April 19, 2014 | 1574 users online

Eye Shadow - Bare Escentuals - Glimmer- Queen Tiffany

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2013 3:14:00 PM More reviews by Erika983

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I adore this shadow - it has been my everyday shadow for about two years and I'm not tired of it (unusual for me). The color is beautiful and hard to describe - I'm surprised that many sites (including the bareMinerals site) classify this color as a brown. I agree with another reviewer that this color appears to be more of a taupe-purple; but I've read many varied descriptions of this color, so it likely appears differently on different people.

I have fair skin and I do find that I have to put this shadow on with a light touch - I use a small eyeshadow brush and tap the excess off before applying. But the color is very buildable, so it's easy to make it more bold if the initial application is too light.

This is the first glimmery color I've used in many years - I always gravitated toward matte colors, fearing that a color with any sparkle would look too young on me. But somehow this color never fails to look very polished and professional; not like I'm trying to recapture my teenage years!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2013 1:29:00 PM More reviews by boribabe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my everyday eyeshadow. I've used it everyday for over a year and I still have plenty left. I sometimes even incorporate this color into a smokey eye. I've gotten compliments and a few of my friends have even bought the color for themselves. I love this color because it is very subtle yet makes your eyes pop. It's shimmery and sexy but not juvenile or teenager-y. It's totally wearable at the office of at school.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2012 9:59:00 PM More reviews by cp326

Whenever I wear Bare Minerals eye shadows, in general, I always get compliments. I have really big, dark brown eyes. Dark as in you can't see my pupils. I'm olive skinned, but in the winter I am a lot lighter since there is no sun/warm weather to tan with where I live. Honestly, when I first looked at this color in the container I thought it was a sort of taupe/purplish color. I'm still not quite sure what color it is exactly once it is applied. I wouldn't classify it as "brown" however. This color has so much dimension to it, you could practically say almost any color can be seen within it. As far as people saying it's too dark to use as a eyelid color, I disagree. Maybe it's because I tend to prefer medium shades on my lids because my eyes are so dark. I feel that really light colors don't compliment my eyes as well as darker ones do. I'll only use really light colors as a highlight under my brows or in the inner corners/inner eye. Anyways, this is a gorgeous color and I like how it looks paired with Wild Ruby (part of a past holiday collection) and Sex Kitten in the crease. It would probably work with any other shade that has a plum/taupe/brown undertone.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2011 9:12:00 PM More reviews by quidproquo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I love Bare Escentuals eye shadows. This one was nice, but much too dark for a base (which was the type of brown colour I was looking for). When I tried to blend it with a lighter colour, I found the Queen Tiffany shade didn't blend well when I tried to spread it across my crease. Just looked like a dark brown smear rather than the nice shimmery sweepy look I wanted. It's too bad; nice colour, but too hard to work with.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2011 11:18:00 AM More reviews by kbugg

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this...pairs perfectly with BE "Soul" for a dramatic look or with "Vanilla Sugar" for a softer/daytime look.

Con: Do wish this had the sifter thou, I know some of the newer eye colors have that included so there is less spill.

Pro: Color is great for my light skin, blue/green eyes!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/2/2011 11:55:00 PM More reviews by fancynancy

I couldn't apply this with any precision whatsoever. It was just all over the place. Very very messy. I was so dissapointed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2010 12:29:00 AM More reviews by akn8v

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a GORGEOUS, GORGEOUS (worth saying twice) eyeshadow. Looks great for lid or crease. Highly recommended.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2010 1:02:00 PM More reviews by lexijojohnson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I didn't notice much of a difference between this color and BE Summer. Additionally, I felt the same about this color as I did about Summer: Even with the best of eye shadow primers (and actually, BE does make a great one), this would go all over the place. If you put sparkle as a quality above all else when it comes to eyeshadow, you might be happy. However, I don't like sparkly shadows (only light shimmer at the most), and I don't like shadows that are so rich in fall-out value!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2010 3:29:00 PM More reviews by kawiki

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Beautiful shimmery brown, fantastic for lid or crease. The shimmer is super finely milled so it looks wet, not glittery.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2010 4:53:00 PM More reviews by EIGNA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

A stunning taupey brown with gold shimmer. Looks great on the lid with a brow highlight for a simple smokey look. I hate the packaging as you have to do the whole sift, swirl, tap routine. Much rather swipe across an eyeshadow pan,but I love the color. I'll rebuy unless I can find a dupe by MAC or Stila. EDIT: I had to add another lippie to this as the luminosity of this shadow is out of this world. Just a soft glow w/o any frostiness. Just amazing! It's my favorite lid shade currently even with having several taupe/light brown shades to choose from in my collection of MAC and in my UD Naked pallatte. I'm getting a hand on the packaging too, though I still wish I could get this in pan form.