Ben Nye Bella Luxury Powder in Banana

4.3

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)

on 3/28/2015 6:56:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I would not be able to live without this product.

This leaves my makeup looking flawless and makes my undereye concealer last ALL day.

Packaging is a bit mehhhh so i transfer it into an a natural collection loose powder jar i had cause i hated that powder.

If you're not sure if you'll like it you ca order samples from Ebay or amaxon first and then you will fall in love like i did.

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

A really nice setting powder that works well even on me. It doesn't make me look ashy or washed out. As a matter of fact it seems to blurr skin imperfections leaving the skin to looking flawless. The ingrediants do such, so I wouldn't repurchase it. I purchased the smaller dome size, but I see this lasting for nearly 100 or more uses. You get a ton of product.

on 3/19/2015 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was excited to get this product after reading the amazing reviews and watching some tutorials that used this. I realllllly wanted to love it but it's far from HG status for me. I like the brightening effect of the color, but it doesn't last long on my oily skin. In fact, I feel like it causes me to get oiler, faster than usual. I like my pressed powders much better.

on 3/3/2015 9:03:00 PM

AMAZING PRODUCT! Super silky unlike any other powder ive ever used,a little goes a long way,Made my skin completely poreless and airbrushed looking,nuetralized all the redness on my face and stayed all day without needing touch ups and at the end of the day my face still was not oily or shiny. One thing to keep in mind,if you are fair or light skinned this powder will not work as a highlighter like it does on Kim.K it will work as an all over makeup setting powder that completely nuetralizes redness and produces an airbrushed look that last all day. Worth every single penny

on 2/26/2015 5:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I apologise that my review is so long but REALLY WORTH READING!

Just look at those ingredients! talc, zinc stearate, corn starch, rice starch, iron oxides (color), diazoludinyl urea, propylparaben, methylparaben, and fragrance

Talc (quote from cancer.org website) "It has been suggested that talcum powder might cause cancer in the ovaries if the powder particles (applied to the genital area or on sanitary napkins, diaphragms, or condoms) were to travel through the vagina, uterus, and fallopian tubes to the ovary. (...)Some studies of talc miners and millers have suggested an increased risk of lung cancer and other respiratory diseases, while others have found no increase in lung cancer risk."
Did you know that your favourite powder can contain asbestos?

Diazolidinyl Urea is FORMALDEHYDE derivative, Ill give you quote from ewg.org:
"The International Agency for Research on Carcinogens (IARC) has classified formaldehyde as 'carcinogenic to humans,' and the U.S. National Toxicology Program has classified it as 'reasonably anticipated to be a human carcinogen,' based on emerging evidence in humans and robust evidence in animals (IARC 2004; NTP 2005). Occupational exposures to formaldehyde gas are linked to nasal and nasopharyngeal cancers (IARC 2004; NTP 2005). Animal studies confirm this link, and also suggest an association between formaldehyde in drinking water and stomach and gastrointestinal cancer and leukemia (NTP 2005)."

Parabens are known to almost all of you so I won't say more.

Everyone likes fragranced cosmetics (my nose like them too) but some can be allergic.

I used banana few times without looking at ingredients, it is well pigmented and covers natural pink cheeks. However, there are many more (check mineral makeup) powders what are not harmful to us and I will stick to them.

Thanks for reading
I really hope it will help someone
Paula

on 2/8/2015 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Great powder for setting make up. The only down side is that it doesn't last all day.

on 2/8/2015 11:39:00 AM

I got the smalled size that goes for around $10-15 CAD last summer and holy crap, it's one of the best loose powders I have ever tried.

I wasn't put off by the yellow tone as I am Asian and have neutral to yellow undertones. One of my biggest challenges when buying foundations is finding the one that's yellow enough but not too yellow in undertones.

Anyway, I had bought this after having her tonnes and tonnes of rave reviews on the 'net and I almost got the Buff shade instead. My reasoning for choosing this was that the Buff one might be too dark once winter arrived.

I love the powder because
A) it mattifies without magnifying the pores on and around my nose
B) doesn't feel like it's clogging my pores
C) offers slight colour correction for when my foundation is a hair to peach/pink toned

The way I typically wear this is that (when I'm wearing foundation) prime my skin, slap on sunscreen, apply the foundation and concealr of choice, powder using theFACEshop powder brush, spritz a bit of NYX Matte (/or Dewy depending on my mood) setting spray, and then powder just my T-Zone lightly. This set-up tends to last 6-8 hours without me needing to touch up or fix anything.

It doesn't have a strong smell and it doesn't flare up my sensitive skin. I know that in Canada, you can either buy it online at camerareadycosmetics or at IMATS (where I got it last summer)

HG loose powder candidate for sure<3

on 2/3/2015 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm

This is an okay powder i have extremely dry skin and this makes any dry area even more noticeable and flaky if you have oily skin this will be a good powder for you its also not great for light skin if you are anything below an nc 35 this might look a bit orange. Packaging is okay, What I do really like is that its affordable,you get a great amount of product and its really fine and soft i wouldn't repurchase because of my dry skin. If you have dry skin and you're looking for a good powder i recommend the nars light reflecting loose powder its a kind of pricey but it works great on dry skin !!

on 1/14/2015 6:59:00 AM

best setting powder after rice powder. it's super fine milled and easy to blend out. sets my foundation with ease

on 12/30/2014 4:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This powder will only work if you have skin tone darker than NC 40/ NW 35 + overall great powder

Recommended for Normal Skin