Goldberry Lipstick

3.4

on 1/26/2004 2:05:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is such a gorgeous colour. It's sparkly, pretty, and feminine. That's why I was beyond disappointed when I tried this and found that it was insanely drying (due to copious amounts of glitter), hard to apply (I could barely get it across my lips!), and not quite so pretty on as it was in the tube. On me, it looks like the sort of little girl's lipstick you'd see at a toy store in one of those kiddie makeup kits - a vivid, unnatural colour that would never suit me. It's a strange blend of pink and peach - maybe too much peach for me, a shade I never wear - with a healthy heap of sparkles added. Like I mentioned, it's gorgeous in the tube, but looks completely different on. If this had just a touch of berry, I'm sure it would be great. But combined with its drying tendencies, I can't think of any reason to wear this again.

on 7/16/2003 11:12:00 AM

I am probably in the minority here, but even though I found the color to be quite pretty, the lipstick did not last very long on me. I found the packaging to be quite poor as after just a week in my make-up case, the tube looked banged up and old.

on 7/7/2003 12:54:00 PM

A gorgeous color--a berry pink with gold shimmer. BUT its soo drying and has such chunky glitter. It also has veryyy little pigment on my medium pigmented lips. Just not a lipstick that I would feel comfortable wearing. I'll try the WTF goldberry lipshine next.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

The..most... gorgeous lipstick I have ever seen, worn, tried on, or owned. I am *speechless*! I had previously purchased WTF?'s Goldberry Lipshine and was semi-disappointed with its 95% sheer-osity. The lipstick is what I was looking for! It's amazingly gorgeous - The name describes it perfectly. When I opened the lipstick for the first time I was amazed. It's such an absolutely perfect, unique color. I will definitely repurchase again. I don't find it too drying at all. Some days I put some balm underneath and find that the lipstick wears more quickly than if I were to wear it without a lip balm base. No complaints in any way from me! Oh, and my WTF? Goldberry Lipshine looks fantastic over this lipstick ;) Very Impressed!!! continued >>

on 4/7/2003 4:24:00 PM

The color was very unusual, but too drying of a formulation. Also, it was too pale on me. I had to return it b/c I just couldn't use it.

on 3/23/2003 1:52:00 PM

This is a gorgeous and unique color that is perfect for spring and summer. I agree that it is drying (due to all the gold microglitter), but I just use lip balm underneath. If you're really concerned about dryness, you could even top off with gloss.

on 12/28/2002 10:35:00 AM

Yes, this lipstick is on the dry side but, with a bit of lipbalm underneath, it's completely wearable. I LOVE the colour (pink with gold shimmer), I haven't seen anything else like it! More of a spring/summer colour to me, though.

on 11/30/2002 8:33:00 PM

Just got this, along with the goldberry lip shine today, and it's not quite what I expected. It's a pretty shade, to be sure, but I think it's too light for me. We'll see how it goes...might find I like it for going out at night, or under a gloss. We'll see. For right now, I'm not thrilled.

on 7/5/2002 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Bought the lip shine, love it, tried the L/S, hate it! The color isn't even the same and although it looks pretty in the tube, it's gritty and hard to smooth onto the lips. I'll stick w/the Lip Shine!

on 3/11/2002 11:27:00 PM

This is a great shade. It's just as beautiful as the Goldberry lipshine, but somehow appears more elegant without the glossy appearance. I found this l/s to be a bit drying, even over my balm, but for such a unique and gorgeous color, it's worth it. The packaging is cute too -- a pretty silver mini-tube that holds the standard amount of lipstick. Another great product by WTF?.

Popular Lipsticks