October 2, 2014 | 1180 users online

Hair Treatments - Aesop - Rose Hair & Scalp Moisturizing Masque

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2014 5:48:00 AM More reviews by lilpea

This is very expensive and whilst it feels like its very natural ingredients-wise, it is just not as good as my beloved Terax Crema. Its a light yellow creamy consistency with a light rose scent which is not overpowering.
I am not adverse to spending on my hair but even this is too much for me, its just not worth the $$$

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2014 4:54:00 AM More reviews by highpot223

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i bought a tube packaging small want to test if this work. the product is good but packaging sucks . so difficult to squeeze out of the tube. once it burst at the end of the tube and went into my eyes when i try too hard, i think the consistency is too thick should not place in a metal tube. maybe pastic or a pump make it easier to use.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2013 8:49:00 AM More reviews by notevangelista

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a special, my-hair-is-a-giant-ball-of-static today hair mask. It's quite pricey for the amount you're getting, but because I've reasoned that this is an emergency treatment, I'm willing to repurchase.

This is a cream like consistency that is a little more loose in formula than other commercial masks I've tried, and it does come out of its tube pretty easily. If you're into the product and have a tube-wringer on you, this is a great time to use it. You have to apply this after shampooing, and have to comb into your hair from scalp to the tip of the hair with a wide tooth comb. I have long, waist-length hair so it takes quite a bit of product to get this through the entire length of my hair and I wish that they'd stated the precise amount of product that you have to use. Anyway, I sat around with this in my hair for around 30 minutes, and this, and getting it out of my hair was just a pain which is why I've removed a point. It doesn't get out of your hair quick enough, which is annoying because you've done all this extra waiting around with sticky product in your hair, and it's frustrating to wash it twice to get all the never ending product out.

In terms of results: I have a dry, irritated scalp and as a result, dry hair that is quite long and therefore can get unappealingly static and frizzy. I don't use too many heat styling tools, but I do admit that I blow dry my hair 3-4 times (sometimes more) a month. But my hair is frizzy regardless. This was great for my hair, it left it smooth, conditioned, soft and static free, and the ends of my hair in soft, cascading curls and the rest of my hair quite straight, which is the natural shape (?) of my hair. My scalp was not irritated at all, and it actually felt pretty healthy for the next few weeks, which was great!

So, I would recommend this product because it did work, and while the process of using it was cumbersome, the end result was worth it. In terms of price, I think it's worth it, but only as an emergency measure.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2012 9:01:00 PM More reviews by laurentothemax

I want to like things from the Aesop line but I just can't. Although the packaging and scents are beautiful, they just don't do what I need them to do, especially at this price point. The rose hair and scalp masque is no different. The packaging although seriously lovely is annoying. Its a struggle to get any decent amount of product out once you get half way down the tube. Also, the cap broke on mine after the second use. The effectiveness of this masque is sort of whatever on my dry long wavy hair. I suppose for fine hair it might work ok. My hair smelled good afterwards but thats about it.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/26/2010 7:39:00 AM More reviews by Rashunda

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Other, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have afro-textured hair. I wasn't impressed with this. I expected a lot more from a 120 ml tube that cost CHF 30.00. It's okay, but not for the cost.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2010 3:23:00 AM More reviews by lisant72

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This works well.
The main thing it does for my hair is make it incredibly soft and removes a lot of the fuzz, but yet my hair is really light and not weighed down afterwards.
I blow dry, straighten, etc, so I use this once a week to try and help my hair not fall out - it is crazy expensive though, and I probably want to try some other masks/treatments before I come back to this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2010 4:44:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I have fine, blonde dyed & highlighted hair that needs to be weel conditioned w/o adding weight and build up. I need volume.
Not sure if this is premature review but all i have to say is that I am unimpressed about this product.
I had a couple of samples & used them after my shampoo (Terax Collagene). Nice scent (rosey, natural) texture Ok, bu this did absolutely nothing for my hair.
I did not expect deep conditioning, but at least some conditioning. NO! My hair was frizzy and static afterwards.... I need more volume and this has done the opposite. Hair is super flat and ends are fired-like.
My hair sucks after this conditioner (not the Terax shampoo as I use d it w/ other stuff and never gor this bad outcome).
To me, a big NO.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2009 4:42:00 AM More reviews by aquasea2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Hair treat par excellence. Forget the big brand masques - this is better and it smells divine. Not really rosey - more natural .. a bit of a wicker basket smell.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2007 4:10:00 AM More reviews by minnieHK

Okay this product is crazy expensive..but it does work!! It looses a lippie because of the price, but the packaging is great now that they added the tube.

This product works wonders on dry, damaged, abused hair and for people that suffer from scalp problems: dry, itchy, flaky scalps.

It smells great, leaves the hair feeling soft and shiny without weighing it down and also helps calm the scalp - just make sure you massage some into your scalp.

I try and leave this on for an hour or 2 with a shower cap so that it has a good chance to work its magic, otherwise I use it 1 x week for around 10mins.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2007 5:58:00 PM More reviews by Dagne7

I love this masque for my hair. I leave it on overnight and my hair feels amazing afterward. I really like the fact that it's beneficial for the scalp as well. The price in the US is pretty outrageous for only 4.2 oz of product. I was lucky enough to have a friend purchase it for me at a decent price. However, I now feel like I can't live without it. I saw a 500ml bottle of it for $120 online. Heaven help me.