November 23, 2014 | 2102 users online

Skincare - Face - Avalon Organics Botanicals - Vitamin C Moisture Plus Lotion w/ SPF 15

rated 3 of 5 on 9/20/2014 3:27:00 PM More reviews by Geekwmakeup

Finish is actually matte, which is rare for a sunscreen. I'm just a dewy fan, so won't be repurchasing. Also the lotion separated, part water, part super thick paste, so sometimes half the bottle would squirt out from too much pressure escaping once the thickness of the product squeezes through. I had to put product back in twice, which isn't very hygienic. And Sometimes I get water.... Smells great, but another caveat is that it flakes big time (9 times out of 10) if you don't work at hyper speed, at least on my mostly dry skin. Not sure if I got an old bottle or what. Also Typical white cast. If you want a matte finish sunscreen with a healthy philosophy, this is it. I just bought safe harbor SPF 50 at wal mart which is also healthy minded but dewy.. No more flakes, thank God.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2013 3:59:00 AM More reviews by houstoncitylights

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

What's not to love? It smells like oranges, it doesn't make me too oily, it has SPF and most importantly, it doesn't have a bunch of weird creepy chemical ingredients. The price isn't that great but it's not outrageous either. It's a little bit thick and you only need a little dollop to cover your whole face & neck. In the winter my face can get a little dry in areas and this moisturizer is the only one that moisturizes my dry areas and doesn't make my forehead & nose super shiny. Anyway I love this product and I think its definitely worth the 8 bucks.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2013 2:05:00 AM More reviews by emodel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don`t like the texture, it is not moisturizing at all and kinda sticky. I like however that for sun protection it only has Zinc Oxide & Titanium Dioxide, the stuff that more sits on your skin, reflects the sun and you can wash it off, instead of the more harmful `american` sunscreens that get absorb in your pores and cause damage. So yes, this has the good stuff. Smells nice, citrus. It doesn`t leave a white residue. Doesn`t sit or enlarge pores. If you can get used to the sticky feel when you apply it (disappears later), I think it is a good enough, more healthy sunscreen. Might be perfect for fall-spring as it only has an spf 15. oh, the label doesn`t say much, but I think Vitamin C helps with collagen formation, so that helps with anti-aging. :-)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2013 7:08:00 PM More reviews by Astarael

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Not bad overall but something in it irritated my face a little, causing a slight burning sensation. Also seemed to be really hard to wash off, even with oil cleansing. It left the typical sunscreen film I've learned to recognize when sunscreen isn't removed properly, yet oil cleansing should've removed it. It did sink in really well, and didn't appear greasy - just didn't wash off easily.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2012 10:27:00 AM More reviews by CyborgAnnie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I think it has helped with my melasma/pregnancy mask fading. I use this along with their cleansing milk which I also love. I agree, this should come with a pump, my bottle actually cracked so I have to take the top off each time I use it. Also, let it soak in about 5 minutes to reduce issues if you think it's too oily.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2012 3:44:00 PM More reviews by snoopy68

I don't think I've really noticed a difference in my skin tone or a glow factor, but quite honestly I don't think there has been any daily moisturizer or cream that has overperformed in that arena. That said, this is a nice, all-purpose daily moisturizer that's not too greasy (and my skin tends to be a little on the oily side and bit acne prone too). It has a light, fresh scent - faintly of oranges - which I happen to love the smell of oranges. There is quite a lot of product in the bottle as well. If I were to change one thing it would be to up the SPF factor to 30. This only has a SPF 15. I'm used to wearing a 30 - YES TO CARROTS. Also this product is amazingly inexpensive, especially for the amount that you get. I haven't experienced any stinging or increased sensitivity like with the Avalon Lavendar moisturizer - youch! I have not tried this product out in the winter months, but it has served its purpose for me all summer. I don't get a chalky, white sheen on my face either like I did with YES TO CARROTS. This silky lotion absorbs quickly into my skin. I will definitely re-purchase. Like I said before though, I wish Avalon would bump the SPF up to 30 and then I would be very pleased.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2012 11:53:00 AM More reviews by toastedlembas

I've been looking for a natural moisturizer with physical sunscreen to be my double-duty morning product (I'm too lazy for two separate products). I tried Yes to Cucumbers SPF 30, and it was fine, but I figured I would try something new when it ran out.

