September 30, 2014 | 1926 users online

Gels/Soaps - Mario Badescu - AHA Botanical Body Soap

rated 3 of 5 on 5/13/2014 11:58:00 AM More reviews by chagrin

I first tried this when ulta was having a sale on the mario badescu products. Frustrated at my local ultas lack of the product I actually wanted I turned to this. Since I frequently have back and chest acne, and keratosis pilaris on my arms, I thought this could help at least a little. At first, especially in the first week or so, it did work. It reduced my body acne to almost nothing. However with continous use over the next two months the body acne returned. I found it had no effect on my kp bumps.
overall:
Pros:
nice scent
good basic body wash
good price for the amount

cons:
doesn't do anything for body acne or kp

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2013 8:18:00 AM More reviews by Spindelsven

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I had great hopes in this product. I have keratosis pilaris, especially on my arms. It's not something that bothers me a lot since it's not really bad, but I'd love to get rid of it. I'd read that the AHA soap would be great to clear up KP (and perhaps some more irritated skin).

I didn't find any significant difference using this product. I've used it for like 2-2,5 months everytime I hit the shower, sometimes with a loofah. For me it only did some minor difference, thinking of the result I wouldn't buy it again, but I really love the smell and also the fact that it contains few, good ingrediences and that the product is not tested on animals, which makes me thining of buying it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2013 11:43:00 AM More reviews by cuckoocourt

This has quickly become my HG body wash. I'm in my late 20's and have had stubborn breakouts on my shoulders and lower back for the last couple of years, and I have tried multiple body cleansers, salicylic acid sprays, etc., to try and clear them up with absolutely no benefit. Within a few days of using this body wash I noticed a significant reduction in breakouts, and within a week they have pretty much completely disappeared! I still can't believe how quick and effective this was for me.

The scent is mild and pleasant--although I'm not generally that picky when it comes to scents--and you get a pretty decent amount of product for $8.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2013 4:12:00 PM More reviews by nanamisan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This made my chest and back acne worse than I've seen it in a long time. Granted, maybe my body had already planned to freak out in acne before I started using this. However, it did nothing to help the situation. I also made the mistake of using this "down there" which proved quite irritating to my skin lol. I don't have kp but my bf does and I will experiment on him before I give this away, I will update if its some miracle cure for that. Ps the smell was not good :) but I don't rate on smell. This gets an avg body wash rating from me until further notice.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/30/2013 2:11:00 PM More reviews by Shortcourt0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am on the fence with this product. I am not sure if it is keeping my chest and bacne at bay or if it is just not doing anything. I still break out on my chest about once or twice a month which I guess hasn't improved since I started using this product. I like the way it smells, floral and fresh. I also like feeling like I am doing something for the breakouts on my chest. I just don't think this really does anything. I will have to start looking into something else to help out my body acne.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2013 10:40:00 AM More reviews by jericalee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't normally write reviews, but this product has done so much for me (especially considering it's just something that goes down the drain) that it just seems selfish not to.

A few years back I had a pretty horrible bout with bacne, and was trying every harsh acne product/rubbing alcohol/whatever to get rid of it. I had never heard of Mario Badescu at the time and bought this body wash by chance at a boutique simply because I loved the smell.

Within a week my back was 50% clearer! After using it for a month I had absolutely no bacne, and had also noticed the skin on my body was so much smoother and brighter. I did not repurchase simply because I had moved and did not know where else to find it, plus my bacne woes were over. It's worth mentioning that I also took preventive measures during this time (not sitting in sweaty clothes, switching to unscented detergent/body lotion, washing my sheets twice as often). However, I give pretty much all the healing credit to this body wash.

Recently I had a different problem, bumpy eczema flare ups all over the back of my thighs and arms. Also, a major ingrown hair problem and some nasty scarring from Honduran sand flea bites. I remembered the brightening, exfoliating properties of this wash and found it at Ulta and bought the biggest bottle I could. My scars are finally lighter after 6 months of dealing with them, and the texture of my skin is ridiculously smooth, soft, and refined - ingrowns eczema and all are gone.

To get the most benefit of from this product I lather up with a exfoliating mitt after turning off the water and let it sit on my body for 2 minutes or so before rinsing. When I'm in a rush I don't necessarily do this, but it is a good idea to as it gives the AHAs more time to work on the skin.

By the way, the smell is refreshing, beautiful, and natural. I adore it. As with all Mario Badescu products, I love the highly functional packaging and the ridiculously reasonable price ($14 bucks for a huge bottle at Ulta!) As long as I use this, I don't need to use a body scrub. HG product, couldn't recommend more.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2013 1:14:00 PM More reviews by kcruz9

I bought this at Ulta because I was hesitant on it's effectiveness, however, I can say that it has worked for me. I am on my 2nd week and it looks as though my bacne is starting clearing up, which in comparison to the Neutrogena grapeftuit body wash, did nothing for me. As anyone knows, bacne is extremely embarrassing especially when wanting to wear certain tops or dresses but cannot because of it. I follow it up with the special cleansing o toner from mario's line and am happy with my results so far. I use a very tiny amount, similar to a dime size, maybe less. I definitely think this bottle will last me 6 months, if used every day. I would suggest this to anyone with acne problems on their body, PLUS the toner. I used the toner by itself and didn't see any improvement but combined and it miraculously helped. Also, note that you need to change your loofah or sponge more recently than you think as that can accumulate bacteria thus preventing any product from working.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2012 9:12:00 PM More reviews by lestrange

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Best body wash ever! I had no idea how well this would work. I really had no expectations about it but it ended up getting rid of my keratosis pilaris on my arms and preventing breakouts on my back after just a few uses. I was really amazed and have repurchased it in the 16 oz size and will continue to do so. It has a soapy but nice scent. It is packaged in the typical Mario Badescu squeeze bottles. I hope others have as much luck with this as I have!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2011 7:53:00 PM More reviews by amyseeds

In the past few months I have become a huge Mario Badescu fan. His facial cleansers, toners, and acne products have greatly improved the overall quality of my skin. With that being said, when I started to develop acne on my shoulders, chest, and upper back, I immediately purchased the AHA Botanical Body Soap. Although the soap is advertised to help clear up body acne, I was less than thrilled with the results. I didn't see any improvement whatsoever in my existing acne and while I was using it I continued to develop more acne. As a body wash alone it does its job, cleanses, smells nice, and doesn't dry out skin, I however was expecting more from an acne body wash.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2011 12:21:00 PM More reviews by lucifersam

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my absolute favourite body wash. I get occasional body acne but my skin is super sensitive to most body washes. This works perfectly for me. My skin has never broken into a rash using this product. It has made my skin feel smooth and look great. Even during the winter when my skin is dry it doesn't dry my skin out more. I love it.