August 27, 2014 | 997 users online

Concealers - Kevyn Aucoin - The Sensual Skin Enhancer

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2014 11:15:00 AM More reviews by AshCoco

So far I am really loving this product from Kevyn Aucoin!
It certainly is an expensive luxury cosmetic but, it really is quite fantastic! I really haven't seen many cream or liquid products similar to the Skin Enhancer, it is so pigmented and has this really silky rich and creamy texture to it, it is thick but I would not classify it as cakey.

I however really can appreciate why some people would feel like this is too much for them but, it's one of those products you've gotta be patient with and play around with to figure out how to make it work for you but, that's also the beauty of it! You can really customize it, you can sheer it out with moisturizer or oil, wear it as a full coverage foundation, or use it as a concealer! My favorite way to use it is to use it is as my highlight and under eye concealer when doing highlighting and contouring similar to how Kim Kardashian wears hers, I just use one a few shades lighter than my skin tone and it brightens my skin really nicely.

The only bad thing I would say is I could see how it would crease under the eyes since it is rather thick and creamy, but a really foolproof way to avoid that is by applying a generous amount of eye cream, then go in with the product using a damp beautyblender or pat with your ring finger and then set with a loose powder... it looks gorgeous!! Works better than any concealer I've ever used and I have a real knack for being picky with under eye concealers too lol.

I know this is kind of a long review, but I really feel it's a product that deserves it and I am already considering using it for freelance work someday so with that said I think it's worth at least sampling if you can!

Best of luck & Hope this helps :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2014 12:03:00 PM More reviews by Yasmin116

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow! This is a serious product.
I have it in SX12, a very yellow, golden shade that matches my NC44 complexion well.
This thick concentrated super pigmented cream works in all the ways described by reviewers: as a concealer, neat foundation or sheered out with moisturiser or sunscreen.
For me, I find this works best neat, in small quantities on well moisturised skin. It works wonders as an under eye concealer to completely cover my dark circles. It also looks beautiful as a foundation, evening out my hyper pigmentation, while still looking very natural, almost imperceivable texturally.
When using this as a foundation, i find I need to add contour and highlights back into the plains of my face to prevent it from looking one dimensional.
A fabulous, very unique product.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/20/2014 11:11:00 AM More reviews by BarbiieXoX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm surprised 70% would buy again if they ran out. You could honestly NEVER run out of this product, unless you're a makeup artist. This product would outlive you any day.
A needle point size amount mixed with moisturiser will cover your face as a medium coverage foundation. I'm not exaggerating.

This product definitely does what it says on the tin.
It is a concealer, not the flimsy types, probably the MOST pigmented, thickest concealer. It will cover ANYTHING even tattoos. It is sooo pigmented you can smell the foundation smell. Like what a $1 foundation might smell like, a waxy kind of smell, I cant really describe it.

HOWEVER

For acne, dark circles etc please take my advice or any general reasons you would use a concealer for, it is not worth putting this on your skin. Your skin is delicate, your under eyes even more so and acne prone skin etc is even more sensitive. You DO NOT want to use something this heavy duty on your delicate face. It will cover the problem thats not your worry, but most likely make it worse.

Yes you can sheer it out by mixing with a moisturiser. But whats the point?

I you should purchase this only if you DIRELY need EXTREME coverage and there is absolutely nothing else. If you have something like a scar (a scar yeaaars old that has healed its best already and the skin is 'dead' now) or a tattoo thats REALLY bothering you then you should go for it because NOTHING will cover like this, this may be the answer you've been looking for.

This does not 'enhance' your skin it creates a new one.
I am lost as to what to do with my pots.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2014 7:28:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

After reading many reviews regarding this product and watching many videos about it, I decided to try it, not to achieve an overly made up look but rather just the opposite; to use it as a concealer in a sparse fashion to prevent me from having to build up too much foundation all over my face. I have decided I do like it but I think it does requires a bit of time to figure out how best to use it.

This product can be used as either a concealer or a foundation. If you sheer it out and mix it with moisturizer I think it works fairly well as a foundation (although dry skin gals may have some issues if not cautious). It is expensive for the very small amount you purchase, however, I do think it will last a very very long time because you only need a small amount to achieve the result you want. I have age spots and broken capillaries around my nose that I wish to totally conceal. It is in these areas I apply the product with my beauty blender. The results are excellent.

I very much recommend you watch some of the videos on it and/or attempt to get a sample of it to match your complexion. It runs from very light to very dark. This product could be very helpful to individuals looking for a good concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2014 6:20:00 PM More reviews by JMG2012

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been having a real issue finding a concealor for my asian yellow undertone NC40 skin; i have literally tried chanel, LM, bobbi brown (eye brightener), YSL (touche eclat) and this is it!

Perfect consistency when mixed with Kevyn Aucoin primer and easy to apply and works well with my skin and does not get chalky or white nor does it look un-natural.

I am suprised that the #9 with the pink undertone was the one we prefered over the #11 with the yellow undertone. I wear this with the Dior Nude foundation or the Jouer TM and set everything with MUFE HD Pressed Powder.

