September 20, 2014 | 908 users online

Treatments (Face) - Sally Hansen - Creme Hair Remover for Face

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2014 2:18:00 PM More reviews by ashleyford

Two days later and no weird redness or irritation. Removed all of my dark black facial hair in four minutes. I didn't use any after product just the cream remover itself. This will be a new staple for me

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2014 2:23:00 AM More reviews by thenamesmerryn

Let me start by saying that I was extremely hesitant to buy this product because of all the reviews I read on here! I went ahead and gave it a shot because I just really wanted to avoid waxing, and wow am I glad I did.

I had an awesome experience with this stuff. No burning, no redness, nothing expect for what it says it does!!
The only thing I can think of that is giving people problems is if they had used products on their face less than 2 hours before. And honestly, I didn't put anything on my face the night before I used it because I wanted to be extra careful.
Make sure you follow the directions exactly, and spot test before applying to your face!
I'm so glad I found this product, and I truly hope it will work for you as well as it worked for me!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/19/2014 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Koolkitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had excellent reults with this creme hair remover the first few times I used it, but my face can be bulldozer when it comes to abuse. I have a pretty hairy face (like lots of peach fuzz, everywhere), so depilitories are a part of the game for me. This stuff really cleared out the hair and worked great---the first few times.

And then one time I had a major reaction to it, red faced until morning with awful stinging. However, I know that was directly related to benzoyl peroxide I had applied not to long before ( a few hours) and despite washing my face it still reacted heavily. And two days later my skin was still senstive to treatments like salicylic acid.

Since I'm a glutton for punishment, I guess, I gave the creme one more chance last night. I made sure to not use any treatment in the previous 12 hours. I left it on for probably only five minutes because I started to feel a slight burn. Thankfully I did not get any redness, but man oh man was my face senstive to products the next day, very painful.

So now I'm done with it. Hopefully I find something much more gentle.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/3/2014 1:52:00 PM More reviews by PatInSJ

I was hesitant to try a cream dipilatory for my face, but I was tired of daily shaving and thought I would give it a try. It was cheap (less than 10 dollars) and I thought it would be easy. I tried it out the recommended day before, and saw no redness. The next day I applied it to the hair on my chin and upper lip left it on for 3 minutes. The hair seemed to come off my lip, but only at skin level, not below the skin as advertised. On my chin, I had to leave it on for 2 more minutes. After I rinsed it off my chin, the hair was still there, and my chin was red. Some areas were red and swollen, and the next day I had some pinpoint scabs. With the redness and scabs, now I can't even shave off the stubble. My chin looks red and horrible. So bad I am staying home from work today hoping it will get better. I wish I had checked the reviews here before buying it. No ingredients are provided for the dipilatory or the included 'almond cream'. The almond cream was soothing at first, but then it started to burn. It is probably due to the 'almond' fragrance which should not be included in a soothing cream.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/20/2014 2:11:00 AM More reviews by carolinetransue

I have normal skin, fairly sensitive. I used to olay cream for my upper lip, but then saw this one and wanted to give it a go. It worked great at first! It is now the day after and the place on my upper lip where I applied the cream is red and it burns. I will not be using this product again. I much prefer the Olay one. It is a bit more expensive, but it is worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2014 2:33:00 AM More reviews by Lovelaura23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Is okay but I does leave hair behind but it doesn't burn I want to try the olay duo one but I'm scared

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2014 8:50:00 PM More reviews by Christyx3

I tried this on my sideburns. It removed the hair pretty well, but what I didn't take into consideration was that I have tiny hairs on my cheek. Well, it took the sideburn hair and some of my cheek hair too. I'm left with a huge circle patch of bare skin on my face. I should've just trimmed the hair. The smell is horrible, it makes me sick. Would not use again

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2014 11:02:00 AM More reviews by jennc91

This product is not all that. Yes it causes my upper lip to get a bit red, but it goes away within a few minutes luckily. What I do not like about this product is that it does not remove all the hairs in 3 min. It usually takes me 5 or more min to see results & when I do there is always some hairs left behind. I have what ppl would call "peach fuzz" but slightly darker. Maybe that's the peoblem, but I think Sally Hansen should make a stronger, less irritating product for face hair remover.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/5/2014 11:09:00 AM More reviews by Imperfectbarbie03

One day I was walking the halls of the evil Wallyworld, when this product caught my eye. It was Sally Hansen, and I thought it would work amazingly. Hah. I bought it because I was tired of the little hairs I did have on my upper lip. When I got home, I snuck up to the upstairs bathroom while my family was watching World War Z, and read a little of the directions. I slathered it on my upper lip, and didnt feel anything. Five minutes later, some of the hair was gone, but not all. I put it on again. This time it burned like h***, and even more when I took it off. Most of the hair was gone, but in its place was a bright red stinging moustache above my lip. In a hurry to get rid of it, I covered it in moisturiser, which burned even more. I wiped it off and it was burning so much, I wanted to scream. People would have hardly noticed the little hairs I had, but this bright red outline of a mustache was screaming, LOSER. I took wet clothes of water and put it on it, which helped the pain a little, but not the ugly red ness. "Maybe it will go away in the morning," I thought. WRONG. I woke up the next morning with a stinging sensation, and the upsetting truth that it was still there . I wet it with water again, and then covered it with BB cream by Maybelline, and now it doesn't hurt anymore :D but.... IT IS STILL RED. I'm currently writing this, while feeling stupid. I wish I had never bought it. It was the worst pain my face has ever had to go through, and I have no idea what to do about school tomorrow. KILL. ME. NOW. Ugh. I felt so stupid after applying this, but I'm glad other people have gone through this as well. Don't buy this product. I'm saving you from this mess. :|

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2014 7:41:00 PM More reviews by Beuhtrece

I decided to give this a try when I saw it was 50% off at my local Albertsons. The creme itself was great. I left it on for 6 minutes and 99% of my upper lip hair was gone! My skin feels so smooth and hairless now. The only problem I really had was with the aftercare lotion. It hurt SO BAD when I put it on. There was some stinging and redness after that.

Update: It's the morning after and my skin is still red. The 'stinging' on my forehead turned out to be little patches of skin that burned off. I washed my face with soap before and after applying the creme, which the pamphlet said NOT to do. I'm leaving it at 4 lipstick things though because it's my fault for not reading the directions thoroughly enough.

Please learn for my mistake!! Be careful!