it works great in conjunction with the Avalon Organics lavender cleansing gel. It has a very thick creamy texture but doesn't clog my pores, and it really does calm my redness.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2012 11:38:00 PM More reviews by keanash

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Holy freaking grail. I have combination skin, with easily-clogged pores in the T-zone and dry patches on the cheeks. This stuff is fantastic. I find it reasonably priced and very effective -- it's a very lightweight moisturizer that doesn't feel oily or sticky on the face. It absorbs quickly. This product keeps my skin moisturized for many hours after application and causes no problems under makeup.

At times I noticed a faint stinging upon application -- I have wondered if this is the hyaluronic acid that this product contains. Either way, it is not uncomfortable to me and it works so well that even if it were, I'd probably still use it. Comes in a jar, which some may not like. It took me forever to use mine up, and presently I need to repurchase. My favourite day-time moisturizer.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/12/2011 12:47:00 AM More reviews by ladri82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wanted to love this product based on the rave reviews..however this gave my oily acne prone skin TONS of clogged pores and tiny little flesh colored bumps along my jawline! ..must have been all the essential oils or what not. Be careful if you have sensitive skin..if not it just make work for you..the smell is pleasant enough, that is why this deserves one lippie!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2011 11:00:00 AM More reviews by janehex

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a very nice, lightweight, and benign moisturizer with a great natural fragrance. Love the organic ingredients. I have tried it all for my sensitive and acne-prone skin, from $100+ creams from La Prairie (waste of money) to cheap drugstore brands (way too harsh). I somehow stumbled across this one at my grocery store and for $15, decided to give it a try. It has never irritated my skin and has enough moisture for me, too. Wish it would come in a tube or a pump for better hygiene, ah well.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2010 8:35:00 AM More reviews by alicia148

This is a brilliant moisturiser. I have sensitive skin but this calms the redness and no matter how much I slap on it doesn't give me any spots.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2010 11:49:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Light but moisturizing. Great for my oily/combo oily skin. Pretty reasonable price.

CONS: I don't love the lavender scent. Kind of smells like wet dog/medicine.. Some won't like that it comes in a jar (but I have clean hands when I apply, so I don't worry about that.)

ALTERNATES: They have a cream as well which is even more moisturizing. I adore Derma E's Hyaluronic Acid night creme.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/9/2010 1:01:00 PM More reviews by hollieua

I have oily ,acne prone skin and this product was AMAZING! I have tried every face cream you can think of. Everything makes me breakout. This is the ONLY moisturizer that hasnt caused ANY breakouts! That alone is a reason to buy. It hasnt had a positive or negative effect on my skin in other ways, but it is still worth buying!

~UPDATE~
They have COMPLETELY changed the ingredients in this. They added many pore clogging ingredients and this broke my skin out so bad! If you have oily or acne-prone skin dont bother with this.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No