I don't have very dark circles and no wrinkles and this makes me look fresh and polished.

You only have to use a tiny amount of this product and I use it in conjunction with Napoleon Perdis The One Concealor which is actually a corrector

Very happy with this product and the make-artist literally said that the jar would last me 4 years.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2014 6:23:00 AM More reviews by wajibabyyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I really really want to try this product but can't seem to find my right shade i'm a medium skintone with neutral to slightly yellow undertone sx 8 is WAYYYY too dark and orangey yellow for me 2x 6 seems too light i wear dior airflash in 300 and chanel vitalumiere in 30 or 40 depending. My coloring is medium but more of a light not too tan medium help please!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2014 1:47:00 PM More reviews by bybare

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased the sensual skin enhancer in SX15 (deepest shade) on beauty.com for about $10. It arrived very dark and I didn't know what to do with it. Then I thought, let me try it as a contour and I have never looked back. I now reach for this daily to contour my cheekbones and jawline (light on jawline). No more powder kits, etc, just this one will be what I use to contour with. I don't have to contour my nose but if I did it would work like a dream. It blends like there is no business! I dip ELF's C brush (another what do I do with this odd shape brush) on the slant side in and that is enough for both cheeks a tiny bit goes a long way. If I have too much on the brush I swirl it then use a slanted angle brush to blend it out and it works! I am sure the jar will last me until I am 100 ha. I use nothing else to contour with but this. Ladies, especially deeper skin tones, you need to try SX15

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2014 6:37:00 PM More reviews by isonbeatrice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

You might have a little sticker shock when you pay for this item and it comes in the mail in a wee, itty-bitty pot. I thought, "Surely, they sent me a sample size!"

This stuff is PIGMENTED. You totally get what you pay for and then some.

I use this product both as a concealer for Hormonal Pimples of Death (HPOD) and I've recently started using it as a foundation just on the inner parts of my face, where there's more discoloration and redness.

When I use this as a concealer, I take a synthetic brush and just lightly touch the bristles to the product. That is literally all I need--even for a jumbo zit. Press it in with your fingers to warm the product a bit and it is seamless.

Right now, I've been using a bit more (think the size of a pinhead or maybe a bit smaller) and dotting it all around my nose, cheeks (inner) and chin. Then I blend it out with a regular paddle-style foundation brush. This way I can apply a TM or BB cream on the rest of my face so that it looks fresh and not super made up, but I still have coverage where I need it. My allergies are really horrible right now as well, and buffing this around the eyes takes down the redness and discoloration I get from all the pollen.

I purchased this almost two years ago now and I don't know if I'll ever run out of it! Granted, it's not something I use all the time, as I cycle through foundations a lot, but even if you used a bit every day, it would talk a long time to use all of this up.

One caveat because it is so pigmented: make sure you get the right color! I ordered online from Nordstrom and assumed I would be the lightest warm tone because most other foundations aren't pale enough for me. SX-01 is PALE. I wear SX-03 (I'm about an NC10 in Mac--without oxidation :D).

You need to set this with powder if you have oily skin, but it lasts and gives fantastic coverage.

Highly recommended--especially if you have a special event and need something that covers but doesn't have any flashback.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2014 1:33:00 PM More reviews by Reemula

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The thing that has always made me insecure is the darkness under my eyes. For me it's something I always see. I have tried what feels like every single concealer on the market. From spending a little to spending $100 a pop on concealer I have never found a product that made my dark circles disappear. Until this GEM!! For the price it's to die for, a little goes a long way. The sa at Barney's put it on me & I fell in love. I mean to feel perfect in that lighting? That's next to impossible. When I went out in the real world the feeling of perfection didn't go away. Even into the night with that same application I looked flawless. My friends asked me immediately what I was doing different. So I was sold needless to say!! Okay guys remember a little goes a LONG way. I think for those who have issues with this cream it all has to do with application. Remember to apply an eye cream before using this. That makes this (and any other concealer) set and spread easily. Then just use a tiny bit of product. You will amazed on how little you need to feel fully covered. Less is more!!! Once you have mastered the art of applying this you will be in love. You can even use a little with your moisturizer to create your own tinted moisturizer. This is one product that will leave you feeling all around fabulous.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2014 9:38:00 AM More reviews by valerie633

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the absolute best concealer on the market! It is very creamy and it has a golden glow to it, giving the look of being lit within. You only need a tiny bit of it, to get the coverage you need. I got a small sample from Neimans two weeks ago and I still have a lot left. Neimans just started carrying Kevyn Aucoin 3 weeks ago. I used to use Bobbi Brown concealer and this one hands down is ten times better and you need a lot less product. It also photographs beautifully. I can't wait to go and spend 42 dollars and buy it as soon as my sample runs out! I have tan coloring, and I use #11, in Mac I think it 35. They have a variety of shades for AA women and all skin colors. The eyeshadows are also gorgeous! I will leave that for another post.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No