April 17, 2014 | 985 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Mango Body Butter

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 4/16/2014 7:43:00 PM More reviews by Peony4ever

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This butter/cream is so rich and it goes on very greasy. The grease goes on everything including my carseat and wheel. I wouldn't buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2014 11:55:00 PM More reviews by djsaphira

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

The mango body butter from TBS is hands down my favourite body butter consistency wise. It's so luscious and creamy I could just sit there and rub it into my skin the entire day. This past winter was one of the harshest I've faced here in NJ over the last 13 years, and I had sadly developed huge dry patches from daily showers and no moisturizing afterwards (bad, bad Stephanie). This body butter saved my poor scaly skin within a week of almost daily use. I experienced no breakout on my body, and the driest parts just sucked it up. It was wonderful. If I lived in a super-dry climate I would be buying this by the Jumbo tubful. As I am only this insanely dry during the winter I will be waiting to replace my completely empty tub in the coming fall. Adore this butter so much.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2014 10:55:00 PM More reviews by lalalalila

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is my favorite TBS Body Butter!

It smells divine and is EXTREMELY moisturizing. Unlike some of the other TBS butters which are solid and don't move around in the container, this one is more of a soft cream. It does tend to leave somewhat of an oily/greasy sheen, but I don't mind this at all. I apply this at nighttime after showering and my skin stays soft and hydrated all through the next day. I'd suggest spending just $5 more and getting the jumbo size, since it's double the amount of product. TBS is frequently having sales so those are the best times to stock up. Love this so much! I will repurchase forever!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2014 9:29:00 AM More reviews by meilin69

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

amazing stuff. TBS body butter with the best consistency.

this is my 5th body butter after shea, cherry, coconut, and olive.
shea and coconut are amazing and perfect except one thing, they dried down to a powdery feeling, cherry is too watery, as well as the other "normal skin" butters, olive is not too watery and not too powdery and has a nice consistency, but still not hydrating enough for my skin so i have to use more products. so i went for this one instead, i thought why not if it sucks then i can go back to olive.
people said this is too greasy for dry skin, although i'm not sure if my skin is very dry, but it doesn't feel greasy at all on me, enough oiliness to feel moist but also not too sticky to make me feel uncomfortable. i apply it straight after showering when my skin is still damp. i think it does the trick.

the only downside is i hate the smell, i hate it so much, it doesn't smell like mango at all, it doesn't smell like anything i can think of, it smells like only god knows and it's too powerful for me. but not as strong as the mango beautifying oil. my aunt have a bottle on her bathroom and i applied it on my arms once i nearly killed myself with the headache after. i'd rather sniffing shea or coconut on my skin all day, but this mango really make my skin feels nice and moist, without the annoying powdery feeling so i can ignore the smell.

and people please stop whinning about how "expensive" this is cause it's NOT. you get what you pay for. if you want to buy cheap stuff with only chemicals in it then feel free to stay with drugstore, but TBS body butters contains a lot of oils and natural ingredients in it. just be honest, your skin can't be fooled like your wallet. spending more on a body butter doesn't mean a scam.

bottomline, it's a win. i will purchase again when i run out. and hopefully stock up during sale. it's near summer in my city, but this butter works just fine. or maybe my skin is just very dry.

ps; i'm glad they changed the packaging. the old picture looked like va-jay-jay, if they haven't i think it might scare me from buying.

EDIT: i still hate the smell, but getting used to it. sometimes it can be subtle and fresh and not so sickly anymore.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2014 11:48:00 AM More reviews by Zariana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received this body butter as part of a birthday gift. Truth be told, if I had any intention of purchasing this body butter, I'd be a tad bit reluctant to drop 120 ZAR ($20). This is why.

I live in the southern hemisphere (South Africa to be precise) where we experience summer-like weather conditions for eight months of the year. This body butter, for the most part, is far too moisturising for my skin for most of the year. Nobody desires greasy limbs.

It does, however, work decently when the weather cools down considerably. My legs and feet really soaked this stuff up! I cannot, however, use this body butter on my arms, chest, stomach or back area. I suspect it breaks me out in a peculiar rashy, cloggy sort of way - in summer and winter. Definitely a no-go for my upper body.

The scent is, of course, absolutely divine. It smells like mangoes to me. I'm a sucker for fruity scents.

Conclusively, this body butter was pleasant to use from the waist down, but I won't be making an effort to purchase it again when I run out. I am content using my Nivea Soft Cream. It is a fraction of the price and I'm able to use it on my upper body with no adverse reactions. If I do require extra moisture, good ol' Vaseline, olive or coconut oil suffices.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2014 4:23:00 PM More reviews by lucyjadebyrne

This product leaves my skin feeling really smooth, soft and baby-like. There wasn't as much in the tub a I had expected and when I bought it, all the product had kind of melted to one side, but not the end of the world I don't suppose.
I like to apply the body butter after showering, it makes me feel really fresh. When I first rub the product into my skin it leaves me feeling a bit greasy for 10 minutes ago but after it has soaked into my skin it feels great.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2014 10:56:00 AM More reviews by thecolormargaret

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I recieved a full size mango set from my mother in law this year, I love tropical scents and this scent is true to name. I am not entirely sold on heavily fragranced lotions because they do tend to dry my skin- this is better than most. I much prefer the consistency of this to that of a bbw product. I will use this up and just maybe I will repurchase. Very unsure :/

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2013 4:47:00 PM More reviews by liplover98

so good I love their mango stuff!!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2013 9:44:00 PM More reviews by AdelaideScars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

It smells really nice but it's so greasy, not matter how much you try to rub it in, I probably won't by any of the butters again, since most of them are just as greasy

rated 1 of 5 on 12/27/2013 4:51:00 AM More reviews by distillafan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is very hydrating but has a very sickly smell.