The Body Shop Mango Body Butter

3.9

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Mango Seed Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Cocoa Butter, Glycerin, Cyclomethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Lanolin Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Xanthan Gum, Benzyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Citral, Eugenol, Farnesol, Geraniol, Citronellol, Annatto

on 2/22/2015 1:42:00 PM

Mango is very similar to papaya scented body butter, yet a bit sheer in texture. It is not as thick as some of the other butters in the range so you won't have any problems working it into the skin.

I like the effect this body butter gives - instantly soft and radiant skin. Perfect throughout an entire year, be it summer or winter. And for the price you pay - you can't go wrong with it!

Mango scent is delicious and very fruity. If you like deeper nut scents, you may opt either for coconut or almond.

If you want to discover other products in the 'butter' range you can check this post below. Hope it helps!

on 12/15/2014 7:39:00 PM

I really want to give this 4.5 stars, but since I can't, I'm gonna follow the rules I learned in school and round it up to 5.
I'm not a huge fan of super fruity scents, but I decided to sniff this at Ulta the other day because I know that mango is their most popular body butter scent. I was BLOWN away. Not because I love mango, which I just mentioned that I don't, but because this smells exactly like a Apricot childrens shampoo I used to use when I was a little girl in Germany- I'm a huge sucker for nostalgic scents. Right then I knew I had to buy it! It was like my childhood in a tub of body butter. What could be better?
As far as moisturizing goes, it's not as moisturizing as the coconut body butter but it is greasier, so apply lightly. The scent is heavenly and stays on for a long time!

on 7/21/2014 12:14:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I really like the consistency of this and the smell is totally awesome, I love mangoes. However the one thing I really don't like is the fact that I could put this on in the morning, and by the time I go to bed, I still feel like I have lotion on and I feel a bit greasy. I really don't like that because it feels like it hasn't soaked in at all, then I feel like it's all over my clothes too. I think it does an OK job at hydrating my skin and keeping it moisturized and soft, but like I said, I don't feel as though it completely soaks in. That's about the main reason for the 3 lippies. Also, even though I do really like the smell of it, it does get a bit over powering after a while. And since this doesn't soak in all the way, I do find the smell sticks around all day until I wash it off. Which is the only other downside I found about this product. Otherwise, I don't have any other issues with it. But it's not the greatest. I'm a sucker for Hempz lotion though, absolutely ADORE that stuff. The pomegranate and triple moisture ones are my two favourites. =p

on 7/21/2014 9:02:00 AM

Im a bit torn with this one - love the consistency and it makes my skin feel great. BUT the smell is just crazy strong...i prefer to use this at night after shower,and the next day my whole bedroom smells like it and it doesnt go away unless i change the sheets and i really dont wanna be changing them daily. It was a present so im glad i didnt waste money on this

on 7/15/2014 11:55:00 AM

This smells like a peach soda to me:) kind of fake, I much prefer the vineyard peach one. I don't find it too greasy, I can use it in the summer, but my skin is normal to dry.

on 7/12/2014 9:19:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

moisturize and soften my skin, has a nice scent and not maked my skin sticky when i used it

on 5/7/2014 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Not my favorite of the range. :)

I'm not generally keen on mango scent but I got it as a present and right enough it smelt of mango and quite strongly too. It is a very thick cream. I found it too greasy for me although my skin isnt especially dry. Its a large tub so a lot of product And money to waste if you don't like it.

on 3/23/2014 11:55:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

The mango body butter from TBS is hands down my favourite body butter consistency wise. It's so luscious and creamy I could just sit there and rub it into my skin the entire day. This past winter was one of the harshest I've faced here in NJ over the last 13 years, and I had sadly developed huge dry patches from daily showers and no moisturizing afterwards (bad, bad Stephanie). This body butter saved my poor scaly skin within a week of almost daily use. I experienced no breakout on my body, and the driest parts just sucked it up. It was wonderful. If I lived in a super-dry climate I would be buying this by the Jumbo tubful. As I am only this insanely dry during the winter I will be waiting to replace my completely empty tub in the coming fall. Adore this butter so much.

on 3/11/2014 10:55:00 PM

This is my favorite TBS Body Butter!

It smells divine and is EXTREMELY moisturizing. Unlike some of the other TBS butters which are solid and don't move around in the container, this one is more of a soft cream. It does tend to leave somewhat of an oily/greasy sheen, but I don't mind this at all. I apply this at nighttime after showering and my skin stays soft and hydrated all through the next day. I'd suggest spending just $5 more and getting the jumbo size, since it's double the amount of product. TBS is frequently having sales so those are the best times to stock up. Love this so much! I will repurchase forever!

Top Rated The Body Shop Products