Shiseido eyebrow pencil

4.4

Behenic Acid, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Rhus Succedanea Fruit Wax, Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Bis-Behenyl/Phytosteryl Dimer Dilinoleate, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Triethylhexanoin, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, Polysilicone-2, Tocopherol, Methicone, Tetradecene.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I received this as a gift from a friend in Japan, and it took me almost six months to try it.

Normally I HATE putting anything in my eyebrows. I have big foofy eyebrows as it is, and the few times I've tried eyebrow products I've either hated how I looked or ended up with an adverse reaction (looking at you, Dipbrow). But after getting nagged by a coworker to "come on, just try doing something with your eyebrows," I gave in and tried it on.

There's a little bit of a learning curve here- it's finicky and the pencil is very hard- not creamy at all. But once you get the hang of it, it leaves you with very natural-looking, yet polished eyebrows. No giant face caterpillars here, as long as you "color inside the lines" of your actual eyebrows. Highly recommended for people who don't like or want the overdone, painted-on looking eyebrows that are all over Instagram nowadays.

on 12/23/2014 3:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

My HG eyebrow pencil, I have black/brown eyebrows and dark hair. My eyebrow hairs are thick, long, but lots of gaps in between. I don't want super dark harsh eyebrows and everything I find is either too red, too dark, or too light until I found this. I use shade Deep Brown. This perfect for filling in empty spots. If you are going for that Instagram eyebrow look, I don't recommend this pencil because you wont get a super defined clean look. The mini brush at the end is to BLEND the product so it's softer looking and distributed. The pencil is hard and leaves sort of powdery finish. I use this everyday and it's lasted me about a year per pencil which is worth the high price tag. I don't know where I would be, or my eyebrows, without this!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I've been repurchasing this over and over again but I sort of have a love/hate relationship with this one. I get the pencil in dark brown 02 and it lasts me about 6 months. This eyebrow pencil looks very natural and fills in sparse spots great. In the summer it melts off really easily though and one thing that I absolutely hate about it is the sharpening. It doesn't sharpen easily and I need it sharpened to achieve a cleaner outline of the brows.. this sharpening results in the pencil breaking and I waste product for nothing. Other then the above, I love this pencil for the natural look it gives sparse brows.

on 4/17/2014 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I agree with the comment below! I'm surprised to like this in 02 Dark Brown shade which instead gives off a taupe or light brown shade. Perfect for dark blonde. Brows looks natural light brown no joke!

on 12/17/2013 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I have tried many eyebrow products. Many. Powders look like a caterpillar on my face because I do have brow hair, but it's light and some hairs are even white now. Pencils are either too red or too yellow in the Ash or Taupe. So I went out on a limb here and bought this in dark brown. It has no red or yellow to it, and by using it with a light hand, I get a light brown brow, a true light brown that lasts all day. I love the hard pencil! Then I top it off with Mac brow gel to color the white hairs. It's a long pencil, but it's still pricey.

The Maybelline brow pencils are similar in hardness, which is nice, but they are way too reddish.

I gave it a 4 for packaging because I don't understand the brush on the end. I would prefer a spoolie, but I use it to dip in a white shadow to apply under my brow. I can't figure out what else it's for. It sure can't be for blending because it doesn't blend.

For other blondes who are looking for a light brown/taupe brow with no red/yellow, try the dark brown! It's a pleasant surprise.

Update: I've been using this for months and I still love it. I went back to a few other pencils for a bit, but kept coming back to this. The color is fabulous.

on 10/21/2013 1:54:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

This is the best eyebrow pencil I've tried so far, mostly because of the color. Raven-haired ladies rejoice! I have the shade Natural Black and it works with my black hair and brows. I've only used drugstore pencils and powders in the past and their shades usually have a lot of red undertones, so this product was a revelation! This fills in my brows very naturally.

I don't like having to sharpen the pencil, which wastes some product and is a slight inconvenience. I would love this Natural Black color as a mechanical pencil. I prefer the finer tip and the fact that you just twist the pencil to get more product. Anastasia Brow Wiz now comes in a black shade, so that may be next for me. I also don't use the brush side that often. I prefer to use a spoolie to brush out the pencil lines, but the brush works in a pinch.

While this product works pretty well for me, I'm a little at odds about the price. I have found drugstore brow pencils I like, but the shades are a little too warm toned and it takes more time to make them work for me. I'd happily go back to Maybelline Define-a-Brow if they'd make a shade like this. Until then..

on 6/18/2013 3:37:00 PM

This is my HG eyebrow pencil. As other reviewers have mentioned, this is great for Asian eyebrows. I've been using Natural Black for a good 5 years now, and don't ever plan on trying a new eyebrow pencil since this one has been so dear to me. This is a product that I fear will one day be discontinued. I can't say that about most products out there.

It goes on just right; not too creamy and opaque like other eyebrow pencils I've tried. It has great staying power, and blends seamlessly with my natural eyebrow color.

HIGHLY recommended.

on 3/20/2013 1:57:00 PM

This eyebrow brush was fine, but nothing special. I should note that I am not picky about eyebrow pencils and have used both department and drugstore pencils without seeing significant difference in either.

A number of reviewers said this worked well with "Asian eyebrows," which at first, I was not sure what they meant specifically (even though I am also Asian). However, thinking about it, I think they mean that this eyebrow pencil contains no red undertones (a problem with a lot of eyebrow pencils) and works well with those who have neutral or yellow undertones on their skin. Yet, I feel this pencil would work on a variety of skintones, so don't be deterred if you aren't Asian.

I like this eyebrow pencil, especially because it gives a soft, natural, and feminine look. However, I didn't think it was much value for the cost. Perhaps I was using it wrong, but I ran out of it in a couple of months, and just couldn't justify $20 every other month just for brows.

on 1/13/2013 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this in Natural Black, which is more of a darkish cool gray colour.

I debated getting this forever, because really, it's 30 bucks for a grey pencil. I'm not disappointed at all that I did though! The colour is amazing for Asians, and it really does look very natural. The brush is also quite good at blending in the pencil without lifting too much colour. The pencil is soft, but not so creamy that you go through it super fast. I've used mine for half year every single day, and there's still quite a stick left. I don't need to sharpen it too much either, since it works well with a dull point. That means I don't waste too much product, hurray!

I just wish it was a bit cheaper, but it's really quite worth the money.

on 11/28/2012 7:43:00 PM

I'm so glad I listened to all the great reviews on here and from youtube and purchased this gem.

I have the usual sparse Asian eyebrows. I have this in natural black - the colour is more gray so I was a little skeptical when I first opened it but when I applied, it looked very natural and not too "made up". It's perfect for my brown-black hair.

I think this has replaced the Lioele auto eyebrow as my HG eyebrow product. Although I really like the Lioele one, this looks more natural and I have a feeling it will last a lot longer. More pricey, but also more readily available for purchase.

Popular Brows Products