April 16, 2014 | 2082 users online

Hair Removal - Nair - Roll-on Wax Brazilian Spa Clay

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2014 1:00:00 PM More reviews by Kylantonella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this product! It's the 3rd time I'm buying it! Cheaper than actually going to the salon, easy to use without creating a mess! But what I really love is how it's so easy to wash up afterwards!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2013 1:57:00 AM More reviews by JaacquuiBee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

First off, I bought the Nair Brazilian Spa Clay Hair Removal Wax Strips.
IT SUCKED. When ripping off the wax strips, the wax wouldnt even stay on the strip. It got all over in patches on my leg. And whatever did come off clean, hardly any hairs came off with it. I do not recommend this product to anyone and will not be buying this again....very dissapointing...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2012 8:16:00 PM More reviews by shannon804

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I usually wax at home using a salon-style wax warmer, but I recently moved and wanted supplies more quickly. I found this product at CVS, and I am surprised to report that I may never go back to messy pots of wax. You unscrew the roller part, take out a plastic plug, screw the roller back on, and microwave for 15-20 seconds. It comes with strips. You roll a thin layer of wax on (no messy sticks and no wax getting everywhere!), lay a strip down, and pull off, just like any other wax. This was my first time using a sugar wax, and I LOVE it. It seemed to hurt less and it was so easy to rinse leftovers off of my skin. When you're done, you unscrew the roller, rinse it clean, and re-insert the plastic plug. The reason I gave it 4 lippies is that the plug gets annoying-- and what happens if you lose it? But overall, I would repurchase again and again!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2012 4:50:00 PM More reviews by loverofproducts

If you want a good opinion on hair which is medium.. but i have LOADS OF it - MORE THAN MOST GUYS and its pretty tight on there. ! this product really impressed me, after I had a bad experience with nair shower power max cream in my underarms. I first tried this with my underarms, after getting it salon waxed twice. It's very easy and effective, thank god it rolls on easily, and it smells good too. The only small problem was that i would have to heat it again after some time, and since I'm not that experienced, I had to wait a while while the strip was stuck to the wax in my under arm, so it would actually grip the hair. Next, I will be trying it on my legs after getting my legs waxed at the salon once or twice. I hope it works, but after seeing how fast the salon lady could do it, and still took 20 minutes, i'm scared i'll take hours. :P ..... I'll update letter on how it went on my legs

edit: after 2 minutes: haha i just waxed my underarms with this (which i always do)... and noticed a few patches on the top of my leg that she should have done to make the hair level equal.... so I waxed it using this. This was on my thigh... and i think it would work the same for other areas... and it did an amazing job! though I only did like a few spots... also i think i warmed it correctly this time :D ... i think instead of going to the salon the second time.... i'm going to do it myself.... i think :P

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2011 9:33:00 PM More reviews by PandaBrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

This is a review for the Roll On Milk and Honey Wax by Nair. The product itself smells really, really nice. The first time I used it, I'll admit, it didn't work AS effectively as I thought it would. I heated it up for a while, and I tried to follow its instructions where you apply it and then almost immediately rip it off. At times it wasn't that effective.

However, the next time I did it, it worked really well. What changed is that instead of ripping it off immediately, I pressed against the sheets making sure that the wax would come into contact with all of the tiny hairs. Then, after a few seconds of pressing down on it, I ripped off the sheet, and it worked! There are naturally going to be several hairs here and there that it may not pick up, but for the most part, it does work.

You can also reuse the sheets. After you're done, just run the sheets under warm water and rub the wax off. This product runs from about $8-$11, which might seem a tiny bit expensive, but I would still repurchase it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2008 1:28:00 PM More reviews by rebelita80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I absolutely loved this product despite a little messiness. I can't find it in stores nor on the NAIR site and am absolutely frustrated.