I picked up Avalon Organics after testing a few options at Whole Foods. It smelled good, spread fairly easily, and seemed to be the best bang for my buck. I wish the SPF was a bit higher, but I don't spend a lot of time in the sun, so it's probably a non-issue.

First things first: if you don't like smelly lotions or the smell of citrus, you will not like this. The scent isn't too cloying, but sometimes I get a whiff of it later in the day, especially if I have put some on my chest or shoulders.

I find this lotion easier to work with than the other physical sunscreens I've used, and it spreads out easily. I don't think it washes me out as much either (if you're wearing makeup over it, that shouldn't matter!). In fact, I think it's been helpful in making my skin tone a bit more uniform; that probably won't be the case for people with darker skin. It is a bit tacky after you first apply it, but it dries fairly quickly and makes a good base for my mineral make-up.

It isn't very moisturizing, and I usually end up spritzing a hydrating toner on before or after I apply it to give my skin that extra boost it needs in the morning. If you have dry skin, you won't get enough moisture just from this. I tried a light layer of sweet almond oil under it one day, which helped with the moisturizing but turned me into an oil slick by mid-day. I will definitely need a moisturizer under it for winter, but for summer it is fine as-is, and the dry finish is even helpful.

Pros: Smells good, is natural, isn't too expensive, easy to work with, good under make-up.
Cons: Not all that moisturizing, SPF could be higher.

I'll probably try something else before coming back to this immediately, but I'll consider picking it up again.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2012 10:14:00 PM More reviews by queenrabbit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Pros: I thought it smelled refreshing. I also was told to put my bottle in the fridge to make it keep longer. It was kind of nice putting it on your face when it was cold. I recommend doing that if you like yours.
So far it hasnít broken me out. I have sensitive skin so Iím a little bit surprised, because with others it has.
Cons: It washed me out. Iím fairly fair and it just made me look sickly when I put my foundation over it.
Also what I find strange is how everyone says it was greasy on them. With me it was the complete opposite. It made my face feel too dry. I donít know why that is but thatís just what happened with my bottle.

This was a so so product for me. I tried it out and I wanted to love it but it just has a couple problems. I may buy it again but who knowsÖ :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2012 8:57:00 PM More reviews by tisawonderfullife

This is a good facial sunscreen that contains natural ingredients. I was drawn to this sunscreen for this reason and for the fact that it contains zinc oxide and titanium dioxide as the sunscreen elements. I wish it provided a higher level of spf as I usually wear spf 30 or more.

I have not experienced any burning with this product. For me, it is not as easy to blend as other lotions. I dot it onto my face and then spread it out but I have found on some occasions the lotion dried and left a white pasty spot on my face that I have to wet with water in order to rub out. I also don't like the packaging as many times I squeeze out way more product than necessary due to the bottle design. Overall, it does its job and therefore I will continue to use it until I run out. However, I don't plan on repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2011 5:20:00 PM More reviews by lemonz4us

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used to love this. but now i changed my mind. It makes me glow and look really healthy and i thought hey it has spf 15 who can beat that?? it DOES make you look greasy upon initial application but you can just wipe off the excess shiny-ness with a tissue. just make sure you let the sunscreen absorb first so you ensure your protection.
what turned me off from this product was that it didnt offer much, if any... UVA protection. i need a sunscreen that will protect me.
a downside is that near the end of the day. think 6-7pm sunset(especially in summer) you WILL get shiny and almost greasy from this. i know i did,, and my skin leans towards the drier side
other than that it's alright i dont think i would repurchase