October 31, 2014 | 1644 users online

Moisturizers - Kiehl's - Ultra Facial Moisturizer

rated 3 of 5 on 9/22/2014 9:24:00 AM More reviews by Maple26

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really liked this as a moisturiser, it was everything i was looking for in the way that it hydrated my skin.. I've tried looking for a moisturiser that takes away that tight feeling after washing my face. Well the reason why I don't totally love it because i think it made me break out. I've been using this product for 2-3 months and my skins been breaking out with pimples and tiny white bumps on my chin, below chin, cheeks, forehead. It's probably because the moisturiser is oily. I am planning to stop using this to see if it really is the problem and i will update.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2014 4:58:00 PM More reviews by marcy93

After running out of a tub of this, I decided to mess around with cheaper alternatives only to come back to purchasing another one.
This is probably the only moisturizer that balances out my combination skin and doesn't break it out. I find that if you use too much, it could be difficult to absorb and really greasy but you really only need an ample amount. It's really a no-frills moisturizer, so I'm not too happy about the price but I would still purchase again since it's one of the few things that doesn't induce acne.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/5/2014 9:49:00 PM More reviews by Faiths876

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is just an expensive sunscreen. Not worth it... I returned it after one use.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 7:08:00 PM More reviews by SFifi

LOVE it!
It is the only thing that makes my skin look smooth in this weather. And keeps it that way the entire time. If you run it in between your fingers it feels a little sticky, but apply it and be patient for like 30 seconds and there. It glows, and not in a shiny or greasy sort of way.
For reference, I have very normal(not super dry, not oily), well behaved skin, and not generally prone to break outs.
About applying makeup over it, I read all these reviews and was a little worried. Here is what I found. You can! If you give it a minute. I tested this out at Nordstrom, and then walked over to MUFE to buy a foundation, which I tested out over this. Went on so smooth. I don't use foundation much, so I am yet to see if this works when you apply it immediately.
The price is expensive(40 dollars including tax), but it's 8.4 oz! That's cheaper than most drugstore companies if you do end up using up the bottle.
Works equally well in the morning and at night, since there is no SPF.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2013 7:18:00 PM More reviews by RaquellaDeVille

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Others have said that this moisturizer does not absorb quickly, is greasy, and feels a bit sticky on the face. Even though I have normal skin that is not oily at all, I have found this to be the case as well. Yes, when I put this moisturizer on, my face and neck still have that sticky feeling even two hours later. So I wouldn't apply this during the daytime or under makeup. I use it at nighttime... and this moisturizes my skin so deeply that it glows in the morning. And the thing about this product is it lasts forever. Two drops of this product will moisturize my entire face.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/25/2013 8:46:00 AM More reviews by Caish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Its okay. I cant pin point what i like or dont like about this moisturizer. I would almost say its fickle. Sometimes it absorbs quickly and some times it doesnt. Some days my skin still feels dry after using it and some days it feels oily. I has not made me break at all and i will continue using it until i run out but i dont think ill re-buy as there are many excellent moisturizers under $40 that do the job better

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2013 11:31:00 PM More reviews by Cactus_Pear

Greasy greasy greasy greasy. Did not absorb just stayed greasy. Disappointing as I found the other "ultra" products such as the cleanser to be awesome.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2013 7:16:00 AM More reviews by Walko

Pleasantly surprised by this.I usually use anti aging creams rich in antioxidants vitamins etc.This has some good ingredients squalene, sweet almond oil, avocado oil and apricot kernel oil,so it's not bad at all I'm not sure how much of these ingredients this contains (if it's enough to be beneficial) but I use an antioxidant serum underneath.It's fragrance free,I wouldn't consider it otherwise..It's a super hydrator and a little goes a long way.This will keep your skin hydrated for a long time.My skin is combination and this suits me fine.I think it would be ok for most except oily skins. I would be careful there.I don't actually use this during the day as it has no spf, although you could use it under an spf.But I find it a bit greasy for this and prefer a serum under sunscreen I've been using it as a night cream and I wake up with silky smooth skin.This has become one of my favourites and really £15 for a 75ml bottle is not bad. I like the packaging as well, personally I will not buy jars .To be honest I've never used many Kiehls products until recently. But I like this, and their ultra facial cleanser is second to none.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by joyceturangan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

oily oily oily... sticky sticky sticky... it was written it will absorb and the sales person also said it will absorb... not at all...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2013 3:09:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I got a sample of this moisturizer is and it absolutely fab. The sample I got was fairly generous at 15mL so it lasted me about a week applying morning and night. I have really dry skin and wasn't expecting the moisture in this to be quite enough but it was perfect. The lotion is fairly liquidy but it absorbs into the skin quite nicely and smooths on the skin effortlessly- there is no tugging or dragging, it just melts right in. I have sensitive skin and this neither broke me out nor caused irritation of any kind. The only thing I wasn't a huge fan of is that is left a little bit of a watery feeling on my skin after applying it so if I was going to wear makeup I would have to dab it off with a tissue. Overall I think this is a really great lotion and for $38 (I believe that is what the saleslady said it was), you can't really go wrong. Highly recommend.