This was definitely the best home hair removal system I've found, and it is also very affordable. I love sugaring/waxing & would love to find this system again.
I loved the roll-on feature, which made application easy, even, clean, & quick.
I loved the microwave to heat feature, because it's easy & quick. Also, the products that don't require heating never work for me - they get too warm & just get gooey.
I love this product & hope to find it or at least something comparable again soon.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/16/2008 11:48:00 AM More reviews by mimsmims

I see that most people liked this, but I didn't. I've done a bit of both waxing and sugaring before and I must say this stuff sucked! The roll on thing worked fairly well, but it was messy and I threw it away after my second "sesson" I had with it because cleaning it up was difficult to clean (before using you have to take the roller part off and take a plastic stopper out and then sit the contraption upsidedown so the wax will pour onto the roller... that's fine but afterwards cleaning & trying to put the stopper back in was messy!) And then we have the hair removal aspect.. I like looking at my wax strips to see all the hair & where it was taken out from the root... That didn't happen w/ these.. it would pull out MAYBE 2 hairs on each strip... and cleaning the stuff off skin was a chore.. not as difficult as real wax but it was still a pain!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2007 1:44:00 PM More reviews by burs

I waxed my boyfriend's back with this, and it did an amazing job! And let me tell you, he is one hairy beast. It was actually his idea to do it. It bothers him, but I could care less. First off, the only waxing I had ever done was waxing my mustache with Surgi-wax. So I am no pro at this, that's how easy it was. I saw the reviews here for this, so I decided to try it. I found it on clearance, so I hope they're not discontinuing it. I followed the directions, and just rolled on a thin layer. The roll-on applicator makes it so easy, and no microwaving! Plus, it's so much easier to wash off than regular wax. It rinses right off with warm water. The package comes with 15 strips, which was almost enough to do my bf's entire back. There's just one spot on his lower back that we'll have to do next time. This sure takes the pain out of waxing, but not for my bf. He was writhing! It was quite amusing. I told him now he can see what a pain it is to be a girl! All and all a fantastic product. I think I'll try it on myself next. I epilate my legs & bikini area, but my underarm skin is too delicate to epilate, it pulls on the skin. So I think I'll try this on my underarms next, and maybe update later.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2007 2:04:00 PM More reviews by saphire82

Im finally writing a review after the bottle is almost gone and Ive given it a few tries. Until last time I thought it was an ok product. Now that I know how to use it better, its really great! And Im sure it will get better after even more practice. I also had the previous formula (peach melon that you had to mic) and is the reason I tried this after I couldnt find it and I like it way better (that also might be because I kinda know what Im doing better now). Although I initially complained to Nair about discontinueing it, I now think they made a good choice. Sugar wax is way easier to clean up...just with water!

Here's a few tips:
Buy some muslin cloth from a fabric store and cut them up into strips and use them instead of the papers you get because they are much easier to handle and they fit better to the curves. The person who mentioned to wash and reuse them is right, and same with the muslin. The fastest and just as effective way to get it done....I roll a thin layer of wax all over whichever half of my leg im doing, I take my finger and slowly smear it a little better (it only takes a second to rinse your finger off afterwards) Then I take one strip and actually go over many sections with the same strip until it gets too heavy. If it missed a few hairs on a section I use the same strip and just press down good and can get a few more hairs off. I havent gotten it to get all the hair off completely, so I use an epilator afterwards because that will get most of the shorter ones. I definately think it helps a lot that I smear it because it makes stick better to the hairs and I can make sure theres no wax missing anywhere. Oh and dont let your husband insist on doing it for you....unless he knows what hes doing...

I took one point off the package quality because as you roll in on, wax slowly starts to goop and clump up on the side corner, but I just scoop it up with my finger and smear it somewhere that I mightve missed.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/1/2007 2:49:00 PM More reviews by allyjune30

I hate this product. I bought it because the reviews here were ok, but it was just so messy and difficult to use. The first time I used it on my underarms (last week), it took me about 40 minutes to get rid of only a few hairs. After the 40 minutes, I just gave up. Then it took forever for me to clean up the roller. And just now when I opened it to try it again, wax got out everywhere, no thanks to the plug, which was supposed to keep the wax in the bottle. I will NOT be buying this again. I think I'll just go back to the veet ready-to-use wax strips.