December 20, 2014 | 1768 users online

Sunscreen - Neutrogena - Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF45

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2014 1:59:00 PM More reviews by drsid

the only sunscreen which doesn't make my skin oily doesnt make it feel heavy after buying this I dont even consider buying any other brand

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2014 3:45:00 AM More reviews by niftypineapple914

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Edit- I got so sick of this balling up with my Persagel 10. I've switched to Garnier BB w/ spf, for my spf. I'd love to wear a higher SPF but I can't walk around with greasy skin and white bits on my temples and jaw. Would work well for people with less problematic oil production.
My first ever daily sunscreen, and I need to do some more research. After battling severe, chronic acne from 14-24, I finally found a combined treatment to prevent breakouts. 600mg trimethoprim (300mg AM&PM), .1% differin PM, persagel 10 AM, and mdformulations glycolic cleanser AM&PM. I know - a list of active harsh products. But they keep me clear as I've been since childhood.
Because I am thus so photosensitive I knew I needed an SPF, but my enormously oily skin had me balking at taking the plunge. I liked this, as its comfortable to wear, but it leaves a white cast and it doesn't play nice at all with my Persagel. It also makes my Tzone grossly greasy, even though I put literally the smallest excess product amount there.
I have found Garnier's BB cream for oily/combo SPF 20 efficient for now, but for summer and Ibiza holidays, I'll look toward LRP's options next.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2014 1:33:00 AM More reviews by eve33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love it! For about 6 years this has been my every day sunscreen, and I love it! Main reason - It doesn't cause me to break out as most sunscreens do, and does feel very light and sheer on my fairly oily skin - no high shine! I usually live in an ultra humid climate and I sweat a lot, and this doesn't leave me looking slimy and greasy as most sunscreens do. It has a nice consistency, doesn't leave my skin looking white-ish, and is great under make up. I like how the cap is on the bottom, and the tube has a matte finish that doesn't get slimy. I use it on face and body all the time!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2014 12:38:00 AM More reviews by Mykada

Dry and sheer.... BIG LIE. Maybe if it isn't hot outside it feels different? I bought this to go to Costa Rica for two weeks. (I'm in my last three days of my vacation as I type this) As far as keeping me from burning, it does its job, however it definitely is far from sheer or dry to the touch. It feels thick and greasy, so thick and greasy that I can just touch my skin and feel if I've missed anywhere applying it. I guess in some aspects that is a good thing, however definitely not what I want to feel on my skin. I have oils that feel better than this stuff. It also collects in lines and crevices on your body. My skin feels GROSS when I use this. To top off this wonderful experience with this product, my face has a burning sensation and I'm breaking out terribly. I didn't even break out this bad when I was in high school, I'm in my mid 30's and even my mary kay facial products (which I love btw) haven't been able to keep me from breaking out from this product. Even after scrubbing clean in my shower, I still feel like it's on my skin in some places. I have been using it daily for almost the two full weeks and after I get home I will be buying a different product to take to the beach, and I will be throwing away the full bottle of this one I have at home and whatever is left in this one as well. I'd almost rather be burnt than to feel this stuff on my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2014 9:03:00 PM More reviews by rippityrippity

So far, I'm loving it. It's so light, with a soft matte finish and no white cast. I'm still looking for my holy grail sunscreen--which might be the Elta MD UV Clear--but this is a great standby drugstore sunscreen.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2014 11:06:00 AM More reviews by emvie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I had this left over from the summer, I'd put it on before going to the beach or the pool. My esthetician told me a few months ago that I should be using a daily sunscreen and I've been on the search for the perfect one ever since. In between trying new ones, I use this. Ideally I'd like one without parabens, but this unfortunately has them. Therefore, I keep purchasing and trying different sunscreens but none live up to this one. I have oily skin and this is the most mattifying that I have found. It doesn't contribute to my oily face. It doesn't clog my pores. It doesn't make me break out. Most sunscreens make my eyes sting and water when I get tired later in the day but this doesn't, it just stays where it is supposed to be. I put Rosehip Oil and Jojoba Oil on my face, let it soak in while I'm getting ready, then put this on. I love it. I don't think I'm going to find a better sunscreen for my face--just wish they'd get rid of the parabens... maybe some day!
I wouldn't have chosen this specifically for a daily sunscreen, as SPF 45 is a bit high for daily use (especially during the winter) so when I run out I will probably purchase SPF 30.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/7/2014 5:20:00 AM More reviews by Trisha289

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I hate this product!It made me break out and made my skin look dull and dry.I prefer my la roche posay<3

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 7:14:00 PM More reviews by thisisnotindy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this sunscreen. I've been using it every day since I was freshman in high school and I'm 20 now. It drys to a matte finish and is light on the skin. The only thing to be careful about is to make sure you rub it in well, or else there will be white-ish streaks.

I have medium toned Asian skin that is very yellow and I don't find that this sunscreen leaves any sort of residue or white cast as long as I rub it in well enough. The sun protection works, I've never burned with it on before.

I can't say I know much about the ingredients, but it's worked well for 5 years and I will continue to buy it. Costco runs a deal on this sunscreen every summer and I just grab a couple packs then which is enough to last me the entire year. Highly recommend!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2013 5:10:00 PM More reviews by missyoualready

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hate this product. I used it a couple of times and at first I liked it - like it says it is dry touch, nice consistency that does not leave my face oily, however it made my breakout like crazy. I was getting compliments on my skin for it clearing up and suddenly right after I started using this I got pimples all over my face. I let my friend use this and she had the same problem as well. Will definitely not be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2013 9:43:00 PM More reviews by prettyinbleu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pro: easy to find at your local drugstore. price is reasonable esp when on sale.

Con: scent and it has 6% oxybenzone

I've been using Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch 45 for about two weeks now and so far so good. I mainly put it on my arms and chest area since I seem to all of a sudden burn these days. The product is doing what its suppose to do. It's fast absorbing and dry-touch. It doesn't leave any white streaks.

My only complaint is the scent. I'm not a big fan of it, and since my sensitive skin seem to agree with the product, I'm sticking to it for now.