Tony & Tina Mood Balance Lipstick

3.5

on 1/16/2010 3:03:00 PM

Peaceful is the best color I have found for my complexion. It works for day or night. I have "saved" this lipstick for special occasions, am almost out, hoping to buy. ?Discontinued? Disappointed

on 10/12/2006 3:39:00 PM

I finally got around to reviewing this, only to find out that the whole line has been discontinued. Just when I was really starting to like it! Anyways, on to the review. I got this in assertive, a deep brick red. The color looked pretty good on my PPP complexion, but it was incredibly dry! It just felt so dry on my lips! But the scent really did win me over, because it was nice and soothing. I wish this brand would come back!

on 7/11/2005 8:48:00 PM

I have this is Joyology, which is a nice nude brown on me. Love the scent as well, but it's not as lasting ag my Guerlain's...

Product Description: Tony & Tina Mood Balance Lipsticks contain a blend of lavender, bergamot, rosewater, and rosemary essential oils for an immediate aromatherapy boost, as well as St. John's Wort, the homeopathic anti-depressant. The combination is balancing to your entire energy system - body, mind, and spirit. Give your lips another reason to smile!

On Me: It figures...i finally found the perfect lipstick...and now they are gonna discontinue it! I simply love, love, love their lipsticks!You see i have problems with smell and taste on my lipsticks. Tony and Tina solves all my problems. I get a lovely lavendar smell that strangely really works on calming one. The taste is sweet. I kid you not, its sweet! Moisturising as well. Love that it comes in different formulaes too - gloss, sheer, cream, matte, semi-matte. Glossy colour which wears off to leave a stain. Dont have to re-apply so often too, except to get that lavender smell & sweet taste! continued >>

on 11/19/2004 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have this in Awesome. It's a great color on me. This texture is velvet - a little bit dry so I pair this with either Estee Lauder Pure Pops in Fizzy Pear or with Kiehl's Lip Balm. It's a stunning pink color, and I love the rocket-ship packaging! Update Hmm... continued >>

on 11/15/2004 9:26:00 PM

I have this lipstick in "Seductive" which is a great, mild brown-red colour, pefect for my NC25 skin, green eyes & BBB. Some reds are too overwhelming but this one looks quite natural if I put it on with a light hand. The lipstick is sheer and very moisturizing, which I love. I am a lipgloss addict, so I can't stand dry lipsticks. This one goes on lightly and I can smear on some lipstick without a mirror without worrying whether I've overdone it. The smell is annoying, but in good news, it only smells when you 1st put it on - at least, I don't notice it after that. That being said, it doesn't put me off so much that I wouldn't buy it again. I also agree with the comments that it could stay on longer - I do have to reapply practically hourly. Nevertheless, I like the formula and T&T has lovely colours (and a great corporate philosophy including being one of the few real cruelty free cosmetic companies out there now!) so I will definitely repurchase.

on 7/31/2004 2:12:00 AM

This color, entranced is the most beautiful pink I think I've ever seen. If your not too pale, this will look exceptional on you. It has a hard to describe 'glow' factor to it. Glow, or a better word, pearl-essence. Sheen, but no shimmer, if you can imagine such a thing. It's a medium pink on the mauve-ish side, but definately pink. The color swab at sephora is a joke. You must run to nordstroms or where ever else this is carried and try it on. Alas, my Nordy's is out at the moment so I'm contemplating getting it from sephora.

on 3/21/2004 2:52:00 PM

Good pale pink color (Chosen) for my coloring (fair skin, very dark hair and eyes). It's moisturizing but has a strong smell and makes my lips feel a bit numb. Alone it's ok as long as I don't put too much on, but I prefer to wear it with Hard Candy Super Shine Gloss in Pop over top. It's a great nude / pale lip when I do strong / smokey eyes. The packaging is ok, but looks a bit too phallic to tell you the truth. It tends to wear off but overall I like it and would buy again.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I also like the aromatherapy smell of this lipstick, and the color is very nice (I have euphoric). My only complaint is that the color doesn't seem to last very long.

on 9/27/2003 11:30:00 AM

The majority of the reviewers below seem to dislike the "aromatherapy" of the lipstick, but that is the reason I bought this lipstick. The scent isn't very artificial and is somewhat calming, but it is most certainly better than the odor of some other lipsticks.

I have this in Elusive, a semi-matte lipstick--my very first lipstick purchase. It is a berry wine that is perfect for my fair/medium Asian complexion. It is absolutely beautiful topped with a shimmery lipgloss for the cooler weather and warm sweaters.

Recommended for Medium Skin