April 20, 2014 | 1702 users online

Eyeliner - Christian Dior - Crayon Eyeliner

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2012 8:18:00 AM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I adore this product! I use 594 Intense Brown/Brun Intense. I have used it forever and I will keep using it forever. It's a very deep brown, the perfect brown-black/espresso brown for my dark eyes. It applies beautifully with no tugging, but isn't so creamy that it won't last through some minor tearing. It has a great sponge smudger on the end, and comes with an elegant little sharpener. (I do wish the sharpener had a lid, as it's messy without one.) One pencil lasts me two years, and that's using it about 4-5 times per week. It does fade a bit after 5 hours or so, just needs a touchup. Before I found this, I used the L'oreal version of it and the color of that one is good, but it's so hard that even if you warm it between your fingers before applying, it still tugs at your lid. This one is SO much better.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2012 5:21:00 AM More reviews by polisheep

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Surprised at the negative reviews... I love this eyeliner!
-Staying power is amazing! It honestly lasts all day. I can't believe others are saying that it doesn't...
-It doesn't smudge unless it is rubbed, which is why I don't recommend this to monolids.
-Pigmentation is above average but not great.
-It comes with a smudger and a sharpener.
-I felt guilty paying for this, because its so ridiculously overpriced... I bought it at a duty free and still it was nearly $30. But I admit this eyeliner is longer than your average pencil eyeliner, so more product.
Overall, this is the best pencil eyeliner I've ever used. No need to set it with powder since it is genuinely waterproof and doesn't cause raccoon eyes.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/10/2012 4:40:00 PM More reviews by M3Princess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

So, the Sephora SA recommended this to me after I asked her what was the longest lasting, waterproof eyeliner pencil she had in the store. I told her I have the oiliest eyelids and skin on the planet and every eyeliner pencil smudges off in no time. Have tried MUF, Urban Decay, Stila, Lancome, the list goes on and on. Depending on how much time I have, I use three types of eyeliner applications in the morning - the liquid eyeliners (Lancome's Artliner is #1 hands down), the eyeliner brush with gel pots (MAC fluidline tops this list), and the pencil method but I find that an eyeliner pencil is the fastest to apply and I'm always in a rush in the morning to get to work on time!
Was hoping, praying, believing this one would work but I kid you not, it was smudged within 10 minutes after applying it. It's going back. $29 plus tax for raccoon eyes?! This is after coating w/UD primer potion and I even dabbed some Hourglass mineral veil primer under my eyes and on my eyelids. And this is not applying it to my waterline - this is just lining it under my lower lash line. Disappointing is an understatement.
The hunt continues...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2011 8:14:00 PM More reviews by dioraddict84

I like this eyeliner a lot. It is creamy and soft and smooth, so it glides easily. You can build up the color nicely. There's a good range of shades too. The smudger on the end is great and it comes with a pencil sharpener!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2011 7:57:00 PM More reviews by magicloop2009

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Excellent but i like the silvfer one better. It stays on for many hours.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2011 3:23:00 AM More reviews by mindlips

This is my review for Dior's Crayon Eyeliner, Waterproof edition in Black:

I'm sad to say the eyeliner is decent and equivalent in water performance to a drugstore eyeliner. Meaning, raccoon eyes-ready and not water-effective. Why do they keep tricking people into thinking its waterproof when it doesnt serve its most important labelling purpose?

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2011 3:13:00 AM More reviews by twelvesixteen

This was my very first eyeliner pencil. My mom brought me to the Dior counter when I was 16 and was having skin problems on my cheeks, forehead, and chin so I couldn't wear much foundation. I wanted to be girly and pretty and wear makeup so she wanted to buy me some glitzy eyeshadows and maybe an eyeliner. Well, for a 16 year old girl with shaky hands and zero makeup experience, I sure got used to this thing quickly. It glides on smoothly and is fantastic color-wise, since I need a BLACK black eyeliner to go with my jet black hair and eyelashes. It's still pretty great for me now at age 20 and even with my oily eyelids, with an eye primer underneath it's pretty sweet. It's the teeniest bit smudgy and not so much fun to use when it's not freshly sharpened, but that's probably because I have a fold in my eyelid (half-monolid) and eyeliner is a you-know-what to put on anyways.
This is my HG eyeliner in terms of a kohl pencil, and even when I find a liquid/gel liner that I like (haven't found one yet), I will definitely stick with this for the bottom lash line. Love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2011 11:29:00 PM More reviews by alyssac3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this eyeliner in brown and didn't like the way it felt on my eyelids... it felt waxy and would smudge around a bit throughout the day. It also didn't show up well on me.

I like that it has a smudger sponge on the other end because now I use this pencil for my eyebrows! the brown shade matches my eyebrows well and the smudgie on the other end makes for easy blending and contouring for the brows. It also lasts all day and doesn't move around.

I think this product would be better used on the brows than eyeliner, for you fellow MUA'ers you should try this if the shade is right.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2011 10:33:00 PM More reviews by jazmint

I'm using the black, on my 3rd one now. It is awesome but obviously.. Pricey. Wouldn't say it's completely worth the price, but it's the best out of the 5 eyeliners I've tried. The other 4 had the tendency to ride down my eyes (since i don't wear base makeup) but this will endure 5~6 hours. Comes with a sharpener and a brush tip.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2011 7:30:00 PM More reviews by Kiki91768

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

ok this stays on a while since it says its water proof but like everythig waterproof it doesn't stay as long as you want it to stay. I had a bad reaction to the too face black eyeliner so I deicded to give this a try. It doesn't bug my eyes at all and it's great for lining the inside and outside of your eye. I use burn intense 594 which is a dark brown color and you can built the intensity of it which is nice. I am going to keep using this because it seems its the only eyeliner that doesn't give me a bad reaction.