April 18, 2014 | 1341 users online

Treatments - Sally Hansen - Creme Hair Remover for Face

rated 2 of 5 on 3/20/2014 2:11:00 AM More reviews by carolinetransue

I have normal skin, fairly sensitive. I used to olay cream for my upper lip, but then saw this one and wanted to give it a go. It worked great at first! It is now the day after and the place on my upper lip where I applied the cream is red and it burns. I will not be using this product again. I much prefer the Olay one. It is a bit more expensive, but it is worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2014 2:33:00 AM More reviews by Lovelaura23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Is okay but I does leave hair behind but it doesn't burn I want to try the olay duo one but I'm scared

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2014 8:50:00 PM More reviews by Christyx3

I tried this on my sideburns. It removed the hair pretty well, but what I didn't take into consideration was that I have tiny hairs on my cheek. Well, it took the sideburn hair and some of my cheek hair too. I'm left with a huge circle patch of bare skin on my face. I should've just trimmed the hair. The smell is horrible, it makes me sick. Would not use again

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2014 11:02:00 AM More reviews by jennc91

This product is not all that. Yes it causes my upper lip to get a bit red, but it goes away within a few minutes luckily. What I do not like about this product is that it does not remove all the hairs in 3 min. It usually takes me 5 or more min to see results & when I do there is always some hairs left behind. I have what ppl would call "peach fuzz" but slightly darker. Maybe that's the peoblem, but I think Sally Hansen should make a stronger, less irritating product for face hair remover.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/5/2014 11:09:00 AM More reviews by Imperfectbarbie03

One day I was walking the halls of the evil Wallyworld, when this product caught my eye. It was Sally Hansen, and I thought it would work amazingly. Hah. I bought it because I was tired of the little hairs I did have on my upper lip. When I got home, I snuck up to the upstairs bathroom while my family was watching World War Z, and read a little of the directions. I slathered it on my upper lip, and didnt feel anything. Five minutes later, some of the hair was gone, but not all. I put it on again. This time it burned like h***, and even more when I took it off. Most of the hair was gone, but in its place was a bright red stinging moustache above my lip. In a hurry to get rid of it, I covered it in moisturiser, which burned even more. I wiped it off and it was burning so much, I wanted to scream. People would have hardly noticed the little hairs I had, but this bright red outline of a mustache was screaming, LOSER. I took wet clothes of water and put it on it, which helped the pain a little, but not the ugly red ness. "Maybe it will go away in the morning," I thought. WRONG. I woke up the next morning with a stinging sensation, and the upsetting truth that it was still there . I wet it with water again, and then covered it with BB cream by Maybelline, and now it doesn't hurt anymore :D but.... IT IS STILL RED. I'm currently writing this, while feeling stupid. I wish I had never bought it. It was the worst pain my face has ever had to go through, and I have no idea what to do about school tomorrow. KILL. ME. NOW. Ugh. I felt so stupid after applying this, but I'm glad other people have gone through this as well. Don't buy this product. I'm saving you from this mess. :|

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2014 7:41:00 PM More reviews by Beuhtrece

I decided to give this a try when I saw it was 50% off at my local Albertsons. The creme itself was great. I left it on for 6 minutes and 99% of my upper lip hair was gone! My skin feels so smooth and hairless now. The only problem I really had was with the aftercare lotion. It hurt SO BAD when I put it on. There was some stinging and redness after that.

Update: It's the morning after and my skin is still red. The 'stinging' on my forehead turned out to be little patches of skin that burned off. I washed my face with soap before and after applying the creme, which the pamphlet said NOT to do. I'm leaving it at 4 lipstick things though because it's my fault for not reading the directions thoroughly enough.

