August 1, 2014 | 969 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sonia Kashuk - Smudge Brush

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2013 8:44:00 PM More reviews by ichigocutie

This is my 2nd brush from the brand, I have the old version (the one with white handle). I've had this brush for years (3 years) and I deep clean my brushes without fail every week and the brush never shed a single hair. I use this mainly on my lower lash line to smudge out my eyeliner and sometimes I use this to apply my eyebrow powder. I love how tiny this brush and how the bristle is very short and dense,perfect for smudging.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2013 4:48:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Sonia kashuk brushes are my fave drugstore makeup brushes. I have the white handled version. This smudger brush is my 4th brush from her line. This brush is perfect for getting color under your lower lashes. The bristles are a bit hard. This brush would also be perfect for apply gel liners. Wouldn't repurchase but I think I can live without this brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2012 6:33:00 PM More reviews by merrysunny77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think I got this a few years ago and I am not sure if you can get this anymore...I have prob $300+ of brushes (HE to LE) and this is the most used/unique.

I used it to smudge e/l on my upper waterline and if I put eyeshadow on my lower lashline..I think I have to be only person who doesnt like pencil brushes....:) My lashes are too dense to use those...I know problems!

This was under 10 bucks at target and this and one e/s brush (Chanel #2) are pretty what all I need for eye looks. Now why do I own all the MAC e/s brushes?

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2011 12:48:00 AM More reviews by Sena007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This brush is so great. Its soo tiny and small and gets under my lash line very well with shadows. I use this very often to smudge out my eyeliner with eyeshadow. works great!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2011 12:02:00 AM More reviews by amaizeingndn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

for the money, these are the best brushes you can buy at the drugstore. they are just such great quality. I love this brush for lining under the eye. it makes for perfect smokey eyes. I am totally going to buy another.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2010 11:33:00 AM More reviews by Julia941

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have two of these brushes, an older white handled one and the newer one with the black handle. I love them both. The white handled one has shorter bristles that are a little thicker and stiffer than the black handled one, which is a little longer and more flexible. They both have nicely rounded, tapered heads which can be used for fine or thick lines. I usually line my eyes with a dampened BB eyeliner brush and powder e/s, working it into my lash line and to give a well defined line above my lashes. If I want a softer line I use this to either smudge out the line I've applied, or I dip the smudge brush in another colour to go over the line. It is also great for applying a soft line of colour to the lower lash line. I have also used this brush to apply gel eyeliner or wet with powder shadow for a thicker, softer line. I wasn't sure what I would use this for when I purchased the first one and now I find myself reaching it for it every day. Highly recommended. The package suggest it for applying powder liners/shadow into the lashes or for smudging out pencil liner.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2010 4:50:00 AM More reviews by verot909

i love this brush it smudges my mac kohl liner beautifly and as a plus i use it to apply my gel liner. its awesome for gel liner and smudging to me its kinda like having a 2 in 1 brush and the price is so afordable. i am so gonna buy me an other one :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2010 5:26:00 PM More reviews by berlina

I bought the 219 before I had a chance to get this...and i shall be returning my 219. this is the smudge brush of my dreams...makes smudging pencil liner so easy...and is as astoundingly simple to use on eyeshadows as well. i cannot believe i didn't pick this up prior to the mac 219 but i guess this gem hasn't been raved about enough on the boards.

it is also pleasant to use for those with small lids...and i have those. my bigger brushes seem to just disperse too much product and make it more of a hassle to get off than to actually give me even shadow distribution. and for 5 bucks, what have you got to lose? it's almost like they are giving you a reason to buy an easy-to-do eye look for that price.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2010 1:25:00 AM More reviews by HelloKittyHun

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Okay, so this brush is labeled as a smudge brush but I don't use it for smudging. I find it too flimsy and thin for a smudge brush. (Uploaded a pic) What I do use this for, is putting black shadow on top of my waterline eyeliner. It's perfect for that purpose, but for actual smudging, I don't find it that useful. It's too thin and flimsy to really smoke out or smudge eyeshadow, you would need a thicker more dense brush for smudging. Maybe the other white one is more useful? I'm not sure why there is a white one and a black one. But I'm reviewing the black odd shaped handle one. I also don't really like the packaging this brush came in. It came in a total separate plastic casing, which may look professional when you buy it, but useless afterward. So it just goes straight to the trash. :/
I wouldn't re-purchase. I'll look into the Studio Tools smudge brush that I heard was good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2010 11:48:00 PM More reviews by A9M8L

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is exactly what i was looking for to smudge eyeshadows/liners. I thought about getting one of those sponge-y smudge tools, but i was worried it would get dirty and hard to clean with time. this brush is small and does exactly what i want. it gives a really good smokey eye, and now i can apply a little bit of shadow on the lower lashline on top of liner to make it last longer and give a really good effect.
definitely recommend this, especially since its only $5!