November 25, 2014 | 1847 users online

Lip Gloss - Urban Decay - Lip Gunk in Roach

rated 3.0(1 review)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2003 11:02:00 AM More reviews by donnla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Many of the lip gunks have already been reviewed so I'll try to keep my comments to the colour rather than the overall product.

I was tempted to buy this because of the cool packaging. I forgot, of course, that I don't wear drak coloured lip products very much at all.

Roach is a dark brown colour. The lip gunk is highly pigmented and so to get a sheer effect you have to be very careful to apply it sparingly. If you get it right, you can get a nice sheer brown stain on your lips.

You can also go the whole hog and cover your lips with a thicker layer - which is a bit stickier. You will need to use a lip brush to take it off the applicator to get this to go on evenly. The only problem is that when this fades, get rubbed off etc you look like you have chocolate stains all round your mouth!

If you like a dramatic, or gothic, look, you'll like this. If you are more of a MAC lipglass person than a dark lipstick person, try the lip gunk in X instead. Remember to check for the choc stain effect!

I won't be buying this again as I rarely use it and am going to try swapping it. However, as a product, it works, just not my thing really. So a medium rating for this.