Please learn for my mistake!! Be careful!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2013 7:46:00 PM More reviews by Threedazgracegrl

After reading tons of reviews on facial hair removal products I finally decided on this product. It was on sale at CVS for $4 which was a huge plus! I was a little nervous about the so-called burning sensation that the other posts mentioned but it never came. The smell is bad but expected with a hair remover product but the results are unbeatable! I HAD a thin mustache that was starting to bother me when I would wear foundation and it would grabbed onto the hairs and really make them noticeable but after leaving this stuff on it for about 5 minutes it was completely gone! I will be buying this product for as long as it's on the shelves!! Thank you Sally Hansen!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2013 11:19:00 AM More reviews by strangeandweird

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this today and when I got back I instantly checked out Makeupalley. I was so bummed by the rating.

I decided to do the patch test and see where it went from there. There was no reaction so I decided to risk it. Followed the instructions and waited.

And whew! I really really don't want to jinx it but It tingled a bit and then all my targeted hair came off. The smell is terrible but that should be expected.

My skin is neither too sensitive nor too robust. I have broken out from bad products and even lost a piece of skin trying to remove facial hair (nightmare!!) but whenever that happens I'm generally surprised so it isn't a common occurrence. Maybe that's why nothing crazy happened.

I have only tried it once so who knows what the future brings.

Edit. A month later this product is still successful

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2013 3:10:00 AM More reviews by tropicalsweetie2007

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my first time using this product. I've read some horrible reviews about it but I decided to give it a try anyway. I have PCOS so with that comes hirsutism and facial hair things like that, and not fine little peach fuzz either its actually coarse dark hair! I got sick of shaving and decided to give this a try on my "sideburns" area and was surprised that I didn't feel a thing! no tingle or burning or nothing at all! at the 4 minute mark I did the suggested check to see if hair came off and a little did so I reapplied the cream to the little area I tested and I left it on for another 5 or 6 mins and then used a damp cottonball and wiped it off and was surprised at how much hair actually came off! there still were some little hairs left here and there but overall took it mostly off. the only thing is my face does NOT feel smooth and hairless as I would have thought, it feels like rough stubble when hair grows back. so to me it was a waste of time and money because it didn't do the trick like I was hoping it would do. I will wait 24 hours and then apply the creme again and see if it takes it all away but I doubt it will. the smell wasn't that bad compared to the stinky nasty smell of nair but it doesn't smell like roses either.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2013 11:41:00 PM More reviews by Jexka

I almost feel bad writing a positive review on this after reading all the horrible experiences people have had with this product! But this product works really well for me and for once I'm glad I didn't read the reviews before purchasing!
I bought this because I have very light peach fuzz on my upper lip area. Honestly, it's hardly noticeable, but I tend to wear heavier foundations and I found they were clinging to the hairs, and it was really bugging me. I tried plucking but it took forever since the hairs were so thin and light, and I didn't want to wax or shave, so when I saw this for only like $6 at Target I decided to try it out.
This is super easy to use -- just squeeze the product onto your finger, apply a thick layer to the area where you want to remove your hair (but don't rub it in), wait 4-8 minutes (I usually wait about 6), wipe off with a wet cloth, and your done! The first time I used this I couldn't believe how much hair came off! It really removed everything and made my foundation application so much nicer in that area.
This didn't burn my face at all, I just felt a slight warming sensation where I applied it, but nothing uncomfortable. I do usually apply the after-care moisturizer this comes with, but I don't find it does anything special, and the way the moisturizer is packaged makes the product POUR out. I usually dip a Q-tip in there and then apply that way so I don't waste product.
I'm so glad I bought this, and this tube will last me ages because it's very big and you don't need much. I only need to use this maybe once every other month, but depending on how dark your hair is, how fast it grows, etc. you may need to use this more often.
One thing I want to mention is read the directions! They clearly state not to use any other products on your face for 2 hours before or after using this product. I think some of the horror stories on here may be because they washed their face too soon before or after using this.
If you have light/thin hair like me, give this a try! I noticed some of the few other positive reviews on this were from people who had light, minimal hair to remove too, so it seems to work well for us at least!