November 27, 2014 | 1337 users online

Moisturizers - Urban Decay - Guardian Angel Moisturizer [DISCONTINUED]

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2009 10:38:00 AM More reviews by hellokittyfan1974

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this moisturizer becauee of the SPF 15 and its lightweight and oil free on your skin! It was part of the "Urban Defense" face care line from a few years ago. I used this along with the detox cocktail wich was pretty good too! This line is no longer available :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2007 1:52:00 AM More reviews by RayvnNA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was great stuff for daytime wear. Too bad it was discontinued. It's so light so it wasn't too thick for my oily skin. It went on smoothly and had aloe which made my foundation glide on like silk! The SPF was nice too. Very very nice, I wish Urband Decay didn't do away with their skincare line. I liked all of it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2007 9:27:00 PM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great light moisturizer with SPF. It absorbs quickly and has a very light scent. All the UD skincare products were discontinued awhile ago, which is a shame.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2005 11:44:00 PM More reviews by meltywarhol

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using this along with the Detox Cocktail in the mornings. Since DC is a bit moisturizing, combined with Guardian Angel it's about right for my normal skin. GA is very light, watery actually, and I have to be careful or it will run right out of my hand, but I've gotten used to it. I like how it's absorbed quickly and a little goes a long way. I also like how the packaging stands upside down so the last little bit can drain out easily. I would definitely prefer a higher SPF rating, but at least it has something.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2004 12:40:00 PM More reviews by Skeptic

I have the oil-free version. This is a very light SPF15 moisterizer. I like it b/c it's not creasy, it absorbs quickly, and doesn't leave you looking shiny or oily. I have tried Neutrogena moisturizer and hated that it made me look so greasy after I put it on. I really like this one. It doesn't have any smell and no matter I much I slather on, it just seems to absorb into my skin. Recommended very much for those who want a light SPF-15 moisturizer. Cost is around $20 for 50mL. I also like the fact that it's not a twist top, makes it easier and faster to use.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2004 4:32:00 PM More reviews by zoegirl1987

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Other

This moisturizer isn't amazing and I wouldn't pay $20 for it but I got it for $8 at TJ Maxx and it was worth it. Not greasy and I didn't even get oil free! So that is a plus. It makes my skin soft smooth and It has sunscreen. I'll use it up but I probably wouldn't rebuy as it isn't a whole lot better then Olay Complete, which is much cheaper for much more product. EDIT: Realized this was making my skin sore, which was really strange. Passed it on to a friend with less sensitive skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/20/2004 9:26:00 AM More reviews by summersnight

This is a nice lightweight and fast-absorbing facial moisturizer. Probably the least greasy moisturizer with SPF that I've tried. It doesn't irritate my sensitive skin or break me out. Unfortunately, I just cannot get past the smell. For some reason, it reminds me of dandelions! There's gotta be something else out there! BTW, I've seen it at T.J. Maxx for $7.99.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2004 4:00:00 PM More reviews by star811

I bought the oil free version of this, and I love it! I only recently discovered Urban Decay's Urban Defense line of skincare, and so far, it's been great. I have combination skin, and this moisturizer makes my normal cheeks soft, and my t-zone matte. I use this over UD Detox Cocktail. My skin has started looking brighter since I started using it! I'd definitely repurchase (even though it's relatively expensive.)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2004 12:46:00 AM More reviews by ak808

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the oil-free version and while it does have SPF and a nice velvety, matte finish, it caused mild breakouts. It is not moisturizing enough for my combination skin as I had dry patches after a couple hours.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2004 9:10:00 PM More reviews by jaimmie

This is the best moisturizer I've ever used (the oil free version). It's super expensive, at $20 for 50mL, but I love it. It's just so well suited to my skin. I normally have very oily skin, and with this on, I can last at least a 1/2 day with my skin *not* looking shiny! Despite being a poor student-type, it's the one beauty product I'd spend the money on.

Edit: So, I've since upgraded my skincare ($20 for moisturizer? eh, heh. I no longer flinch, actually it's quite reasonable), and no longer use this. I still think it's an excellent moisturizer though.