Kevyn Aucoin The Sensual Skin Enhancer

Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Polybutene, Diethylhexyl Succinate, Polyethylene, Quaternium 18 Hectorite, Calcium Carbonate, Dextrin Palmitate, Honey, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Butylene Glycol, Cholesterol, Lecithin, Talc, Triethylhexanoin, Methylparaben, Fragrance (parfum), May Contain ( /-): Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 9/21/2015 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Best concealer ever!!!!

on 9/15/2015 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is the real deal. You can't get much more coverage than this. I sometimes mix this with the Chantecaille bb cream and it just adds a bit of coverage but makes it more blendable/wearable. On it's own you have to use a really light hand because too much of this will absolutely look cakey. I don't like blending this with a brush; it's definitely better to use a damp Beauty Blender. If you have hyperpigmentation this is very opaque and works like a dream (I have rosacea, and it covered it well) The biggest drawback is the price point. I don't use it for daily wear for that reason. I do think it's worth the $ though.

on 8/24/2015 1:37:00 AM

I am so upset this product didn't work for me! I read the rave reviews and had to try it; I've had a very difficult time finding a good color match in other formulas, and have had a hard time finding a formula that looks natural, stays PUT, and doesn't upset my sensitive, dry skin. This was not it.

I tried this many different ways; mixed with primer, mixed with foundation, mixed with moisturizer, stippled onto moisturized skin with a brush, dabbed on and blended in with a beauty blender... It didn't work :( It would look fantastic when it was first applied, but no matter how I tried setting it (pressed powder, loose powder, setting sprays, primers, all sorts of layered combinations of the aforementioned...!) it wouldn't stay put and look nice for more than about an hour. It began looking blotchy and wearing off of my skin unevenly. I understood this product would take some experimentation and wouldn't necessarily be easy to work with, but even after giving it time, I could not find a way to get it to stay nice-looking on my skin for any more than an hour or so.

I gave it two lippies since it did look really nice when first applied, so I could see this working in editorial/ photoshoot type situations, and the color range goes light enough for me. SX-01 would have been perfect in winter for me, now in the middle of summer, a mix of 2/3 SX-01 and 1/3 SX-03 worked great for me. I know some people have had luck with this product, but I thought I'd throw in my two cents; I was taken in after hearing others rave about this product, so I felt it was important to share my experience so future buyers might have a more tempered expectation. I hope it does work for you!

on 8/16/2015 5:29:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a miracle in a little jar! I have some acne scarring, redness, enlarged pores and some broken capillaries on my cheek - I need a full coverage foundation and this doesn't disappoint! Yes, it's highly concentrated and quite thick. Don't let this out you off! I dab a few spots of this on my face and blend it out with a Real Techniques stippling brush. And oh my, doll like skin! I love it!

on 8/5/2015 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a handy little item for the makeup bag.

My shade is SX 05, which is a great light neutral shade that blends into my complexion imperceptibly. I use it as a full-coverage concealer - tiny dabs of it, not all over the face and not every day. You can use the light shades as highlighters. I'm generally not that creative with it. But it was great to have when I had a laser treatment and didn't want to leave the dermatologist looking all red and raw. It covered redness very well and I started taking it with me on trips. It works pretty well under the eyes, however; if it gets in your eye (from heavy sweating, for example) it can sting. For me it works best to cover small areas of redness around my nose or chin, or a blemish, just spot applied over a lightweight foundation. It is mineral oil based, so it's easy to spread, covers nicely, and doesn't look obvious.

I set with powder and it lasts for hours, looks dewy rather than matte, and doesn't emphasize fine lines. And it's concentrated so it seems to last forever. My skin is sensitive and I'm able to use this in spite of the light fragrance that is reminiscent of cold cream from 1955. I wish it were fragrance free. Some people use it as a foundation, but it's quite thick so that requires skill. I use it mainly to conceal small areas. The coverage is full.

