September 2, 2014 | 1557 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Satin - Orb

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2014 9:50:00 PM More reviews by PlanetAmour

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Use this or brule under my eyeshadow almost every day. This is peachier than brule for more warmer looks. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2014 11:11:00 AM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Orb is a matte, very light beigey-vanilla color. This is my favorite to wear as a base underneath my eye shadows. Goes on very easy and smooth. Perfect for smokey eyes. I also use this to hi-light under my brows for a nice subtle clean look. I love it! Will re-purchase.
AC3.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2014 4:42:00 PM More reviews by ChaseSpearing

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a MAC eyeshadow that grew on me quite a bit.

After I first got it I went home expecting the perfect brow bone highlight shade. Unfortunately, this shadow is quite sheer and doesn't show up very well on my NW15-20ish skin. I was disappointed and annoyed I had bought so sheer an eyeshadow so it floated to the bottom of my makeup bag not to be used or seen again for several months.

I came back to it again after while and realized that it does have some good uses! On days when I don't want to wear a bunch of different shadows I put on a little bit of my UD primer potion and some of this and it evens out my lids and makes me ooh a little more awake! I also like it for if I'm in a pinch I can use a fluffy brush and set my under eye concealer with it! It also makes a good blending shade to help transition darker shadows into my actual skin tone.

So even though it may not be a WOW color, it does have it's uses and I like it quite a bit! But I think next time I'll do some more research and get something with more pigment.

I have this in a 4 pallet with: phloof!, bronze, and satin taupe (all of which I have also reviewed!)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2014 10:40:00 PM More reviews by bobloblaw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

MAC Orb is the little eyeshadow that could for me. It looks like the most boring thing in the pan, in the same vein of Brule or Blanc Type etc, but it transforms completely on the face.

Initially when the sales associate had suggested the shade I looked at her like she was nuts. All I saw was an off-white color that was sure to look stark against my NC37ish skin tone. I was in the market for a nice brightening, matte lid color. I figured something like Samoa Silk would be better but how wrong was I. Orb looks quite lovely on my skin tone and isn't the overly harsh white shadow I thought it would be (like Blanc Type which looks too obvious and ashy on my coloring). Instead, Orb brightens me just so, without the shimmer and glitz of my more metallic/sheeny brightening shades. There is a bit of a pinky undertone to the shade but enough peach in it to keep me from looking sickly like so many other pink-toned shades.

I like to wear Orb on the lid with Wedge blended into the crease and then Handwritten to further define the socket. Add winged liner with a light eye pencil in the water line and you have the perfect, everyday, Lana Del Rey or Adele-inspired eyeshadow look. Who wouldn't want to look like those babes?! I get a ton of compliments on that look and have even had a woman stop me in the street to find out what shadows I used on my eyes. If that isn't a good sign, then I don't know what is!

As you can no doubt tell, Orb is up there with some of my favorite eyeshadows and travels with me always. I can see myself repurchasing this countless times!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2013 7:12:00 PM More reviews by katey1980

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Whilst this shadow doesn't show up on me, it's a handy one to have on hand as I use it to tone down other shadows if I've been heavy handed (and can't be bothered to start again!) or to soften any harsh lines.

Because of how I use it I'll probably buy a cheaper dupe to replace it when I hit pan.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2013 8:13:00 PM More reviews by sizza911

This is just an OK color. It doesn't really come off as a satin IMO. It's much more matte. It barely shows up on me, it's pretty much a match for my NC15 skin. I thought this shadow looked familiar and when I checked my other shadows I discovered that it is pretty much an exact dupe of Urban Decay's Walk of Shame, so if you own that one, you don't need Orb.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2013 7:49:00 PM More reviews by goddessintraining

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had to return it because it went quite yellow on me. I'm extremely cool toned & this just wasn't a good pick, but the quality of the product itself is good & it doesn't make the eye skin look like old elephant because it is a satin, rather than matte.

Very similar in colour & feel is "lazy afternoon" #65 from Sephora's new singles line...& it costs less than MAC. just fyi.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2013 3:38:00 PM More reviews by Lomelindi

I bought this on a whim and it has become one of my (surprise) HG products. It's hard to describe its color - it's both pink and beige at the same time, and it's so light that it leans white-ish. It's a FANTASTIC matte highlighter shade that looks both "bright" and natural at the same time. It seems to go well with browns, pinks, golds and purples.

Also, out of all the MAC shades I own, I believe this one has the most "buttery" and smooth feel, which I absolutely adore. It blends like a dream.

I've only had this e/s for 2-3 months and I've already made a large dent in it because I reach for it so often. I prefer this color to all my other highlighters and I'll definitely go back to buy a spare, especially since I've never found another shade quite like it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2013 6:12:00 PM More reviews by playsindirt

Orb is a really great base "wash" for other eyeshadows. It's not glaring white and not boring beige either. Pale, rosy cream. Hard to describe, actually. If you like Orb but want more frost, try Grain. It's the same color but with more sheen.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2013 10:08:00 PM More reviews by kathrynannferrel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Something all fair skinned ladies must buy! This shadow is a matte, peachy beige that is the perfect match for my light skin. I love to use Orb as a base, highlight, or an 'eraser' for any mistakes I make with eyeshadow. If I want to go a very natural route, I'll pat this all over the eyelids for a subtle color. It doesn't go on chalky,and though I wouldn't say this is the most pigmented shadow I've bought from MAC, it does gather enough to do the trick. I will repurchase, but I haven't hit the pan yet and I've had my first Orb for more than a year now. Orb sure lasts!