November 27, 2014 | 1564 users online

Cleansers - Shiseido - Purifying Cleansing Foam

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2014 11:17:00 AM More reviews by lunalove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

There is nothing wrong with this product it just dries my skin out too much.
It leaves me feeling very clean but stripped. I do use a cleansing oil before to remove the bulk of my makeup and then a cleanser to get the remnants off.
It has tiny granules in it but I dont think that there are enough of them to do much...Id much rather just use dermalogia microfoliant, vasanti, or the clarisonic brush if I want exfoliation.
Perhaps this would work best for truly oily skin?
My skin is oily and I am shiny within an hour. Even using mattifying makeup and in winter, my skin has an oily sheen after 2 hours.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2013 3:45:00 PM More reviews by BrigitteBardot

I have normal skin for the most part, and I found this drying even when using a small amount. Perhaps it's better suited for oilier skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2012 11:58:00 PM More reviews by stace06

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Used this cleanser from my late teens into my mid twenties and despite the fragrance, it did not break me out and the texture is what kept my going back to this cleanser even at $58 AUD per bottle.

I love the texture and the foaming effect - it took off all the makeup and left my skin feeling clean (squeaky type) and soft. The packaging - upside down squeeze effect means that you can get every last bit out of this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/21/2012 8:45:00 AM More reviews by Lyla90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I didn't purchase this product but used it from a friend as a tester first. My face felt squeaky clean after but I was horrified to find tiny red bumps over various parts of my face. Really let down because I love Shiseido as a brand. Needless to say, I won't be purchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2011 5:56:00 PM More reviews by 123456j

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Nice quality cleanser and removes makeup well. It works perfectly in conjunction with the softender from The Skincare line. This is a very gentle cleanser which gives you a clean feeling afterwards without a dry tightness which some products may cause. However, it is kind of exspensive for results which can be replicated by other cleansers...therefore did not repurchase. The softender however, is a great addition to any skincare routine focusing on hydrating!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2011 2:56:00 PM More reviews by rallu

I don't know how purifying it is or if it breaks me out or not because I've used it twice and returned it. I just couldn't stand that "squeeky clean" feeling that some reviewers talk about. For me it's coated feeling not squeeky clean at all and leaves my face dull. It does have a rich lather and removes my make-up though...Oh...and those little granules don't do anything to exfoliate, they just get in my eyes, that's all...

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2011 3:38:00 PM More reviews by Seininya

I used this for about two years. I tried Shiseido's Extra Gentle Cleansing Foam before, but stopped as I tried other products. I picked this up during one of their events. At first I liked the squeaky clean feeling, and thought it better than other cleansers. However, after a harsh Canadian winter, this cleanser really dried out my skin. This has potassium hydroxide in it - which can be skin irritating.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/20/2011 10:18:00 PM More reviews by jaimea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product was horrid to my skin. The girl at Sephora suggested this for my oily skin. It smelled good and my face felt squeeky clean during and after washing, but 1 hour later I was greasy. And putting make up on after using this...lets just say i was at work wiping my face off all day. I was not impressed. I like their perfume...not their skincare systems.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2010 8:33:00 PM More reviews by cutelildeadbear

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

The only thing I will ever use on my face ever again, end of discussion. If I get low I hyperventilate, although I usually have back up samples somewhere so this never happens. I suggest everyone with sensitive skin or if you are over 25 to try this. It might seem drying at first, but of course you are supposed to moisturize after washing your face. It exfoliates beautifully though and cleared all of my breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2010 9:27:00 AM More reviews by NeufChatel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I finally bought a full-size tube. I had a gwp sample a couple years ago, loved it and forgot about it and then thought about it again.. when I purchased a Shiseido eyeshadow quad. I loved the e/s and was reminded that I really love the skincare too. I love that it only takes a small amount to get a really nice lather and it really deep cleans and softens. My face doesn't feel too dry or tight after rinsing it off either. I was hesitant to buy it for because of the price, but if you think about it... it's actually a great bargain. My drugstore cleansers don't last as long because I have to use alot more to get the product to do what its supposed to do. My gwp sample lasted a long time. Even the little sample I had made for me at a Sephora store lasted me a week and a half. With other cleansers, the size of that sample is what I would use in 1 day. I've also been getting compliments on how my skin glows. I'm glad I added it to my skincare regimen.