Jar packaging isn't my favorite but this is so rich and creamy that I don't know if a tube would even be practical. Getting the right shade is important with this. If you have the wrong color, it will be noticeable.

Another reviewer mentioned milia. I did develop a couple of tiny white bumps under my eyes, too small to notice except with a magnifying mirror. Then when I was using fewer cosmetics one of them went away. In my case, I don't know if I can blame this product because I wasn't using it daily. However, with any skin condition it is good to take inventory of all the products you're using and play detective to see which ones might be at fault, and eliminate those from your regimen.

The price is $48, which sounds like a lot but the amount is enough to last years. Not a perfect product, but I do reach for it.

Mineral Oil, Polybutene, Diethylhexyl Succinate, Polyethylene, Quaternium-18 Hectorite, Calcium Carbonate, Dextrin Palmitate, Honey, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopherol,Cera Alba (Beeswax/Cire d'abeille), Butylene Glycol, Cholesterol, Lecithin, Talc, Triethylhexanoin, Methylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum). May Contain (+/-) : Iron Oxides (CI 77491,CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77491).

on 6/19/2015 6:45:00 PM

This is an interesting product. It has amazing coverage-I don't think any other product could have better coverage.
I don't see using this straight out of the container unless you want it as a concealer. it is good for mixing with suncreen or moisturizer and then applying and you can blend it out to rather sheer if you want.
But it is just too much trouble to do that on a daily basis.
I have med-light neutral color skin and use shade #7. It is a bit on the yellow side but I can make it work.
i wouldn't buy it again because it is so concentrated that you would never run out.

We all know this is a tiny product, but the amount is actually economic for how much you get out of it an how long it lasts! In early conclusion, buy this.

I never wore foundation often before this because everything i tried was obvious, didn't last and most of all, would break me out.

I decided to finally buy this because i was was tired of how long it was taking me to spot conceal and that no concealer on the market from low to high end was covering my dark blue circles or red marks properly.

I was terrified before trying it a) because of how complicated everyone makes it sound and b) in case it broke me out and it would be a waste of 40.

It is actually super easy to use. I apply it with bare fingers or a foundation brush on well moisturised skin or I mix a grain of rice with more moisturiser for a tinted moisturiser look. It layers beautifully, so as they all say, start with less and just apply more as you go.
TIP: if you do apply too much, just put your moisturiser over the top and blend some more.

Here is the best thing about this.
Since using it, within the first week, my skin has completely cleared up and my blue circles have actually reduced. I don't know if it is the honey or jojoba oil, but something in this is actually improving my skin. When i take my makeup off i actually don't cringe anymore and look forward every morning to putting it on again. Soon, i am very very sure, i won't even need it!

In terms of lasting power, i have met nothing like it. Dermablend really let me down with break outs and the fact i could just wipe it off so easily... This actually adheres to your skin, if i do get oily in the day it just looks like dewy clear skin, so beautiful! People have told me i look like an angel... Kevin Aucoin really is a god among men.

For reference, i am at my palest and I would say between an NC15-20 in mac. I suffer from redness, but i am olive toned and the SX03 is a total dream for me. The sx04 and up all seemed too yellow to me, but this one cancels out the red and matches my true olive skin tone perfectly.

on 5/31/2015 7:39:00 AM

I have very sallow olive skin with extreme dark circles. Most concealers are very fussy for me to work with. Either they don't cover, or are too thick and make the texture of the skin look gross and unnatural (and sometimes still don't even cover). I have fine lines around my eyes that don't show up much normally but even with primers or moisturizers underneath, they become very pronounced under layers of concealer. I'd rather have blackness than lines! Lighter concealers and light diffuser products are quick to apply and just take the edge off the darkness rather than make me feel like I am wearing a mask, so I usually opt for that.

