October 26, 2014 | 1359 users online

Skincare - Body - Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera Gel

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 9/10/2014 12:47:00 PM More reviews by MisstinaaR

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Good for a bug bite I recently got. Read aloe can help with inflammation from acne. Recently, I started getting huge pimples (cyst like) on my face... And wondered what I had done different in my routine. I remember; I used this in hopes it would calm redness. THIS is what caused these huge pimples on my face that are taking FOREVEr to get rid of! I can't even leave my apartment I'm so embarrassed!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2014 6:38:00 PM More reviews by missamelie37

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I ordered this off of amazon, since my walmart for some reason wasn't carrying it that day. But the price for a 24 oz. bottle was less than $10! I've been using this product for almost a week now, and my skin looks A LOT better. I have been getting a lot more breakouts lately and my regular spot treatment isn't doing its wonders for my skin anymore. I also have many acne scars on my face (and a lot on my chin) and I have been using this aloe vera as a moisturizer every night and morning and my acne scars are slowly reducing! My chin scars have cleared up almost 80% from when I started using aloe vera. I also put it on a really big breakout and by the next morning it was almost gone. I even got my mom to start using it because she said my skin has been looking a lot better, so she wanted to try it for herself haha. The only thing I don't like about this is that if you get it close to your eyes, it will burn your eyes! It feels like you just cut an onion. But other than that, this product is my new HG! I will definitely be repurchasing! :)
Oh you can also use this underneath your makeup as a primer and moisturzier! I use this under my BB cream and concealer and I hardly get oily and this helps the BB cream stay on A LOT longer!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2014 8:57:00 PM More reviews by shutterbug07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this aloe vera gel as a facial moisturiser and to help with redness/inflammation, hyperpigmentation, and blemishes. It comes in a generous size pump bottle, which will last me a long time, and is more hygienic as I won't be dipping my fingers into a container. It feels a bit sticky upon application, but quickly absorbs into the skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2014 10:15:00 AM More reviews by jaimelyn80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I actually like this as a super light hold hair gel. I have yet to find a salon product that gives a little hold with zero stickiness...and this works, so I'll keep using it for that purpose. I put it on when wet and it provides just enough hold to keep my hair in place until it dries, then I brush through or run my hands through...my curls are soft and fluffy. I also sometimes use this in the summertime in place of my regular facial moisturizer...or sometimes along with it. It works nicely to apply to (and around) lips prior to applying gloss or lipstick...makes it go on smoother. It has a lot of uses and it's an all around great product.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/29/2014 12:17:00 PM More reviews by Shiahyr

This stuff makes my eyes burn and water even when I don't put it close to my eyes! I see from other reviews that it has preservatives. Misleading as it says 100% aloe vera gel.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2014 8:03:00 PM More reviews by rustybag

Well they aren't exactly lying, this is in fact "100% gel". Problem is, people will see the packaging and think it's 100% aloe, which it is not (the package does not say 100% aloe, it say 100% gel). Usually I buy real aloe from Aubrey Organics or Mountain Rose Herbs. The ingredients in those are just aloe, a little bit of xanathan gum to thicken and vitamin C/E to preserve so it doesn't go rancid (but you still need to refrigerate after opening). It's still a liquid, which needs to be applied with a cotton ball, has some color (translucent beige), and *does* have a bit of a natural/ herbal aloe scent, since aloe does have a scent. It also heals skin very quickly, provided you don't have an allergy to aloe (not common, but it does happen).

This Fruit of the Earth gel is "100% gel", not a liquid like real aloe, is clear in color, and has no smell. The reason I bought it is because I wanted to take something with me in my purse that did not require refrigeration. I appreciate that they did not sneak in green coloring or alcohol like some other aloe gels, but I wonder what percentage of this is actually aloe. I was not able to find a figure online. It also does not heal my skin as well or as quickly as real aloe, so I'm thinking not much. I put this on a rash, and by morning it did not look any different. With real aloe, applied to a burn or rash, there is a vast improvement in my skin by the next day. Oh well, it doesn't hurt anything and does feel nice on the skin. You can get a large 10 ounce bottle of this at Walmart for about $5, but I bought the 6 ounce flip top tube for portability. If you have a legitimate skin care issue that you are going to use this for, I would go with real aloe, this doesn't really cut it.

Oh, and FYI, on the acnegenic/ comedogenic scale (0 being least likely to cause acne, 5 being the most likely), one of the ingredients in this gets a "2", one of them gets a "1", so it might be too risky to use this for acne.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2014 2:14:00 AM More reviews by Yogal28

I brought this to use together with Nubian Heritage lotion because their scent are just way too overwhelming. But it is just so weird that when i use the aloe vera gel together with Nubian Heritage lotion, it sting my eyes terribly. Had to waste my lotion and wash it off.

I hesitate on using this on its own after the terrible experience. But when i did have a breakout once and that i was desperate and didn't want to get anymore moisturizer, i thought i try this on my face but this time without the lotion, using it on it own and it didn't sting my eyes. Weird! I just think it doesn't go well together but i will use that combination on my body instead to finish up the Nubian Heritage lotion.

As for this product, on its own, it is just alright. I won't repurchase as i prefer cream or light lotion for face moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2014 9:31:00 PM More reviews by auntita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I swear by this stuff. It is the only thing I use to moisturize my face.
It's natural, moisturizes without being oily or having chemicals, it's healing, is very affordable and fruit of the earth is cruelty free.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2014 9:09:00 PM More reviews by IndustryKoda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was the option with the least amount of crap in it-filler, color and preservative. It worked really well at moisturizing and calming my skin. I took off 1 lippie because of the gelling agents and preservatives.
Next time I will purchase Georges Aloe vera gel (first choice) or Aubrey organics aloe vera gel (second) online.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2013 2:14:00 AM More reviews by Challenysc

Just use this aloe vera gel for 3 days and I am already seeing it's effects: reducing the redness, calming my breakouts, and moisturizing. It forms a layer when it dries which is smooth and firm. The thing is, it takes minutes to dry before you can continue your next product (which I don't like). Anyway for its promising effects I convinced myself to pay more patience for it. I tried Natural Republic Aloe vera gel before, it's 92% gel but wow, this one is 100%. The NP one works not bad at first (equal effects in reducing redness, calming breakouts) but hell, it contains ALCOHOL. I did not notice the ingredients until I find my skin dehydrated over the months of using it and getting dull. So I stopped and started FOTE. Hopefully it works for long!