September 2, 2014 | 1556 users online

Lipstick - Mary Kay - Intensity Controller

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2011 11:07:00 AM More reviews by yuyu122

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Used alone looks very weird. Combined just works for browns and neutrals... I had it as a gift...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2005 6:40:00 PM More reviews by camie333

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Intensity controller makes ANY lipstick look great. A small ammount in the center of your lips makes them look so full and if you want to tone down a lip color, put this on either before or after. It gives a subtle sheen and frost..but not overkill.I can't believe it has been discontinued! I wish I had stocked up!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2005 12:16:00 AM More reviews by Ambam032

I thought this would be fab for stretching my lipstick collection. I thought I could alter the shades I have and love to end up with twice as many options. Great in theory. I'm just not a gold person. I didn't like the way it changed every shade to a goldish version. I wish there was a silvery option as well as the gold. I have noticed that it has been discontinued. Apparently it didn't work for too many others as well.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2005 11:15:00 PM More reviews by QueenB2784

LOVE this stuff. I use it alone in the summer and it lends a gorgeous glow to the face. Gold shimmery but not over the top. It works well as toning down lipsticks but I like it alone so well I rarely use it for that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2004 10:21:00 PM More reviews by kiely98

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product is great! It's really useful for toning down too-bright lipsticks, but my favorite way to wear it is by itself. It gives a natural, yet shimmery and sexy gold glitter to lips. The only bad side is that it tastes a little yucky, but that can easily be remedied with a little flavored gloss over the top.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2004 5:35:00 PM More reviews by PaintedSophisticate

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I use this, but I'm not wild about it. It does come in handy tho. I hardly ever use it do I'm sure I'm nto going to run out any time soon, so I doubt I'll repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2004 12:20:00 AM More reviews by natchgirl

I love to layer lip products and have had a tube of this laying around for years. It's finally almost gone. I use it when my lip color seems too bright and it softens the color a bit. I'm getting kind of tired of the frosty look of it, though, and these days prefer to layer a pale pink or gold shade on top of my lipstick if I want a softer shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2003 2:10:00 PM More reviews by AwsomeVal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this lipstick. It can tone down any lipstick you are wearing, but it can also be worn alone for that golden nude look.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2003 2:32:00 AM More reviews by KarenCG

This is a pretty cool and unique product: In the form of a lipstick, it will tone up or down the intensity of lipstick colors. Apply it under lipstick to make it darker or over it to make it lighter. On top though, it tends to make lip colors a little frosty, but it does tone down the color.