I saw this product on a video and though it sparked interest, figured there could be no way it could work for me. I saw so many reviews saying this was difficult to work with, and given my drawer full of rejected concealers, I obviously don't have a good hand with makeup. I'm also very lazy with makeup. I like to be able to just slap something on my face and go, and from what I gathered, this was definitely not the product for that. I ordered a couple of samples online anyway - S12, which ended up being pretty dark for my olive skin, and S9, which was a perfect shade for counteracting dark shadows.

After letting a little argan oil sink into my skin, I barely put a pin prick on my finger, let it sit for a while so I could judge the color, then tapped it in. It went on like an undetectable layer of opaque, perfect skin. It covered better than anything I had tried before using such a small amount, and didn't look like makeup or emphasize lines.

I tried this again later minus the argan oil and had a little difficulty with it then. But with the oil first and tapping on just a small amount of the skin enhancer, like a period at the end of a sentence, it goes on like a dream. I really hate the feeling of makeup on my skin but I have to use so little of this, I don't even know it is there. A product that I barely need to use a tiny dot of that completely covers my undereye and looks totally natural - what not to love?

The only issue I might have with this is that after a couple of weeks of using this daily, I did see some milia popping up. Once that clears up, I'll try again and see if the same thing happens. If so, I will save this for nights out as opposed to a daily thing. The S9 ended up being my perfect shade for counteracting the undereye darkness but I also ended up loving the other one that I thought was way too dark for me (S12) for covering bags.

on 5/28/2015 2:45:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Okay so I tried a sample of this from Camera Ready Cosmetics because my RCMA foundation could NOT cover my dark circles and just would not freaking layer nicely. I had heard that this covers EVERYTHING, so I got it.

As someone who needs HEAVY DUTY COVERAGE under my eyes, this is the ONLY thing that works, and it is now my favorite makeup product in the existence of the universe. Despite it's thickness, this somehow blends into the skin like a DREAM!

Not ideal for dry skin because it will CLING to and highlight EVERY dry patch like crazy, and your face will look disgusting. You have to keep it AWAY from all the dry and or flaky parts of your face. (It's funny how bad it looks on dry skin considering how creamy and rich it is. It's weird.) Lucky for me, my under-eyes have not recently been dry, and I only use this as under-eye concealer, so I'm good.

So, if you have dry skin there's no way this will work out for you as a foundation.

I first apply and blend most of it out with my ring finger, and then use a DRY SPONGE in light bouncing motions to flawlessly blend it in.

You have to powder it right away or it will definitely crease, since it's so thick. It's thickness also makes it not ideal for under-eyes. (I set it with a TON of ELF's Undereye HD powder, and that makes this the only concealer to NOT CREASE on me which is amazing.)

Figuring out how to use this product was completely worth it. I want to buy out my shade from Kevyn Aucoin.

This is a complicated concealer. It works only in certain conditions, with only some powders, and only on some areas of the face. But the thing is, when it works, it's the best concealer product ever; nothing comes even close.

So, I would recommend you to try it out before you buy if possible, and just play with it to see if you can make it work for you. It's certainly not for everyone.

on 5/17/2015 5:44:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

what more is there to say about it at this point? it's a classic. i bought it to use as a foundation but have ended up using it mostly as a concealer. not that it's bad as a foundation, i just prefer something that feels a little lighter as a base most of the time. the shade range is fantastic. i bought sx01 without seeing it in person & it's a very pale neutral, maybe slightly pale for my ~nc10 skin, which rarely happens. def check it out if yr super pale.

i dispense a small amount on the back of my hand with the end of a brush to let it warm up & then spot conceal with a small brush, tapping in w/ fingers. as a foundation i dot it on & stipple in w/ a beautyblender, but fingers also work. i don't find it mixes very well w/ moisturizer but have mixed w/ liquid foundation. i think it would work for most skin types but i do rec setting w/ powder on oilier skin. it has a fragrance to it but hasn't irritated my sensitive skin. i can see why it's a makeup artist staple & i'm glad to have it in my arsenal especially since it'll last so long.

Top Rated Kevyn Aucoin Products