December 18, 2014 | 1779 users online

Cleansers - Dove - Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 12/17/2014 3:00:00 PM More reviews by ness321

I really wanted to love this. After reading the great reviews I hoped this would be an instant replacement for my usual clarins cleanser. I bought two bars since they were in a pack together and used one on my face and the other in the shower. Bad idea. Firstly, it stung my eyes, which is not a major gripe, but it's definitely something my regular cleanser doesn't do. Then, I ended up breaking out in an itchy rash. My skin is not sensitive, but I continued to use this bar for a few days before finally concluding that it does not work for me. I gave two stars because the price is reasonable and it lathers pretty well.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2014 7:54:00 PM More reviews by Puppiespaws

I have to honestly say that I cant believe it, this product is AMAZING! I have struggled immensely with pimples from the age of 16, I am now 33. I have tried absolutely everything for years and years and years and absolutely nothing has worked. I have been to dermatologists, skin laser clinics, tried product after product after product for years hoping to find that miracle. I came across a few blogs in yet another attempt to try and find SOMETHING to help me with my face, and I noticed how a lot of people had said that they have super sensitive skin that reacts to anything they put on it, it had never occurred to me that I may also have sensitive skin and this could be what was causing me such hideousness on my face. This is where I found information about Dove and so I decided to race to the shop to buy some to give it a go. I used nothing but the Dove Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin on my face, no moisturiser afterwards or anything, just washing my face with the Dove. I found this a little difficult for the first 2 days as I was so used to putting moisturiser on, however I persevered because I noticed a change in my face pretty much straight away!! I've been using Dove for over 2 months now and I CANNOT BELIEVE that it has solved all my pimple problems!!!! The only thing I am annoyed about it how I didnt come across this earlier, because although I dont get pimples any more I am left with a couple of terrible scarring and red marks from years of picking, if only I had discovered this earlier before I had picked some of my face to a point of no return. I highly recommend trying this product, it doesnt make the skin feel tight at all and I cant believe how clear my skin feels, after all these years!!!

P.S I dont know that this will solve hormonal chin acne due to that being an internal issue, this is something else I suffered from for many years that went away after I had a baby.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2014 10:19:00 PM More reviews by JessicaJohanna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've always been one of those girls that when buying a product I think "okay, if this really works I'll totally review it." But I never truly fall in love with the product :-( .However, this product was bought completely on a whim. I have extremely oily skin which in thus, is super prone to black heads. I had just started my period when I decided to try this, more of a last straw kinda thing because I had literally tried everything! And if your anything like me when my monthly gift roles around I get these awful cystic like zits that hurt. Well taking a chance on this I've never been so thrilled with a product before! Like I'm talking night and day difference. The day I bought it I washed my face, took a nap and woke up to practically 1) very few black heads. 2) and my hormonal cystic pimples had gone down a noticeable difference! It's super creamy and really does feel like it gets your face clean, and with oily faces that's a must! It doesn't really have an awful smell like some people say it does, it just smells kinda natural I guess? And I think the best part of it all was usually no matter what face wash I use (and I have seriously tried everything from proactiv to honey) I have to use a lotion afterwards which really doesn't help with my oily black head prone skin, I usually use cerave but it leaves my face almost to greasy. With this beauty bar my face didn't feel tight or to dry at all! And that's never happened before! I'm so excited to see where this bar will take me!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2014 1:03:00 PM More reviews by heyitstran

I've used pricey skin cleansers from LaMer cleansing milk, Chanel, Shiseido, SK-II, Laneige and Lancome but they all irritated my skin in harsh ways. I always thought if I spend money on expensive products then my skin would be clearer. Whenever Dove bar soap came to mind, I reacted "No way! That stuff will dry my skin!". I proved myself wrong. This past month, my skin has been very irritated with uncontrollable itching and red patchy facial skin. My face was dry where there were so many skin flakes. No matter how much I moisturized or exfoliated, my skin would just get so dry and red. I have been using Dove sensitive bar soap for 1 week now and I can't believe how much my face has improved. The first few days, the soap didn't bring overnight results. It took time and towards the end of the week I've been getting the best results! Still have just a tad bit of redness on my cheek but the majority of my face isn't red! The itching stopped and my face isn't dry. I love how the soap doesn't sting my face. All the expensive cleansers I've used in the past always stung my face and it made my skin flare up afterwards. Given that this is in a bar form, this should last me quite a while. This is now my favorite cleanser and it's so cost effective. Never would I think that something so cheap can be so effective! I have to give Dove sensitive bar soap some major props because it has given me the confidence rather than hide because I was so embarrassed about my eczema/rosacea facial skin.

Would I ever hesitate to buy another cleanser? ABSOLUTELY NOT! This stuff is the BEST!
There is no fragrance in this bar soap which doesn't provide my skin irritation....love it!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2014 7:34:00 PM More reviews by Josie012

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't like this product. It dried up my face and broke me out with whiteheads. I also don't like the packaging, because I feel like soap bars are more susceptible to getting into contact with bacteria and dirt.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2014 9:53:00 PM More reviews by mwebba1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I always use unscented products for washing my special place. For the longest I used nothing but Ivory but my best friend swore by this so I tried it. This lathers and rinses clean. I love it. While I do use body wash for everywhere else, I am very careful with my lady parts. This is wonderful and will certainly stay in the rotation.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2014 9:18:00 PM More reviews by cbarber018

I love this soap I use it everyday in the shower with my body wash. It doesn't break my skin out and it also has a really nice smell to it. I'm on my third one.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2014 8:37:00 PM More reviews by Hesteria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use this bar to remove my makeup & as my cleanser when my skin is feeling irritated/dry. It removes makeup really well & cleanses my skin thoroughly w/o drying it out. I've repurchased this product more times than I can remember, definitely recommend!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2014 12:30:00 PM More reviews by Meshmmesha772000

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

THE BEST a.m cleanser for any skin type , nothing beats that I am 37 and I use that everyday for almost 10 years now and my skin never felt better ..I only prefer the pink one for its scent .

rated 1 of 5 on 5/4/2014 5:17:00 PM More reviews by jrmouse

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Last month I switched to Dove Sensitive thinking it would be better for my 51 yr old skin that is oily and prone to breakouts. I really liked that it's unscented, my skin felt nice, not dried out. But, after using it the first couple weeks I started to breakout. I have more blemishes, a couple cystic blemishes like I've never had before. After several weeks giving this soap a try and just realizing this is the only thing I've changed, it has to be this soap. I've also found on Beautypedia that Dove Sensitive Unscented is rated Poor. I wish I had researched before I purchased.

Sensitive Skin Beauty Bar is similar to Dove’s other Beauty Bars and is not recommended. Although this bar cleanser is fragrance-free, it still contains soap constituents that can be drying for skin and definitely do not rinse well. The residue this cleanser leaves on skin can impede the performance of leave-on products such as exfoliants and moisturizers.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No