October 31, 2014 | 821 users online

Fragrances - Coty - Wild Musk

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2014 9:21:00 AM More reviews by sherrier

This is a warm, sweet scent. I like it a lot. I wore this when I was in high school then went on to other perfumes. All of these years, I forgot about it. I was at Walmart and saw it sitting on the bottom shelf and I grabbed a bottle of the spray cologne. I am so glad I bought this, smells amazing. It has changed somewhat since the 70's, it was better back then but it is still pretty good now. Last night when I bought this, I had also sprayed some Chanel Allure on. To my surprise, the Wild Musk is a much better fragrance and much cheaper. Yes, I will repurchase and always have this in my perfume collection.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2014 10:42:00 PM More reviews by gpk104

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I loved this scent back in high school... and I still do! It's the perfect combo of sexy and sweet to me. Not at all dirty smelling and not to cloying or sticky sweet. Nice staying power on my skin too! Now I have to find me some Love's Baby Soft!! :)

rated 2 of 5 on 9/30/2013 6:52:00 AM More reviews by lovelyswan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is too musky, almost a straight musk to me - a bit overpowering. It actually smells kind of dirty on my skin. On some people this simple, affordable fragrance smells amazing, but not on me. I'll stick with my Jovan musk.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2013 1:18:00 AM More reviews by karebear0099

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Picked this up at target for $10.97. I had read a lot of positive reviews about this fragrance but was still skeptical since it is an inexpensive drug store perfume from the 70's. I general have an idea that those types of perfumes are very heavy and smell like alcohol. I was really pleasantly surprised with this one. It smells very good. It's on the lighter side and there isn't a lot of alcohol smell when you spray it. On me it smells like musk and baby powder, kind of sweet smelling. I really like it, I think it is a good every day fragrance for a sweet price!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2013 6:42:00 PM More reviews by chameleon529

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used to turn up my nose at drugstore fragrances. I just didn't believe that scents under $10 could smell complex or even GOOD, not to mention have lasting power. However, I have recently developed a voracious obsession for musky fragrances, and to my surprise, some of the highest rated were all ds scents! They had to be at least worth a shot. And as a soon to be college student, I figured it would be good for me to start being a little less spendy. So, down I went to CVS where I tried: Wild Musk, Jovan Musk, Jovan White Musk, Body Fantasies White Musk, Skin Musk... I think that's it. The experience told me I definitely don't like white musks... too soapy clean and innocent, not sexy at all (at least by my definition of sexy). I would classify those as "Christian Sexy"- something a church lady would put on for those "special nights" with her husband. HAH. I want a warm, purring musk with a touch of raunch! This was my favorite of the bunch. Not too floral, smooth and cohesive. Similar to Skin Musk but not as clean and sweet. Unfortunately it's still a no-go for me. People have described this as timeless and ageless but I thought it was too mature on me, and when I got home my mom said I "smelled like high school" which I think just about says it all. Additionally, the scent gives me a STRONG flashback to party hookups... Powdery deodorant, a hint of banal floral, and then, well, musk. I can see why so many people like it but it is too nostalgic for me and NOT in a good way. Ironically I left the store with Prince Matchabelli Cotton Candy, perhaps the least sexy of all... unless you're a pedophile (I kid). I'm looking forward to trying more drugstore scents because although none of these jived with me, they definitely weren't as low quality as I was expecting!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2012 9:57:00 PM More reviews by GinWilton

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Someone recommended using Dark Musk from Body Time as a substitute for Coty Wild Musk. The articles state that the scent is the same or very similar. I recently purchased this Dark Musk and am very disappointed. This is nothing like Coty Wild Musk. Actually, I threw it out. Ladies, if you are a CWM fan as I am, please do not waste your money on Dark Musk. Just continue to use Coty Wild Musk and refresh often. I have yet to find a replacement.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2012 8:43:00 PM More reviews by LizWords

Of all Coty musks, this one has the most distinct smell and best lasting power. I actually like the smell of Jovan musk and white musk better, but they tend to disappear on my skin, not in terms of fading really, but more like blending into my skin so I don't notice it after a while. This musk does blend that way, it stays strong and distinct the whole time.

I like the freshness of the jovan musk and white musk better than this fragrance, the wild musk name is appropriate, there is an animalic element to it that is somewhat dirty in nature. Don't get me wrong, it smells good, very good, but it's definitely not a "clean" scent as many musks tend to be.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2012 5:09:00 PM More reviews by Metraria

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Unfortunately, I just can't smell this one. In fact, I'm unable to smell a _lot_ of musk scents. It's a shame, because from the descriptions I've read, it sounds like I would really like this.

I'm mainly just writing to say that if Wild Musk seems to have no fragrance, it's not the Coty's fault; your nose is to blame. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2012 12:52:00 PM More reviews by sekhmet

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Oh my flaming goodness--I cannot believe it took me so long to discover Coty Wild Musk! It smells absolutely luscious! This will probably never be my only perfume, but I can see it being my signature perfume. It's vaguely floral, a little ambery, somewhat spicy, and vaguely animalic--more of a feeling than a fragrance. (In keeping with the eclectic vibe, ingredients include citronellol, limonene, linalool, geraniol, coumarin, oakmoss extract, and anise alcohol.) I want to bathe in it--wish they still made the lotion. And if I had a spare $300 lying around, I would definitely buy that bottle of the musk oil that's for sale. Gorgeous and intoxicating!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2011 11:18:00 AM More reviews by Olfactoria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a bottle of the pure perfume from the '90s and a spray cologne someone gave me this year. I don't like either one. It's too bad; I am generally a musk lover (Jovan Musk is almost my signature scent) but Wild Musk just reminds me of sweat and oily hair mixed with sweet baby powder. Must not work on my skin. It seriously smells like unwashed human. This would be my pick for a drugstore version of Secretions Magnifique!

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No