November 24, 2014 | 976 users online

Lipstick - Estee Lauder - Pure Color Lipstick- Bois De Rose

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2013 5:35:00 PM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I received this color as a "gift with purchase" a few months ago yet didn't even try it out until now for some reason... Wow! I am glad I did! This color is a completely wearable lovely neutral type shade. While some state it to be a pink rose shade, I find for my NC25/30 skintone its more coral but overall a sort of mix of light mauve rose, coral with gold tones, and some beige. The formula is amazing as well- extremely creamy and longwearing.

The only down side to this product is that its extremely pricey for a neutral type shade IMO ($25). Still, find this color unique enough in its mix of pink/gold/coral that I would shell out the $$ for another [NOTE: I have seen it on Ebay for btwn $5-10 though which is great].

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2012 11:08:00 AM More reviews by BrittaBot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've owned this shade for a while (a gold GWP tube), and I didn't use it much because I thought it was too pink, and I preferred EL's Rose Tea, which is more brown and casual.

However, now that I have to dress professionally for work, I use Bois De Rose all the time because it's bright, creamy, and awakening, but not a shocking, juvenile pink. I think true pink lipstick can be a bit tricky to pull off at the office, but this shade is somehow sophisticated, despite being so rosy and saturated. Maybe it's because it has no shimmer or gloss.

I feel this shade really brightens my fair skin and defines my features since my lips are naturally pale and nondescript. It looks very pretty and fresh with a clean eye and rosy cheeks.

I find this formula works best if it's applied heavily and worked into the lips using a brush. I also use lipliner to create a clean line since the formula is a bit creamy and prone to "blurry" edges. The reason I give this a 4 instead of a 5 is that the formula is not very moisturizing, and it would be preferable if a lipstick this creamy left my lips feeling softer after each use.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2012 1:09:00 PM More reviews by blooiejagwa

The colour is beautiful. The lady who compared it to Revlon Soft Rose, saying this is more pink while that's more coral, is spot on. Very pretty, so despite all my issues with this, I still use occasionally- but when i do it only serves as a reminder of why i hate estee lauder lipsticks. Con: stupid thing, like all my other Estee lipsticks, slides out of the tube.. As in.. Falls out. I have never left it in the sun, they all do this with me. Lasting power is nil. No matter how nicely I apply, it lays thickly on and slides around, giving an ultimately sloppy look. Formulation is creamy but lays on the lips like you see so often with old ladies- i think they must all use the estee brand or similar because it's definitely a feature of their l/s.. No matter how natural the colour, it is a distinct, caked on layer- so i hate the formula. There are superior ones at the drugstore, but Elizabeth Arden color intrigue line is a million times superior to this. Creamy, saturated colour, moisturizing, with none of the cons listed above.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2011 12:01:00 AM More reviews by Bsheth86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

My friend gave this to me because she said the color will not work for her. It is GWP packaging. Has the typical EL scent to it which I am not a huge fan of. This def has a coral tinge to it but it doesn't wash me out especially since I am tan right now. I would not repurchase it because it is a pretty basic shade and I would like to have a bit more color. Overall, not bad for everyday wear and it can be spruced up by adding a coral lipgloss on top.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2011 11:25:00 AM More reviews by Kathy123

Wow, another lipstick from EL that I truly love and adore. I should be the queen of nude and pinkish lipsticks. 99.9% of my lipsticks are pink. This has a great shade that truly brightens the face. I can wear very little eye mu with this and look happy and bright. It goes well with blushes that have mauve or plum tones. It looks dark on the lips, it is just the perfect shade. This will look good on any one regardless of cool or warm or neutral skin tone.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2011 3:50:00 AM More reviews by Shiva13

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great dark nude-rosey colour. Even slightly peachey for my skin, but I adore this shade and wear it often on daytime. Although it is a nudish colour, it illuminates my face. A classic that I will always have in my bag.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2011 6:32:00 AM More reviews by lilasgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

PROS: creamy texture, moisturising, lasts reasonably well but colour isn't very obvious on lips to begin with

CONS: subtle pink, more dark rosy than radiant red rosy. can add to the ages. expensive!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2010 11:25:00 PM More reviews by songtothesiren

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't think this lipstick is as brown as some people claim. A similar shade is Revlon's 'Soft Rose', but Soft Rose has a touch of coral, while this lipstick is more of a rosy pink with a touch of brown undertones.

Pros: moisturizing, and long wearing, fades to a flattering tint, wearable every day colour, pigmented, doesn't bleed, creamy consistency, nice packaging

Cons: has a fruity smell ( it doesn't really bother me much but I would rather do without it), slight shimmer ( I prefer satin/matte finishes, but I don't find the shimmer in this very noticeable), lipstick is a little fragile, mine almost crumbled after I bought it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2010 12:11:00 AM More reviews by athenasius

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this in late December, it is now mid February, and I REALLY like this lipstick. I will CERTAINLY buy it again, as soon as it gets used up.

Colour: It is a soft neutral rosy shade with tawny peachy mauvey undertones. A MLBB shade, a bit too rose for nude, but not flat out pink rose, it is browned down a little. A VERY wearable colour that would go with warm or cool undertones. I'm a warm toned redhead, with pale golden undertones and it suits me but I suspect it would go fine on my cool toned sister.

No sparkly hunks of glitter, no shimmer, but a moist looking satiny lipstick that leaves my lips moist, not parched. It isn't the most moisturizing lipstick ever, but it's a comfortable runner up. It doesn't bleed into lip lines either.

WEAR TIME: It seems to hang in there for a while, lasting on me for 3 to 4 hours. Not thru a meal, but I always reapply my lipstick after eating a meal. Seems to last thru several cups of coffee ok though!

The case is that very unusual Estee Lauder Lucite bottom and gold sleeve that shows a colour similar to the lipstick thru the lucite bottom. That is actually quite handy, you can find the right shade at the bottom of a dark purse or medicine cabinet or drawer without getting out the reading glasses to find the name in fine print!

The case is square, so no worries about rolling off the bathroom counter as you apply makeup in a hurry. Love that feature!

This is up there near my favourite of all time, Elizabeth Arden's Breathless #17.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2008 5:02:00 PM More reviews by Shayron

Another GWP. In the tube and on my med-pigmented lips this is a brownish rose with more emphasis on the brown. Yuck, it's not flattering at all. Looks like I was eating chocolate and didn't wipe my lips. I tried it with a couple different shades of High Gloss over top and that didn't help. It's too dark.