September 21, 2014 | 2122 users online

Gels/Soaps - Origins - Ginger Burst Savory body wash

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2013 10:24:00 AM More reviews by eadinsmo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this, even though I agree with previous reviewers on all the objectively bad points about this product.

It would be expensive to buy on its own, but I bought it in the gift set, and I bought the gift set for the perfume. Therefore, the body wash was just a nice bonus to me!

I don't actually use very much of it on my bath puff, but then again I have dry skin and have gotten into the habit of using less soap on my body generally. I think if you really wanted nice lather you would have to use a lot more - and therefore the tube wouldn't last very long.

I don't think the scent really lasts once I'm outside the shower, but it's hard to tell because I use the Ginger perfume. It's a pretty enjoyable experience while I'm IN the shower, anyway. I will repurchase if I can find the gift set again, because I'll need a new bottle of perfume soon (and it's better to get more products for the same price!)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2013 11:59:00 AM More reviews by alina08

Although I really enjoy the smell of this shower gel, I do not think I would repurchase this product. The scent is really spicy and fresh and lasts even after you step out of the shower. However, you need to use a lot of this product if you want to feel clean because it does not really lather well. This would not be such a problem if it came in bigger packaging, but the quantity of product itself is pretty small (100 ml) so that you feel like you are wasting it. I bought it in a set with the body cream and the perfume, which made it a better deal, but I feel that for so little product (considering how much you need to use each time), the shower gel is just too expensive.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2012 5:36:00 PM More reviews by sll74

i got this as part of a gift set. the gel actually stung a bit when i used it below. maybe i should have known better. after that i didn't use it there and it was fine. to me it does smell like ginger and it's a nice clean scent. i can't speak to the cost but i doubt i'd buy it as people are saying it's expensive and there are a lot of nice reasonably priced cleansers with good ingredients on the market.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2012 12:39:00 AM More reviews by maquin22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm giving it a 5 based on it's greener ingredient list and wonderful scent. The ginger and citrus is not overpowering, but light and alluring. Such a warm, cozy yet uplifting fragrance.

I have purchased items from Origin's ginger line as a treat to myself here and there for well over 13 years. This body wash isn't the most moisturizing, however whenever I take a shower with this on a cold winter day, it changes my mood immediately. That to me is priceless. I love ginger scents, but nothing comes close to the Origins version.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2009 3:17:00 AM More reviews by Melloney

Bought this against my better judgetrment. It does not really lather much - I put it on a washcloth as the instructions stated on the bottle - but there was little lather or much of anything though the ginger scent was strong. ( I have a water softener so hard water is not a problem here ) The tablet soap is much better and better value for money too .

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2008 6:49:00 AM More reviews by ycats0273

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

As mentioned, this product does not lather at all! You literally have to use a ton for a lather. I found that for my skin, this product is also very drying. I was very disappointed. The only thing good about this product is the scent. It drives me crazy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2007 3:47:00 PM More reviews by Wuzzo

Very expensive and given to me by my dear girlfriend at Christmas. I love the aroma which, as someone else mentioned, is more lime/bergamot than ginger. I use one of those scrunchy things to apply it and it foams like crazy. I wouldn't buy it myself as it is so expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2007 10:10:00 PM More reviews by wertmangrg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I feel very clean and really relaxed and fresh when I use this. My skin really loves it, so soft and lovely! Plus, when I open the bathroom door the scent travels down the hallway and my husband always loves it. Ginger is very pampering, healing, calming and is an aphrodisiac hooray! ha! ha! Just love this, and have been a huge huge Origins fan for many years! Never met an Origins product I didnt like and especially the bath products! YUM!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2007 7:50:00 PM More reviews by Shadowgirl

I was very disappointed in this. I like the smell fine, but as previous reviewers have mentioned there is hardly any lather! You seriously go through a ton of this just for one shower. There are much better shower gels out there- I'll just stick with the other Origins ginger scented products to get my ginger fill rather than buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2006 8:05:00 AM More reviews by sillyme135

This is a nice body wash, and not drying. However, it only smells faintly of ginger. I find that this smells very plasticky. I love the Ginger Essence, but this smells nothing like it.