October 2, 2014 | 1112 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Pigment in Old Gold

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2014 10:17:00 PM More reviews by harmony7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my first MAC Pigment and when I saw this in the store, I knew I had it have it. At first I thought it was just plain gold, but when I tried it on at home, I discovered the green and copper shades in it and I knew I found my shade of gold. Depending on the lighting, the color goes between copper, green-gold and just plain gold at times. The greenish-gold shade is very flattering on my dark skintone and I particularly enjoy the green in the pigment because it lives up to its name Old Gold.
It is small, but its so pigmented that you won't need to use alot. The small cap is helpful for depositing the color to apply from. At $21, it is pricey, but this pigment is well worth the money.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2013 9:10:00 PM More reviews by Marivale

Me gusta la textura del pigmento y su obviamente buena pigmentación, es como una seda sobre el párpado.
Es mas un color cobre que un dorado y lo que tiene es el subtono rojizo que puede hacer ver tus ojos como si fueran de un vampiro (no soy favorable al color rojo en los párpados), y esto es una tonalidad bastante evidente en el Old Gold.
Casi no lo uso a causa de ese tono rojizo que me cuesta mucho adaptar.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2012 1:51:00 PM More reviews by SwampThing

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

One of my all time favorites. I get compliments every time I wear this...especially love doing it with a dark brown in the crease and a winged black liner. Perfect for going out!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2012 12:28:00 AM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I only got a sample and probs won't get the full size
Colour:pure liquid gold
Finish: jade-green pearl
Texture: creamy
This is great as an all over wash. I think metallic colours work best for me and my darkest brown eyes. The way it reflects green makes it a duochrome, which I love! The green pearl makes my eyes pop. I think this'll work for all eye colours, best w/blues and hazel.
An exact dupe is Jesse's Girl Eye Dust in Sunlit Cactus :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2012 4:22:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Why did it take me so long to get this?! I love duochrome e/s but everytime i saw this in store i would pass it up thinking it was just another olive shade, which i have tons of. I finally got a sample of this & it was love at first swipe. Its so not olive, its an orangey-brown-gold-green. After using my sample i just had to have a full sized bottle.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2011 9:00:00 PM More reviews by TootsDiva84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

Nice pigment... interesting colors and easy to apply..only thing i don't like personally is that it doesn't mix well for me with other shadows..maybe its my application but i find its odd with other shadows which prevents me from wearing it often. High priced but lasts foreverrr.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2011 7:06:00 PM More reviews by marianab16

The colour is a very interesting duo chrome. The texture is a little bit chunky. It tends to look very green on my lids and I don't like that. I recommend it for people who likes shimmery green shades.
By applying "Old Gold" using Mixing Medium, the pigment tends to show a golden shade on your lids. In that way, you can reduce the green tones. But if you want to get a intense emerald green color, you can apply "Old Gold" over a dark base. Apply black liner on your eyelids and then, smudge the liner all over the lid. Then apply the pigment. The result is a bright emerald green. This kind of versatility is the most interesting thing about duo chromes in general and about "Old Gold" in particular.
However, I wouldn't repurchase because it isn't what I was expecting. It shows very different in the jar.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2010 1:49:00 PM More reviews by Chester99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Let me start this with the statement that I really love this pigment. In the jar is it such a gorgeous shade of gold with a hint of green and brown but as soon as I apply it it turns green on me. It's like the green and the gold in this pigment switch places and suddenly it's a green with a hint of gold instead of a gold with a hint of green. ...???... I don't know what to do any more. I want this pigment so badly to be the golden beauty it is in the jar but I don't seem to get it. Maybe it's because of my green eyes, that somehow the green color of my eyes pulls out the green in this pigment more than it does the gold?? So far I have tried it over Prep+Prime Eye, Bare Study pp, Rubenesquepp, Groundwork pp, Below Ground gps, it tried pairing it with other golds and bronzes and nothing seems to work.
It's not a bad pigment, it really is not. I'm just disappointed that I can only pair it with greens and beiges since it really is green on me.
I also found that you can dupe it when you mix Green Brown pigment and Lucky Green.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2010 8:19:00 AM More reviews by biancacris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I've never been much of a pigment fan but when I saw the swatches of this color online, I instantly knew that I wanted it! I rushed to our local MAC counter on the day the Fabulous Felines collection arrived and I must say, I fell even more in love with this pigment when I saw the actual color! It's a duo chrome gold with hints of olive and pink. Soooo pretty and versatile! I'm not one to buy back-ups but I'm actually considering getting another bottle of this item.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2010 8:29:00 PM More reviews by divadenah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Ok, When I saw this color on display at the Mac Counter, I fell in love! it was like this ducuchrome look. It was like a high pitch gold with a a tinge of olive when you move back and fourth. They were sold out of that color, so I order it online, and I just got it, and I don't get the same effect I did at the Mac Counter, maybe just a little but not like I did at the Mac Counter.
IDK, maybe Im just hallucinating, but I have other natural mineral colors verrrry close to this pigment I got today. It still is pretty, I like that it is veryyyy blendable with my other eyeshadows, I probaly wont purchase another pigment from Mac ever again after this. However, I do plan on coping the 2 Malificent duo shdow compacts from the Villians Collection.