Kiehl's Ultra Facial Moisturizer

3.6

Water, Squalane, PEG-100 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Triethanolamine, Sorbitan Oleate, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Carbomer, Methylparaben, Stearic Acid, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Propylparaben, Myristyl Alcohol, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Prunus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Retinyl Palmitate

on 8/9/2015 11:35:00 AM

This is a decent, simple moisturizer but it is too oily for my combo skin. I switched to Kiehls Ultra Facial CREAM and it turned out to be my HG moisturizer. Weird because this product has a more lightweight texture than the cream does, go figure.
Good product but it wasn't for me, wouldn't buy it again.

on 8/9/2015 11:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I used to really like this 2 years ago as I found it very moisturising for my dry/normal skin. I purchased it again this year but for some reason hated it as I found it too oily/heavy on my face (and I did get 3 pimples too). I think the application actually worked properly on my skin this time because I am using a toner now which probably allows the moisturiser to really sink into my skin to its fullest potential, which could explain why I felt oily. This isn't the type of moisturiser that will sink into your skin and disappear, it sinks in but stays on your face and leaves it somewhat sticky/oily so it would be great for those looking for that :)

on 2/27/2015 8:22:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I have a very dry skin and this cream is magical! Maybe a little oily, but if you wanna use it before foundation, it'a a perfect base! You need a very small quantity of product. Just one touch of powder and the result is spectacular! The only thing that left me disappointed is the package: It's hard to push the bottle and to dose the product. But, except for this point, i'm very satisfied! Price: 18€ for 30 ml (in Italy)

on 2/22/2015 2:16:00 PM

I have been re-purchasing this lipsticks times and times again and it is quite a good product.

I also prefer one that has SPF in it, to act as a double agent to both nourish and protect your skin.

This products is suitable for all skin types, but I find that for my very dry skin it is not that enough. It does work as a nice "makeup prep" but I dont feel that it feeds my skin with all the needed nutrition.

I think it is a perfect product for those people who have normal or combination skin, but nothing too extreme like very oily or very dry.

If you need more thoughts on this and other products from Kiehls, feel free to check this blog review below.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I honestly think I have tried most moisturisers on the market & never seemed to find anything quite like this! It is the HOLY GRAIL of moisturisers in my opinion - amazing! Light, non-greasy, quick drying and fragrance free! I feel it really hydrates my skin and also acts as an excellent base before make-up application! Although a little pricey (34) for 250ml I feel it lasts for ages and is worth the splurge!!!

on 11/19/2014 9:38:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I start by saying that I have combo-dry skin with a few dry patches now that the weather is getting colder. This lotion comes out pouring from the bottle hence I wish there was a pump(or some smaller opening). I have thought about pouring this lotion into another container with a pump.

This lotion itself is runny and spreads easily but leaves a shiny, greasy finish which makes it only suitable for use at bedtime. Quality of lotion is superb. It deeply moisturizes which ultimately improves the texture of my skin(no more dry patches).

No skin reaction such as itchiness or breakouts.

No scent I can discern.
All in all a lovely product.

on 9/8/2014 4:58:00 PM

After running out of a tub of this, I decided to mess around with cheaper alternatives only to come back to purchasing another one.
This is probably the only moisturizer that balances out my combination skin and doesn't break it out. I find that if you use too much, it could be difficult to absorb and really greasy but you really only need an ample amount. It's really a no-frills moisturizer, so I'm not too happy about the price but I would still purchase again since it's one of the few things that doesn't induce acne.

on 2/5/2014 9:49:00 PM

This is just an expensive sunscreen. Not worth it... I returned it after one use.

on 1/24/2014 7:08:00 PM

LOVE it!
It is the only thing that makes my skin look smooth in this weather. And keeps it that way the entire time. If you run it in between your fingers it feels a little sticky, but apply it and be patient for like 30 seconds and there. It glows, and not in a shiny or greasy sort of way.
For reference, I have very normal(not super dry, not oily), well behaved skin, and not generally prone to break outs.
About applying makeup over it, I read all these reviews and was a little worried. Here is what I found. You can! If you give it a minute. I tested this out at Nordstrom, and then walked over to MUFE to buy a foundation, which I tested out over this. Went on so smooth. I don't use foundation much, so I am yet to see if this works when you apply it immediately.
The price is expensive(40 dollars including tax), but it's 8.4 oz! That's cheaper than most drugstore companies if you do end up using up the bottle.
Works equally well in the morning and at night, since there is no SPF.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Others have said that this moisturizer does not absorb quickly, is greasy, and feels a bit sticky on the face. Even though I have normal skin that is not oily at all, I have found this to be the case as well. Yes, when I put this moisturizer on, my face and neck still have that sticky feeling even two hours later. So I wouldn't apply this during the daytime or under makeup. I use it at nighttime... and this moisturizes my skin so deeply that it glows in the morning. And the thing about this product is it lasts forever. Two drops of this product will moisturize my entire face.