MAC Satin - Brun

4.5

on 8/14/2015 8:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

In contrast to anyone else here on MakeupAlley, I do not use this for my brows but I actually use it as an eyeshadow :). I looove it's cool dark brown color, BUT it is very hard to apply. It turns out pretty patchy and it takes a lot of work to get the colour even. Still, the colour makes everything right :)

on 7/30/2015 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

The absolute best for eyebrows! It is completely ash brown, so no red tone at all, which is what I am after. I am extremely pale and it looks great on me. My brows are very natural looking now, better than with the Anastasia products. I do use Brow Fix first, then the Anastasia brow brush to shape and fill. Love!

on 1/19/2015 8:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I've been looking for a brow product and I got told by a friend to buy this product for now before buying brow dip by Anastasia Beverly Hills. After buying it, I don't want to try another product for my brows. It stays put, depend on how much of a strong colour you want, you don't need much product and after a heavy night when I've forgot to take my makeup off, it brows actually last longer than my eyeliner. Will continue buying. I need to start buying the Mac eyeshadows for my actual eyes.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I've been using this to fill my brows in only and it's does the trick. It stays put and gives the effect I wanted. But I now prefer to use Macs brow crayon in spiked as it is less hassle and more precise. Just because of that reason I wouldn't but it again.

on 3/10/2014 5:44:00 PM

I have been using this to fill by brows for 10 years. And 1 pot last me years and years. Great value, great colour. Sometimes I'll mix it with a taupier colour and use as eyeshadow when I am doing a smokey eye.

on 2/19/2014 6:53:00 PM

The perfect colour for filling in my eyebrows that are sparse on either end. Looks very natural just as if I was born with full eyebrows. I generally dab an angled brush two or three times into the shadow, then proceed run to the brush lightly a few times in the needed areas.
Have not used it as an eyeshadow as neutral/cool toned colours turn very ashy on my eyes.
Is very pricey for such a small eyeshadow, but I will continue to purchase until I find a dupe that is not powdery when I dab a brush into it.

on 1/30/2014 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

This is the perfect shade for dark brown/black brows. Brun is a cool-toned, neutral brown that gives a natural brow look. I apply it with an angled brow brush on top of my Anastasia Brow Fix. The texture is pigmented and not powdery. That said, it is not a great color for the crease or anything like that. I don't actually like using it as an eyeshadow and that seems to be the general consensus. I took off one lippie because prior to my Brun+Brow Fix combo, I used the Wet N' Wild brow kits. The dark shade in that kit is a cool brown like Brun but it is way more pigmented. I wish Brun was just a touch darker or something, but for now it remains my go-to brow color.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

pretty much the perfect color for brows. a true cool brown. personally i dont find warm tones on the brows attrctive on anyone. i use a 208 brush to fill mine in. also use this as a crease color sometimes. it can be a little stiff to move around sometimes but thats understanable due to its matte formula (even though it is a satin)

on 12/15/2013 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I never would have thought that brun would end up being one of myfavorite eyeshadows. I originally got it for my brown/black brows and it is perfect for a natural brow look. I recently started to use it as for a smokey eye and it really makes my brown eyes glow more So than other brown shades. I love layering it over taupe shadows to bring out the grey in brun. Love this I've been wearing it everyday.

on 11/7/2013 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is what I use to fill in my brows. It has the perfect undertone to use as a brow powder. If you have dark brown/black hair, you should give this a try :)

Top Rated MAC Products