Avalon Organics Botanicals Lavender Daily Moisturizer

3.8

Not tested on animals

Organic lavandula angustifolia (lavender), chamomilla recutita (chamomile) and camellia sinensis (white tea) extracts (aqueous)(1), organic arnica montana extract(2), vegetable glycerin, octyl palmitate, organic helianthus annuus (sunflower) oil(1), organic aloe barbadensis(1), dipotassium glycyrrhizinate (licorice root), glyceryl stearate, cetearyl alcohol, lipo-filling complex (saccharomyces/xylinum, black tea ferment and hydroxyethylcellulose), tromethamine stearate, glyceryl monolaurate, panthenol (pro-vitamin B5), allantoin, sodium PCA, hyaluronic acid, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate (vitamin C), vitis vinifera (grape seed) polyphenols, tocopherol (vitamin E), calendula officinalis and salix alba (willow bark) extracts, corn starch modified, organic curcuma longa (turmeric) extract(1), phenoxyethanol, dimethicone, xanthan gum, benzyl alcohol, organic lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil(3) and other essential oils. 1) Certified by Quality Assurance International 2) Certified by Pro-Cert Organic Systems 3) Certified by International Certification Services

on 4/23/2014 6:14:00 PM

I liked this moisturizer, nothing fancy but it did the job. It had a nice texture and consistency, a combo of gel and cream, which felt good on my skin and sunk in nicely without leaving a greasy feel. The only thing I would note is it did leave my skin feeling a LITTLE stiff right after I applied it, but this goes away within a few minutes. I went through this quickly, it only lasted 2 months, so I wish I would have gotten at least one more month out of it. It is worth a try and is not very expensive.

I tried this a few years ago. Never again. My skin needed an exorcist. Broke out, got red, looked like the skin of a 13-year-old on a diet of grease. Seriously, this is not for people with sensitive skin. I never had such tragedy unfold on my face before. WOW. Bad. I remember it took days of washing to see myself again. Save yourself!

on 11/7/2012 8:16:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I was given a sample of this & other than the smell (my allergies) i like it. I only needed a tiny amount to moisturize my whole face & it didn't leave me greasy or under-moisturized. My t-zone was oily after a few hrs but thats normal no matter what lotion i use. Luckily the scent fades, which i like the smell but my allergies go nuts with anything scented sadly. So this may be a purchase for me in the future.

on 5/14/2012 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Disgusting is all I can say. The smell is alright, but doesn't have that typical lavender smell. After this product "sunk in" on my skin, it felt like I has a mask on, and that feeling does NOT go away through out the day. Hate it hate it hate it. The packaging is okay, I don't mind the jar but it can be a hassle. Won't be repurchasing!

on 2/29/2012 8:43:00 AM

I love this moisturizer. I have combination/sensitive skin and it works great in conjunction with the Avalon Organics lavender cleansing gel. It has a very thick creamy texture but doesn't clog my pores, and it really does calm my redness.

on 1/15/2012 11:38:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Holy freaking grail. I have combination skin, with easily-clogged pores in the T-zone and dry patches on the cheeks. This stuff is fantastic. I find it reasonably priced and very effective -- it's a very lightweight moisturizer that doesn't feel oily or sticky on the face. It absorbs quickly. This product keeps my skin moisturized for many hours after application and causes no problems under makeup.

At times I noticed a faint stinging upon application -- I have wondered if this is the hyaluronic acid that this product contains. Either way, it is not uncomfortable to me and it works so well that even if it were, I'd probably still use it. Comes in a jar, which some may not like. It took me forever to use mine up, and presently I need to repurchase. My favourite day-time moisturizer.

on 9/12/2011 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Wanted to love this product based on the rave reviews..however this gave my oily acne prone skin TONS of clogged pores and tiny little flesh colored bumps along my jawline! ..must have been all the essential oils or what not. Be careful if you have sensitive skin..if not it just make work for you..the smell is pleasant enough, that is why this deserves one lippie!

on 4/4/2011 11:00:00 AM

This is a very nice, lightweight, and benign moisturizer with a great natural fragrance. Love the organic ingredients. I have tried it all for my sensitive and acne-prone skin, from $100+ creams from La Prairie (waste of money) to cheap drugstore brands (way too harsh). I somehow stumbled across this one at my grocery store and for $15, decided to give it a try. It has never irritated my skin and has enough moisture for me, too. Wish it would come in a tube or a pump for better hygiene, ah well.

on 9/14/2010 8:35:00 AM

This is a brilliant moisturiser. I have sensitive skin but this calms the redness and no matter how much I slap on it doesn't give me any spots.

on 6/21/2010 11:49:00 PM

PROS: Light but moisturizing. Great for my oily/combo oily skin. Pretty reasonable price.

CONS: I don't love the lavender scent. Kind of smells like wet dog/medicine.. Some won't like that it comes in a jar (but I have clean hands when I apply, so I don't worry about that.)

ALTERNATES: They have a cream as well which is even more moisturizing. My new fave for very moisturizing while not clogging me AT ALL is Aveeno - Positively Nourishing Comforting Whipped Souffle, which is actually made for the body, but I love it for my face.

Popular Moisturizers